• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when I was a kid I didn't play video games as much (a lot more of an outdoors person), so I didn't have to worry about that kind of stuff. Most of the games I played were hand me downs from my brother or just stuff I saved up for when I was really young by doing chores and birthday money and shoveling and stuff.

Plus there was always renting from blockbuster which is how I played a lot of my games.

You've reminded me that Blockbuster no longer exists.

If it's 6 hours and framerate drops plus tearing and all of that lovely stuff, I'd doubt you'll want to pay 60 for that same game.

The Order is just releasing too late to be given a fair nod.

I stand by my statement that it should've been a launch title.

The DF analysis of The Order had it running virtually locked at 30, with no tearing or anything.

Emouse

I am watching Psychopass and I am wondering what is so bad about it? It's not that bad, and I kinda like it.

I thought that show was pretty well received? I didn't hear anything bad about it, not actually seen it myself though, it seems to have dissapeared from crunchyroll, maybe I'll pick up the blu ray set sometime

I hope Dragon Ball Xenoverse is good

People have been saying it's the best DBZ game since Budokai 3 soooo

But you should understand why people do and how that affects game perception and what price people would pay, especially in console games where gamers can't tweak settings as much as on PC.

I can understand why people want technical powerhouses and smooth frame rate. And I understand FR's value in stuff like fighting games and character action. Its also the reason people PC game in the first place compared to consoles. But I have a really hard time sympathizing with it.

Assassin's Creed can't even run at 30 FPS? Bloodborne is locked to 30 FPS? Uncharted 4 isn't gonna be 60 FPS like originally promised? This is honestly stuff I just can't find within me to care about. On the other hand, I think lying and saying "30 FPS is more cinematic" or whatever is just some straight bullshit. Just fucking say "yeah we couldn't get it to run at 60 so we're just putting it at 30" is just a better answer. I don't understand the value of lying about something like that. Its like justifying to your teacher about why you don't have your hw. Unless it was a serious emergency, you're still gonna get a 0 and you're just wasting everyone's time by trying to explain it.

Back when I was a kid I didn't play video games as much (a lot more of an outdoors person), so I didn't have to worry about that kind of stuff. Most of the games I played were hand me downs from my brother or just stuff I saved up for when I was really young by doing chores and birthday money and shoveling and stuff.

Plus there was always renting from blockbuster which is how I played a lot of my games.
I rented almost all my games when I was a kid, and I was playing on a SNES as my only console until like 2006. My dad had a dreamcast and let me play sometimes. I got a Gamecube in like 2006, and then I started doing chores and shit for my own money and went all out. PS2, Wii, OGXbox, 360.
Redbox is dah bomb. How I played Deus Ex:HR, Dark Souls, and Bioshock Infinite.

Best part is if you keep the disc for 30 days, you just get charged a full $60 since it's $2 a day and get to keep it. After that, it's yours. After playing DkS for like 2 weeks I was like, yeah I'm keeping this.

Wishful thinking but this should be a standard minimum.
I really don't care enough to complain when something has bad tearing or framerate. When it comes down to it, I care far more about content.

Souls games are pretty awful in that regard on consoles, and it doesn't really impair the game for me.

I have a gaming PC and you better beleive I eek out as much power as I can out of it when I can, but if there's no choice, there's no choice.

I rented almost all my games when I was a kid, and I was playing on a SNES as my only console until like 2006. My dad had a dreamcast and let me play sometimes. I got a Gamecube in like 2006, and then I started doing chores and shit for my own money and went all out. PS2, Wii, OGXbox, 360.

Blockbuster was the best. Except for the time I rented Wario World on my gamecube and the disc was broken. I looked EVERYWHERE for that game for months until I found a gamestop that just had it one random day.

Maybe that's why I like Gamestop so much.

Wishful thinking but this should be a standard minimum.

Unfornately, Ubisoft is still allowed to create games.

I really, really wished instead of pumping up graphics that don't look that much better than last gen, they focused on bettering performance. TLOU:R is still one of the best looking games on the console, and has great performance.

I really, really wished instead of pumping up graphics that don't look that much better than last gen, they focused on bettering performance. TLOU:R is still one of the best looking games on the console, and has great performance.
Slapping in AA and and getting 1080p60 from games that look like last gen would be rad.

Naughty Dog are just technical wizards.

CRT > TLOU
no jokes

I was about to start playing TLOU for the first time ever the other day, then I thought "Man, this game would be so much better if Joel was orange and a bandicoot. And if that giraffe was mechanical and shaped like a kart" and just decided to play some Crash Team Racing instead.

Xiraiya

I got Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped combo pack for Christmas when it came out, that game still looks really impressive as far as PSX games go.

Emouse

I was about to start playing TLOU for the first time ever the other day, then I thought "Man, this game would be so much better if Joel was orange and a bandicoot. And if that giraffe was mechanical and shaped like a kart" and just decided to play some Crash Team Racing instead.

Good.

You enjoy this too much to ever play the game, lol

budokai 3

Define good.
I've never been a player of the DBZ games, except for the few times I played with friends, so I don't know what makes a good DBZ game.

^ Yup.

Dragonball Xenoverse is looking pretty good though. As long as the game is entertaining and fun as shit then I don't mind.

Personally I enjoyed BT3 more then Budokai 3, felt more like DBZ. B3 was just kind of a fighting game with a DBZ skin.

A good DBZ game is, fun combat, decent roster, non retarded controls, and a decent story.

Xiraiya

Kart games were hit and miss for me, but CTR was the biggest surprise, I expected it to be a half assed Mario Kart, not an improvement.

This was one of the first games I owned. I loved it
I remember playing it in a black and white TV. No, I am not that old, I was just poor.

It was truly a modern masterpiece of our time. Its a shame Naughty Dog has never been able to recreate that magic.

I really don't like cart racers. Outside of Transformed.

disappointed-dad-o.gif

Emouse

I think Infinite world was better than Budokai 3...but they are pretty much the same game.

I actually really liked DBZ: burst limit, I think it's the best recent one, I did like raging blast 1&2 but they weren't as good as say the ultimate ninja storm games IMO

Ultimate tenkaichi wasn't great tho, and I've yet to play battle of Z even though I have it downloaded, maybe I'll give it a shot before Xenoverse

360pages

Personally I enjoyed BT3 more then Budokai 3, felt more like DBZ. B3 was just kind of a fighting game with a DBZ skin.

A good DBZ game is, fun combat, decent roster, non retarded controls, and a decent story.

I enjoyed BT3 a lot as well. Most of the flaws in the system were well hidden compared to what happened in the Ragining Blast System.

360pages

I actually really liked DBZ: burst limit, I think it's the best recent one, I did like raging blast 1&2 but they weren't as good as say the ultimate ninja storm games IMO

Ultimate tenkaichi wasn't great tho, and I've yet to play battle of Z even though I have it downloaded, maybe I'll give it a shot before Xenoverse

I like Infinite World slightly more than Budokai 3 and Burst limit, mostly due to the fact that it feels pretty fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqQbq3pLclc

Xenoverse looks fun though

You sir are a fool, Diddy Kong racing was great but saying it's Rare's best game is outrageous.

You have a point. Viva Pinata was pretty damn good too.

Nah, that's kinetic sports

It is the only other pretty fun game on the Kinect not named D4.

The best part is that he loves Randy Orton too.

Keep dropping those truth bombs man

Oh geez. Someone's agreeing with me.

I gotta think of something hipster to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom