• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman014

I'm digging the slow pace of the thread.
I know who I got my money on.

tumblr_msqnpeIWU61s0teago1_400.gif
No way it's all about Paige!
wwekiss.0.gif

Tho she is a bit crazy with AJ.
Aww but I find crabs cute !

It's not the fact that the octopus viciously attacks it with lightning fast reflexes but just...the way it moves..it looks sped up and something out of jacob's ladder

Poor crab.

I liked Jacob's Ladder. I might rewatch it later.

Alfredo

With the way Liam and Pat have been playing through Super Mario RPG, I'm almost convinced that they have a grudge against the game. Like, they want to prove that the game is so easy that you can just fumble around and ignore everything and still beat it.

Everything about this LP seems like a troll. I mean, Liam using Geno Whirl on every part of Exor except Exor himself? He HAS to know, right?

With the way Liam and Pat have been playing through Super Mario RPG, I'm almost convinced that they have a grudge against the game. Like, they want to prove that the game is so easy that you can just fumble around and ignore everything and still beat it.

Everything about this LP seems like a troll. I mean, Liam using Geno Whirl on every part of Exor except Exor himself? He HAS to know, right?
People seem to really be going nuts, it's just a double blind playthrough yo.

beinfilms

As someone who's never played it, nothing they've done (except specifically going for the lazy shells) has seemed unreasonable.

Ants

I think people sometimes forget what it was like to play through a game for the first time, and they're clearly only resorting to GameFAQs for stuff that would adversely affect the video if they missed it, like spending too long on certain sections or consistently halving their damage by failing action commands, or missing the "ultimate" weapon/armor. They also seem to do a huge amount of the game in single stretches, so they wouldn't have many opportunities to do any research on the game.

I think people sometimes forget what it was like to play through a game for the first time, and they're clearly only resorting to GameFAQs for stuff that would adversely affect the video if they missed it, like spending too long on certain sections or consistently halving their damage by failing action commands, or missing the "ultimate" weapon/armor. They also seem to do a huge amount of the game in single stretches, so they wouldn't have many opportunities to do any research on the game.
Some people really hate double blind playthroughs, and it's been seemingly more vocal recently, especially with Evil Within. SBF always record in huge stretches to some degree so any feedback takes at least a week to catch up.

Anyone played Tales of Hearts R? I don't know whether I should get it on the Vita or not during the sale. I've never played any Tales games before, either.

Some people really hate double blind playthroughs, and it's been seemingly more vocal recently, especially with Evil Within. SBF always record in huge stretches to some degree so any feedback takes at least a week to catch up.

To be fair, a lot of people that played the game used a walk through at some point in SMRPG, considering how easy it is to miss something.

Double Blind LPs are only frustrating when it's like TWD S2.

Just watch the LP's of games you're interested in and ignore the ones you don't. Who cares a crap if it's blind or what. As long as they don't feign interest that's all that matters.

Ants

All this being said, I will say I massively prefer the "one informed, one uninformed" style of LP. They did a lot of that early on and have been doing less as time goes on, and also they more frequently play newer games, so there's less opportunity to learn all the ins and outs (Dark Souls 2), leading to errors.

I think it also stands out because part of why I at least greatly enjoy the content is that the gang is really informed about video games in general, and they drop knowledge bombs throughout. So when they're wrong about something, it seems extra significant since it's fairly rare compared to a lot of other prominent channels.

Just watch the LP's of games you're interested in and ignore the ones you don't. Who cares a crap if it's blind or what. As long as they don't feign interest that's all that matters.

No u

I don't mind it too much. It's always nice to see first reactions to video game narratives. Imagine someone going thru FF7 for the very first time.

No u

I don't mind it too much. It's always nice to see first reactions to video game narratives. Imagine someone going thru FF7 for the very first time.

Hence why I say as long as they don't feign interest. I absolutely love seeing someones reactions to something I love for the first time.

All this being said, I will say I massively prefer the "one informed, one uninformed" style of LP. They did a lot of that early on and have been doing less as time goes on, and also they more frequently play newer games, so there's less opportunity to learn all the ins and outs (Dark Souls 2), leading to errors.

I think it also stands out because part of why I at least greatly enjoy the content is that the gang is really informed about video games in general, and they drop knowledge bombs throughout. So when they're wrong about something, it seems extra significant since it's fairly rare compared to a lot of other prominent channels.

Silent Hill 2 vs SMRPG has such a gap in quality, it's like two different channels

beinfilms

So much Dewrito hate in this thread ;_; *pours can in to maw*

My darkest moment was when I taught myself to like both for Halo 4 double XP (back before it came out, and I thought it was going to be like Reach and 3 in quality). I've broken the Dorito habit, but I still can't not drink Mountain Dew...

Plenty of people care. Look at the huge number of people who get mad over it.

Those are generally my favorites for the same reason. They're putting out way more content in general now, so I personally don't mind the variety, but I can see why people can't enjoy some playthroughs.

I always find their errors to be the same kind I'd expect from the average person.

My darkest moment was when I taught myself to like both for Halo 4 double XP (back before it came out, and I thought it was going to be like Reach and 3 in quality). I've broken the Dorito habit, but I still can't not drink Mountain Dew...

I can't get enough of Doritos...

The Keighley cult has sank it's claws into me.

I personally don't care that they are playing it double blind and know little about the game, I just think focusing completely on spamming basic attacks not only means missing out on a lot of the fun of the game, but also make combat an even bigger bore then it needs to be... I mean, they haven't even looked at mario's ultra skills, half of peach's skills and i think at least one of geno's. I'm not looking forward to the rest of the video's being 'mash lazy shell and fuck up the timing on geno's attacks 90% of the time'.

As much as they may be fucking up in parasite eve... it doesn't really bother me that much since they aren't going out of there way to ignore an entire portion of the game mechanics.

I personally don't care that they are playing it double blind and know little about the game, I just think focusing completely on spamming basic attacks not only means missing out on a lot of the fun of the game, but also make combat an even bigger bore then it needs to be... I mean, they haven't even looked at mario's ultra skills, half of peach's skills and i think at least one of geno's. I'm not looking forward to the rest of the video's being 'mash lazy shell and fuck up the timing on geno's attacks 90% of the time'.

As much as they may be fucking up in parasite eve... it doesn't really bother me that much since they aren't going out of there way to ignore an entire portion of the game mechanics.
I've never played SMRPG, but they're definitely doing what I would do, not using anything but the basic attack is my goto for RPGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom