• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer Y

General education requirements, so that people aren't just taking classes directly related to their majors, and get a more rounded education. Or that's the theory, anyway. It just ends up being extra classes to get out of the way to graduate.
That doesn't make sense, this is college right, you have to pay and take classes regardless and unrelated of your major to graduate?

Okingjrr

Not alot, waiting for Beloved to get home and enjoying some Coffee, probably going to play some Borderlands Pre-sequel later.

Pre-sequel is really damn solid for a Borderlands game so far.
Oh really? I got burnt out with the second game.

Yeah, it's pretty great to have that kind of variety in a fighter. Max does a lot info drops on KI, him and the ultra combo forums is where I get my info.
Thanks, I'll take a look at his videos and maybe brush up on my skills.

360pages

Generation 4 is the worst by far, HG/SS are great but Generation 4 to me is mostly Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, which are really not great.

I dislike Gen 3 more, but I agree. That HG/SS were the best game of the gen, mostly because of a lot of stupid hopes they made you go through in DP/Pt.

Gen 4 in general is super good. That's when pokemon actually got good.

Anything after Gen 3 is basically non-existent to me.

Only ones I really know are Lucario and Greninja, because Smash.

There's an inch of snow outside and for Texans that is a deathwish. My roommate said people were already raiding walmart last night

It'll normally take a couple feet to stop anyone in the NE from going to work.

beinfilms

That doesn't make sense, this is college right, you have to pay and take classes regardless and unrelated of your major to graduate?

Yep. For example, I'm a physics and astronomy double major (which is already a lot of work), and this semester, I'm taking calculus and astronomy for my majors, and Greek/Roman mythology and communication for gen eds.

Neol

There can be some Gen Ed classes that can be interesting to take part of but most of the time there just easy classes that act as GPA boosters/bullshit classes.

That's why some people just go to Community College first then transfer so they save a good amount of money and get Gen Ed's out of the way.

Anything after Gen 3 is basically non-existant to me.

Only ones I really know are Lucario and Greninja, because Smash.
3's my favorite gen over all. It's so good, and i love hoenn and my favorite pokemon ever came from gen 3. On the gba though, it was kinda broken since the physical/special split hadn't happened yet so pokes like absol were next to useless.

Gen 4 had finally given us the Special/Physical split we desired, but in the process, the power creep has finally caught up to the Metagame.

Now GameFreak is in "Fuck it" mode, introducing bullshit like Mega Rayquaza, and the Primals, so whatever.

3's my favorite gen over all. It's so good, and i love hoenn and my favorite pokemon ever came from gen 3. On the gba though, it was kinda broken since the physical/special split hadn't happened yet so pokes like absol were next to useless.

Can I catch a Mewtwo or Mew in SS?

I don't remember much about the older Gen 2 games.

Village

Gen 4 in general is super good. That's when pokemon actually got good.

I have no idea about that,but I do like it. Gen 5 is my favorite though.

New york, and the pokemon champion is a 10 year old black girl. She accomplished more in her life than most of the people you thought were badassed pokemon trainers.

Gen 4 created lucario, my favorite mon.

Okingjrr

There's an inch of snow outside and for Texans that is a deathwish. My roommate said people were already raiding walmart last night

The end is near! Save yourself, friender!
Wait, what are they raiding walmart for? Supplies for the few hours the snow will take to thaw?

Xiraiya

The only issue I have really is fucking Luxray should be Dark/Electric, you cannot make a physical attacker like him with half Dark moves and make him only Electric, that's stupid.

The end is near! Save yourself, friender!
Wait, what are they raiding walmart for? Supplies for the few hours the snow will take to thaw?

Yeah basically at the risk of getting another fucking disaster that was last years ice fuckup people are freaking their shit. Last year basically is snowed, melted, refroze. Like three times and every place outside was a slippery nightmare for a good week

360pages

Gen 4 had finally given us the Special/Physical split we desired, but in the process, the power creep has finally caught up to the Metagame.

Now GameFreak is in "Fuck it" mode, introducing bullshit like Mega Rayquaza, and the Primals, so whatever.

I think it was necessary, because how typing and stuff worked made no sense before. On the other hand I can see the balance.

Gen 4 is really when the creep happened. Mostly because the fact that some older pokemon flat out got out classed by newer ones without a way of fixing it before Gen 6.

Village

The only issue I have really is fucking Luxray should be Dark/Electric, you cannot make a physical attacker like him with half Dark moves and make him only Electric, that's stupid.

The Shadow the hedgehog pokemon number 2 does not conform to your ... logic.

In almost every hack ever he's dark/electric. And yeah, that's really stupid. He looks like a dark type.

Xiraiya

In almost every hack ever he's dark/electric. And yeah, that's really stupid. He looks like a dark type.
He does, he looks like a Dark Type and he mainly only gets Dark Moves for awhile before any worthwhile electric moves.

I actually assumed he was Dark for like 1/4 of Platinum and then decided to double check and was surprised when he wasn't, I thought I must have imagined it as I was so sure he was Dark.

He does, he looks like a Dark Type and he mainly only gets Dark Moves for awhile before any worthwhile electric moves.

I actually assumed he was Dark for like 1/4 of Platinum and then decided to double check and was surprised when he wasn't, I thought I must have imagined it as I was so sure he was Dark.
It's a shame too. All those dark moves. Give him stab on those, he'd be a serious threat.

I think it was necessary, because how typing and stuff worked made no sense before. On the other hand I can see the balance.

Gen 4 is really when the creep happened. Mostly because the fact that some older pokemon flat out got out classed by newer ones without a way of fixing it before Gen 6.

The split help more Pokemon (Gyarados, Absol, Gengar) than it ruined (Sceptile). The power creep was absurd in Gen 4 though.

Did every fucking dragon under the sun really need Outrage (Which got an absurd mid Gen buff in Platinum, breaking Garchomp and Salamence in the process.) Did everything really need taunt? Stealth Rocks? Weather inducing?

Doesn't hurt that the moves they introduced, like Stone Edge, Close Combat, were low drawback, high damage moves, and they were everywhere.
It's a shame too. All those dark moves. Give him stab on those, he'd be a serious threat.
Luxray is still a slow, frail Pokemon, and Dark ain't the greatest STAB now, especially with all the Fairies running about.

The split help more Pokemon (Gyarados, Absol, Gengar) than it ruined (Sceptile). The power creep was absurd in Gen 4 though.

Did every fucking dragon under the sun really need Outrage (Which got an absurd mid Gen buff in Platinum, breaking Garchomp and Salamence in the process.) Did everything really need taunt? Stealth Rocks? Weather inducing?

Doesn't hurt that the moves they introduced, like Stone Edge, Close Combat, were low drawback, high damage moves, and they were everywhere.
Stone edge? Low drawback? What? That shit never hits! And CC is a bit of risk cause it lowers both defences. Your other points are spot on though.

Beloved

Looks like its supposed to snow here Wednesday, I sure hope so because even the threat of a little snow will mean school's cancelled.

How's Gaf today?

Stone edge? Low drawback? What? That shit never hits! And CC is a bit of risk cause it lowers both defences. Your other points are spot on though.
Stone Edge's only drawback is the lower accuracy, which is still at 80. Close Combat's "drawback" is null, especially when you have a Life Orb, or Choice Band equipped. Most users are frail anyway.

360pages

Luxray is still a slow, frail Pokemon, and Dark ain't the greatest STAB now, especially with all the Fairies running about.

Stone-miss.

Well, I think that was a problem since Gen 1 of pokemon. If you noticed, Gen 1 pokes have amazing movesets, even when they don't make sense sometimes. Gen 5 and 6 pokemon are super lacking in that department.

Gen 4 also brought the need, for every Special attack there had to be a physical version of that attack with the same power and element.

mike0dude

Theres 2 school of thought on this, those who put the butter on the crumb of the bread or the godless sons of whores that put it on the crust.

Stone Edge's only drawback is the lower accuracy, which is still at 80. Close Combat's "drawback" is null, especially when you have a Life Orb, or Choice Band equipped. Most users are frail anyway.
It may say 80, but i swear it's 40 or something. Cause it never hits for me. It's cause of that i run rock slide over it. And yeah, if you take out the other first, the defense drops don't matter much. Still, for a longer battle, it's not a great idea. I prefer to run drain punch or something else over CC.

Theres 2 school of thought on this, those who put the butter on the crumb of the bread or the godless sons of whores that put it on the crust.

Excuse me??? I've never heard of people putting butter on the crust.
I thought the only debate was if you put the butter on before or after you toasted the bread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom