• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that bad, just keep at it. You need that love gem.
no, but you smell tho.

I can get through the beginning and end pretty easily without fucking up, it's one particular part that completely screws me over. If you manage to get through the beginning perfectly, the part I'm having trouble is around the 219 combo mark.

Skrams

Not sure if anyone posted it yet, but Rise's P4 DAN trailer is out. Pepsiman translated it.

Saw the regular trailer, but didn't know Pepsiman already translated it. That was quick work even if it was only a few lines.

I said this on the reddit, but I couldn't remember the sound of Rise's Japanese voice before this trailer. I initially sort of hated it since it was high pitched, but kind of got over it once I found out she also voices Kagura from Gintama and Taiga from Toradora. It's a little bit higher pitched than those characters, but I'll get over it. Still have my $100 preorder down at amiami for that special edition. Also Rise switching costumes in a song better be a real thing and not just trailer magic. It reminded me of Luka Luka Night Fever.

I also remember reading somewhere that they want to put a lot of alt costumes in DAN I think? It's just Miku so it makes sense.

Saw the regular trailer, but didn't know Pepsiman already translated it. That was quick work even if it was only a few lines.

I said this on the reddit, but I couldn't remember the sound of Rise's Japanese voice before this trailer. I initially sort of hated it since it was high pitched, but kind of got over it once I found out she also voices Kagura from Gintama and Taiga from Toradora. It's a little bit higher pitched than those characters, but I'll get over it. Still have my $100 preorder down at amiami for that special edition. Also Rise switching costumes in a song better be a real thing and not just trailer magic. It reminded me of Luka Luka Night Fever.

I also remember reading somewhere that they want to put a lot of alt costumes in DAN I think? It's just Miku so it makes sense.

It's all about Rie Kugimiya

I was also not a big fan of Rise's voice Japanese VA when I first heard her, but it grew on me. Teddie's still awful, though. Also, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't show off different outfits if the game didn't have them.

Skrams

It's all about Rie Kugimiya

ShakuganSan
(Today, 10:51 AM)

At least MAL tells me she voiced someone in that one anime you love. Also yeah, she's pretty good since Taiga da best.

I was also not a big fan of Rise's voice Japanese VA when I first heard her, but it grew on me. Teddie's still awful, though. Also, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't show off different outfits if the game didn't have them.

I know the game will have them. I just don't know if it'll be like it is in the trailer where the costumes switch during the song itself.

Huh. Okay, I'll keep that in mind. That's still not okay though.

It makes the game kind of manageable and piss easy once you get Card Mod and Mid Mag Refine and Item Refine and all of the great stuff for converting items into magic.

Drawing becomes so useless afterwards.

It's not like the game is difficult even with the scaling. Just git gud at Junctioning

Eh. The game can be difficult at certain bosses. Like fucking NORG or that Shagohod thing in Disc2.

Gamer Y

Not when it's a gen ed I've know about since I was a small child. (Like, say, Greek mythology. I learned everything I need to know from the Percy Jackson books, and the reading of the original stories that they inspired.)

EDIT: That said, we're currently watching the Oracle scene from The Matrix (our discussion of the Oracle of Delphi), so that's pretty cool.
Gen ed? strange name, but greek mythology is great.

Tried Maya and TJ Combo but I'm a long way from knowing what to do with them.
What about you? How much time have you spent on KI?
enough to get a feel for most of the characters, I can play Omen, Sadira, Orchid, and Riptor better than the rest. Excited for Aganos?

ShakuganSan
(Today, 10:51 AM)

At least MAL tells me she voiced someone in that one anime you love. Also yeah, she's pretty good since Taiga da best.

I know the game will have them. I just don't know if it'll be like it is in the trailer where the costumes switch during the song itself.

It's not just Shana, I like Rie Kugimiya's voice in a lot of things

Ants

That Guy Cihi news is fucking radical! He's been doing a lot of shit lately. I wonder if it's promotional or if he just suddenly took an interest in the SH2 community for some reason.

Xiraiya

8 isn't as bad as Youtubers like Spoony make it out to be.
Spoony loved 8, he bashed the crap out of it like every game, but he still loved it, he talks about it in most other reviews and wears FF8 shirts.

And no, it's not that bad, most people either only remember playing it as a kid/young teen or just went into it in that "Pat/Matt Kenny mode" where they're so intent on bashing this one thing that they get carried away start not paying attention to anything else and act like drama queens.

Most of the gripes with 8 are fairly legit, the story has some flaws because time shenanigans, and the localization with Squall was pretty lazy at times especially with the "Whatever" stuff as he's always saying something different.
I've already gone into why I appreciate Squall as a character and Beloved has already written up about why it's so weird Squall has these reputations among players that are the opposite of what he's actually like.

I love that broken game, from junctioning to refining, drawing sucks but it's a moot issue in this day and age, play more TT or just use Magic Boost.

Okingjrr

enough to get a feel for most of the characters, I can play Omen, Sadira, Orchid, and Riptor better than the rest. Excited for Aganos?
WHO?! jk, I'm interested in seeing what he brings to the table. I like that the characters play differently from each other.
The only info I get on upcoming KI characters is when Matt and Woolie talk about them on the podcast. I'm terrible at being informed.

Oberon

Banned
Your old name had alot more utility though.
You do something nice? Call you freindwil.
You had a birthday? Call you oldwil.
Act an asshole? Call you douchewil.
Can't do that anymore. Why would you take that from us?

Goodwil changed his name? Why?
RIP Goodwil
I might also change my name in the near future
Nothing major, I'll call myself Shin Oberon or something, but I have to awaken my true power first
whatever that means

Gamer Y

WHO?! jk, I'm interested in seeing what he brings to the table. I like that the characters play differently from each other.
The only info I get on upcoming KI characters is when Matt and Woolie talk about them on the podcast. I'm terrible at being informed.
Yeah, it's pretty great to have that kind of variety in a fighter. Max does a lot info drops on KI, him and the ultra combo forums is where I get my info.

Xiraiya

Goodwil changed his name? Why?
RIP Goodwil
I might also change my name in the near future
Nothing major, I'll call myself Shin Oberon or something, but I have to awaken my true power first
whatever that means

I enjoy my username, but on Youtube and Tumblr etc. I use
Caffeinated King
, which I was planning to change to on GAF eventually.

Archgan

That Guy Cihi news is fucking radical! He's been doing a lot of shit lately. I wonder if it's promotional or if he just suddenly took an interest in the SH2 community for some reason.
I'm pretty sure he mentioned in a post that he was voice acting in an upcoming game. Don't remember the name of it, though.

beinfilms

General education requirements, so that people aren't just taking classes directly related to their majors, and get a more rounded education. Or that's the theory, anyway. It just ends up being extra classes to get out of the way to graduate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom