• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloved

You can pay just $1 for a Humble Bundle, if there is even one game you want its worth getting the bundle even if you give all the rest away, which is really easy to do.

I hate the idea of my library being full of a ton of random ass games I'll never play, so that's the best way to deal with the "extras" as far as I'm concerned.

Man me and two other Dual Blade users hunted that Tetsucabra by the skin of our teeth. That was too damn intense, especially cuz I ran out of potions and was 1 hit from the last KO.

God damn this game is good.
Yeahhhh
You can pay just $1 for a Humble Bundle, if there is even one game you want its worth getting the bundle even if you give all the rest away, which is really easy to do.

I hate the idea of my library being full of a ton of random ass games I'll never play, so that's the best way to deal with the "extras" as far as I'm concerned.
No but my steam game collector stat
I shamefully actually care about that.

Emouse

I plan to. I just wanted to know which one I should go for first. Looks like Blood Dragon's the way to go.

I only play shooters on PC.

Fair enough, blood dragon is the shortest of the lot too so there's that, shadow warrior was surprisingly long

I can't wait for the golem!

Oh man those are all good choices.

Yeah yeah he looks awesome, it's going to be weird having a character so large on the roster

Alright, regarding my future, i'm currently trying to decide wether to be a stock broker or trader. I'm torn between the two. To anyone who knows the difference, what would you do?

Gotta get those badges and level up as a gamer.

Real Talk:
I wish Trophies/achievements/badges/etc. didn't exist.

They feed into that whole addiction/gamification mentality of forcing consumers to buy games for little to no value but just solely to pad the gamerscore/trophy collection.

JoJo94

Alright, regarding my future, i'm currently trying to decide wether to be a stock broker or trader. I'm torn between the two. To anyone who knows the difference, what would you do?

Be a stockbroker so you can live your life like Wolf of Wall Street...
I don't know the difference sorry I can't be of help

Real Talk:

They feed into that whole addiction/gamification mentality of forcing consumers to buy games for little to no value but just solely to pad the gamerscore/trophy collection.

I wish you could actually get something for them

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Real Talk:

I think they're perfectly fine, and a nice way to track your gaming history via an online accessible "scrapbook". I do, however, think there should always be an option to either turn them off or turn off notifications.

I do generally check out the remainder of games, so for me, some of these bundles also encouraged more exploratory behavior in the past. I did come across a game or two that I ended up enjoying and completing this way, despite not ever having heard of it before.
Most of the "Games I'll never play" are actually ones I tried out for 20 minutes or however long.

Finding SpaceChem to be the best puzzle game ever made and playing Bastion is probably most notable.

Zenfalcia

My gamerscore and PSN level r so high u don't even kno
Git on my level bro.
Real Talk:

It's not forcing people to do it or care about it. It's just some incentive.

JoJo94

It's not exactly a financially crippling purchase, so I generally don't mind getting a game I actually want to play for a relatively cheap price, accompanied by games I'm indifferent about for free. More often than not, the BTA price for the bundle was either slightly or significantly lower than the price on the Steam Store or wherever, so I consider the rest of the bundle a given.

I do generally check out the remainder of games, so for me, some of these bundles also encouraged more exploratory behavior in the past. I did come across a game or two that I ended up enjoying and completing this way, despite not ever having heard of it before.

Absolutely. Problem is, the quality of some of the amiibos, such as Sheik, are just godawful in general and no inspections are going to fix that.

Yeah, again I have to remind myself they are cheap figures so I don't expect too much quality. But the "realistic" characters have the most problems no matter what and unfortunately they are probably the ones I want the most.

JoJo94

After thinking about the two some more, that's what i'm going to do.

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Dancing-The-Wolf-of-Wall-Street.gif

Ants

What is the reference Liam is making when he says "Sasuga(?) Exor" in the most recent SMRPG ep, right after they find out Exor is invincible until you remove his shielding?

Real Talk:

Dude, I totally agree. I spent like 5 bucks buying and selling trading cards on steam just to increase my steam level.

I don't really care for achievements unless its a game I really enjoy playing.

After thinking about the two some more, that's what i'm going to do.

B.B.A. in Finance here.

If you wish to be in the offices of the SEC, FBI, and eventually in prison, do what Jordan Belfort did.

Having said that, have you ever sold anything before? Have you ever worked a commission sales job?

Because it's a rough job to just go from college into trying to sell securities if you never sold anything before.

B.B.A. in Finance here.

If you wish to be in the offices of the SEC, FBI, and eventually in prison, do what Jordan Belfort did.

Having said that, have you ever sold anything before? Have you ever worked a commission sales job?
I didn't mean do what Belfort did, just that I want to try to be a stockbroker. I've sold things to people before, and I was rather good at it, but never at a professional level. I still have quite a few years left of schooling, so I have time to gather experience and work on improving what I need to.

Emouse

I thik KI Jago may be my favourite shoto in any fighting game, purely because he looks way cooler than any of the others I can think of, I genreally do really like shotos tho, maybe because they're the first I pick up to learn a game? who knows

I also recently think I've improved at fightmans when I never thought I would, I mean I'm not super great but most of the time I can do stuff? I don't think I did too badly at some of the Xrd we played last week and whatever, so uh yeah?

wow I'm bad at words

I didn't mean do what Belfort did, just that I want to try to be a stockbroker. I've sold things to people before, and I was rather good at it, but never at a professional level. I still have quite a few years left of schooling, so I have time to gather experience and work on improving what I need to.

Then continue working in sales jobs, especially ones that force you into commission only.

Learn how to sell. Stockbroker is a fancy salesman job.

Trading is much harder to break into and that requires a prestigious degree that involves some form of stats. Normally good traders are huge nerds and come from crazy mathematics/STEM backgrounds.

Okingjrr

I thik KI Jago may be my favourite shoto in any fighting game, purely because he looks way cooler than any of the others I can think of, I genreally do really like shotos tho, maybe because they're the first I pick up to learn a game? who knows

I also recently think I've improved at fightmans when I never thought I would, I mean I'm not super great but most of the time I can do stuff? I don't think I did too badly at some of the Xrd we played last week and whatever, so uh yeah?

wow I'm bad at words

You can do the training thing at the fitegames!
Don't worry, you're not alone in the not being able to use words good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom