• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously

tumblr_mb93eezrXq1rw28c4o4_500.gif

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
One thing I'm never giving up however is Steak. Fuck you body, I'm going to keep making and eating Steaks forever!

Seasoning (salt & pepper), oil, butter, thyme, bit of garlic, medium rare to rare steak. All of that is going right in there and into my mouth. I don't give a fuck.

Steak is so good.

Sometimes you just need a steak and nothing else will suffice.

After playing the MonHun demo, I'm gonna trade in MH3U and The Evil Within to get it.

The controls feel so nicer on the 3DS vs playing on a Gamepad.

Xiraiya

Now you're just being silly, everyone knows milk is just a myth!

I don't know, I'm pretty sure it's real, Beloved was asking me if Australia had any of these "Cows" years ago when we first started talking, I didn't know what she was talking about, I thought it was a folklore creature or something, but apparently they produce Milk.

...I don't think she would lie to me, I wonder if you can import a Cow.

In the Fire Emblem games only released in Japan, the formula was straightforward. If the RNG rolls a number below the Hit Percentage then the attack will hit, if it rolls a number above the Hit Percentage then it would miss. For example, if your Hit Percentage was 63% and the RNG rolls a 63 or lower, your Hit will connect, if it rolls a 64 or higher, it will be regarded as a miss. Simple

RN<HitRate = Hit
RN>HitRate = Miss

In the Fire Emblem games released outside of Japan starting from Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, the RNG generates two numbers instead of one and uses the average as the real hit value. For example, if your Hit Percentage is 63% and the RNG rolls 28 and 74, the average would be 51 and that would be considered as a Hit, while if the RNG rolls 48 and 92, the average would be 70 and is regarded as a miss. This also means the on screen Hit Percentage is somewhat lying to you as a high Hit Percentage would be even higher than what the game leads you to believe and low Hit Percentages would have an even lower rate of hitting than the number you see on screen. This is why it is uncommon for 90%+ Hit Percentages to miss. If you were to miss with a 99% Hit Percentage then the RNG would have to roll 100 and 100 for it to miss which is very unlikely but still possible. (Only ever happened to me once).

(RN1+RN2)/2 = TrueHitVal
TrueHitVal<HitRate = Hit
TrueHitVal>HitRate = Miss

That’s basically the gist of the RNG for Hit Rates for Fire Emblem games.

Beloved

I don't know, I'm pretty sure it's real, Beloved was asking me if Australia had any of these "Cows" years ago when we first started talking, I didn't know what she was talking about, I thought it was a folklore creature or something, but apparently they produce Milk.

...I don't think she would lie to me, I wonder if you can import a Cow.

>:[

Beloved

FoodGAF made me randomly wonder, what are you guys favorite condiments? (ie. ketchup, mustard, mayo, salsa, soy sauce, tartar, honey mustard, malt vinegar, bbq sauce, teriyaki sauce, etc etc.)

semisonic

Banned
I got over it when I realized it was made by the people that did Ico and SotC

Don't let Sony do this to you man :(
sKLa there is a certain number of fucking terrible opinions I am willing to tolerate.
But there is a line.
And you found it.
And took a FLYYYYING leap the fuck over it.
WHERE THE ACTUAL FUCK DO YOU GET OFF CALLING TWO OF THE GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF THE GAMING INDUSTRY IN THE PAST 15 YEAR AWFUL
skla pls stop sucking ass
pls

Nordicus

In the Fire Emblem games released outside of Japan starting from Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, the RNG generates two numbers instead of one and uses the average as the real hit value. For example, if your Hit Percentage is 63% and the RNG rolls 28 and 74, the average would be 51 and that would be considered as a Hit, while if the RNG rolls 48 and 92, the average would be 70 and is regarded as a miss. This also means the on screen Hit Percentage is somewhat lying to you as a high Hit Percentage would be even higher than what the game leads you to believe and low Hit Percentages would have an even lower rate of hitting than the number you see on screen. This is why it is uncommon for 90%+ Hit Percentages to miss. If you were to miss with a 99% Hit Percentage then the RNG would have to roll 100 and 100 for it to miss which is very unlikely but still possible. (Only ever happened to me once).
xgM3HpP.jpg

Only 50% is ever not a lie with that system

FoodGAF made me randomly wonder, what are you guys favorite condiments? (ie. ketchup, mustard, mayo, salsa, soy sauce, tartar, honey mustard, malt vinegar, bbq sauce, teriyaki sauce, etc etc.)

Ketchup, BBQ sauce and especially hot sauce are the only condiments I care for.

sKLa there is a certain number of fucking terrible opinions I am willing to tolerate.
But there is a line.
And you found it.
And took a FLYYYYING leap the fuck over it.
WHERE THE ACTUAL FUCK DO YOU GET OFF CALLING TWO OF THE GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF THE GAMING INDUSTRY IN THE PAST 15 YEAR AWFUL
skla pls stop sucking ass
pls

Did I ever say those games are awful?

What do you mean by that?

I saw youtube videos of both of them, and I don't really care for them. I'm sure they're fine games but they're totally not for me.

Depends really. As long as it makes my food taste better, anything's game. Except castup. That shit is an abomination straight from Satan's thorny asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom