• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite was good
I hate using dumb Japanese names, but jeez the English name is terrible.

I'll have to get some more recommendations off Zenfalcia. The last one isn't gelling well with me. Maybe I'm just not in the mood for comedy currently.

Skrams

Maybe i do. But i remembered most of ff6 before i replayed it. That's what i think is really weird.

That's what it was! I beat him with a counter! So damn lame.

Yeah, Kyle Bosman told this story on a Final Bosman some time ago. I have to imagine a few people did this.

The JENOVA music track is the most memorable thing about the game to me. It just hits you in the face and it's unlike any other tracks in the game prior.

As long as we're talking about FF7 music, I fucking love Bombing Run/Bombing Mission/Intro/whatever it's called officially. The sound of the train pulling in plus the beat in the background that I interpret as train steam makes it soooo gooooood. It's also just nostalgic as fuck to me.

All the PSX FF have a few really good tracks. I think 8's best is Man with the Machine Gun (just gets you fucking pumped), and 9's overworld theme is very nostalgic-sounding.
I don't really remember much of the music from 8. And most of the music from 9 i can think of is pretty damn good.

All the PSX FF have a few really good tracks. I think 8's best is Man with the Machine Gun (just gets you fucking pumped), and 9's overworld theme is very nostalgic-sounding.

YOU! I like you!

Phil-Thumbs-Up.gif

I wish Square would give us FF8-2. Even if it's a 3DS only game. Just give me more Laguna.

Yeah, i vaguely remember that being a bitch to fight. Could be i was super shitty at the game at the time.

Tell your shitty old self to git gud.

Yeah, Man with the Machine Gun!
One of the few good things to come from 8.
Edit: Oh man it's even better than I remember!

Remixes of FF8 are awesome. The Dissidia arrangement of Force Your Way and the orchestral arrangement of Man with the Machine Gun are great, and possibly even better than the originals

Top of the page bonus link! NSFW

The older I've gotten, the more I enjoy what it's story was trying to do(with the poor localization).

It's still ambitious as fuck.
I can really appreciate what it tried to do. And unlike the newer games in the series, it has an underlying theme: a love story. Not a great one imo, but it's still there. I should probably give it another shot after i beat 7 in.

I can really appreciate what it tried to do. And unlike the newer games in the series, it has an underlying theme: a love story. Not a great one imo, but it's still there. I should probably give it another shot after i beat 7 in.

Just a reminder.

It HAS:

b5680cea63138c4f1f93aab3e56eb8e6.gif

And the most broken battle system a game has ever seen.

beinfilms

But learning is fun!

Not when it's a gen ed I've know about since I was a small child. (Like, say, Greek mythology. I learned everything I need to know from the Percy Jackson books, and the reading of the original stories that they inspired.)

EDIT: That said, we're currently watching the Oracle scene from The Matrix (our discussion of the Oracle of Delphi), so that's pretty cool.

Archgan, Calculus is either broken into ABC or 1-2. Same content between them, but different stopping points. I'm just not great at math.
I'm new to MH, but want to let me in on what the farm is? I'm skimming, but is it a place I can drop off materials and have them multiply over time? Maybe I just need to play more before the game introduces it to me.
It's the wycoon in this game. You can unlock him after a couple star ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom