• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

What do you normally drink then?
Water, tea, some Coffee, maybe juice if there's any around, mostly I drink Coffee, though over the last few months I've been drinking way more water

Soft drink has always been kind of a novelty/treat thing you don't just drink constantly throughout the day in place of other drinks, because it's junk food, doesn't really hydrate you, it's just loaded up with sugar and crap.
It'd be like substituting meals with like a bag of chips or something.

demidar

Water, tea, some Coffee, maybe juice if there's any around, mostly I drink Coffee, though over the last few months I've been drinking way more water

Soft drink has always been kind of a novelty/treat thing you don't just drink constantly throughout the day in place of other drinks, because it's junk food, doesn't really hydrate you, it's just loaded up with sugar and crap.
It'd be like substituting meals with like a bag of chips or something.

I dropped soft drinks naturally. Most of what I drink is water, plus 1 cup of coffee in the morning and 1 cup of tea before bed.

Xiraiya

I dropped soft drinks naturally. Most of what I drink is water, plus 1 cup of coffee in the morning and 1 cup of tea before bed.

We have the slight advantage in Aus where soft drinks usually cost enough for people to drop them just to save money, in America most of that stuff is outrageously cheap for absurd amounts.

Xiraiya

I must be a terrible person, since I've had months where I had one cup of ginger ale a day. Mmmm... all that sugar.

Well something like that isn't the worst thing in the world, it's more people who drink can after can or constantly buy those huge bottles all for themselves and drink more soft drink than like anything else.

A cup a day is a pretty decent middle ground.

I still need to find my main, I got practice with Ramlethal, but I'm not really sure til I use some other characters. Some of their inputs are crazy so my choices are limited.
I just did everyones command challemnges just to see their moveset. I just lijed slayers the most, then Faust, then Zato.

Zenfalcia

Well something like that isn't the worst thing in the world, it's more people who drink can after can or constantly buy those huge bottles all for themselves and drink more soft drink than like anything else.

A cup a day is a pretty decent middle ground.

It's still not exactly good for my health.

demidar

We have the slight advantage in Aus where soft drinks usually cost enough for people to drop them just to save money, in America most of that stuff is outrageously cheap for absurd amounts.

That's true, didn't think about that. A 3L coke is about $3 so it's not an overwhelming large amount, coupled with our higher minimum wage.

I found their movelist online and just looked if the commands were doable for me, might try faust or milla next.
Well none of the commands are too hard, just quarter circles, half circles, and DPs.
none of these fucking things
latest

It really is kinda hard to eat healthy here. For me at least, cause i ain't exactly swimming in cash. It's so much easier, and way cheaper, to eat shitty food and drinks. I've tried to cut back on that shit though. Doin okay.

Beloved

That is exactly how I am, except I dont always have tea and I occasionally have a Coke Zero. But I always have my one cup of coffee and a bunch of water throughout the day.

Beloved

It really is kinda hard to eat healthy here. For me at least, cause i ain't exactly swimming in cash. It's so much easier, and way cheaper, to eat shitty food and drinks. I've tried to cut back on that shit though. Doin okay.

The fact that eating healthy is basically a luxury of the middle and high classes here in the US really annoys me.

I eat pretty damn healthy and I'm lower middle class, but there are still a lot of things that I just cant justify buying because of price. Not to mention the fact that literally the only grocery store within driving distance near me is Walmart. If I at least had a Publix or Whole Foods near me, I could get a lot of really good stuff. *sigh*

The fact that eating healthy is basically a luxury of the middle and high classes here in the US really annoys me.

I eat pretty damn healthy and I'm lower middle class, but there are still a lot of things that I just cant justify buying because of price. Not to mention the fact that literally the only grocery store within driving distance near me is Walmart. If I at least had a Publix or Whole Foods near me, I could get a lot of really good stuff. *sigh*
There is actually is a whole foods near here. That shit is expensive, holy hell.

Jojo part 6 spoilers

Quick question, where exactly is jotoro? Is he in the infirmary? Or is he still outside the fence in that puddle? Or did the speedwagon foundation grab him?

Anung

Un Rama
Having a night of beer and Blood Omen 2 at a mates tonight. Got my Gamecube packed in a bag now and loads of junk food. I'm looking forward to it as my anxiety has made me a recluse recently.

These are still available if anyone wants them

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-3362C8C65E164D4D
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast -- MB-95288BB2A243896E
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-528B7EEE5DD68AB2
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-A17B5820BF82651A

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
What the fuck, sodas from a vending machine here cost a dollar fity
$0.75 is approximately what it costs here. Are vending machines more expensive than buying at a regular store there? Because out of a vending machine it'd cost about $2

Honestly, it changes a lot based on location and region, too.

50 cents is the cheapest you'll ever find a can of coke in a vending machine. They can definitely go way up there. I don't think I've seen cans go for $2, though. Bottles maybe.

Xiraiya

Random JoJo thing from part 2

Spoilers
A show talks about Joseph Kittinger being the first man who observed the curvature of the Earth and skydived from basically the edge of the atmosphere, it reminded me greatly of Joseph at the end of Part 2 reaching the edge of the atmosphere and falling to earth, potentially cool and random reference.

Random JoJo thing from part 2

Spoilers
A show talks about Joseph Kittinger being the first man who observed the curvature of the Earth and skydived from basically the edge of the atmosphere, it reminded me greatly of Joseph at the end of Part 2 reaching the edge of the atmosphere and falling to earth, potentially cool and random reference.
Huh. Wow, if that was planned, that'd be pretty cool.

That's about a 50% difference in size.
liter bottles here are cheaper. So are cans. So are water bottles.

Converting it to $:
-33cl/11oz cans of soft drinks are between $0.60 and $0.75.
-A liter bottle of, say, coke is about $1,75
-0.5 Liter of water is about $0,70.
-1 liter bottle of water is about $1,20 (oddly enough. Just checking the site of a local supermarket)
The liter bottle a coke is still cheaper than a bottle a water though. Kinda weird if you think about it.

But we've turned this into something else.
When I think eating healthy, I don't think about eating out. I generally just make my own food or bringing a bottle of water with me.
Yeup.
Might be a tangent, but I was on a diet for about half a year last year, and when you're counting calories, restaurants are a really big expense in terms of "budget". I got into a mindset of it just not being worth my calorie budget, and completely stopped going.

America though, we generally have people who "only drink Soda".

Well none of the commands are too hard, just quarter circles, half circles, and DPs.
none of these fucking things
latest
why do you have problems with it? All you have to do is make the quarter circle motion twice in a row.
I play on a stick and can do the motion you showed fine but for whatever reason I always fuck up DQC forward motions. I can do DQC backwards fine though. I think i try to do the second QC forward too fast and usually end up with a DP. It's part of why I prefer playing as second player, I'm just more precise moving the stick to the left side than to the right side

Beloved

Yeup.
Might be a tangent, but I was on a diet for about half a year last year, and when you're counting calories, restaurants are a really big expense in terms of "budget". I got into a mindset of it just not being worth my calorie budget, and completely stopped going.

America though, we generally have people who "only drink Soda".

Yeah restaurant food is pretty ridiculous, because of all the oil, salt, butter etc that gets used not to mention portion size being over the top.

And I know a lot of people (mostly guys) who drink soft drinks almost exclusively, its insane.

I used to be reallyyyy bad about drinking Coke, I was basically addicted to that shit but luckily I kicked the habit 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom