• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tone is intentional for both.
One is silly goofball, the other is critique.

You can have silly goofball and one half of the people in the video know the game enough to make insightful commentary rather than reactionary commentary

Well when they're talking about DPS races and min-max ing characters instead of enjoying the ride, I can see why people would be a little bothered.

It's talking about min-maxing, without min-maxing that's bothersome. Liam is a bit too hasty on the controls

Honestly I barely pay attention to the screen half the time. As with most LP's I tend to treat them like podcasts.
That's a fine opinion too, but I tend to watch LPs.
Well when they're talking about DPS races and min-max ing characters instead of enjoying the ride, I can see why people would be a little bothered.
I do the same exact thing and fail just as hard if I was playing. It's about doing as well as possible as you understand how to play.

I get that people find it upsetting, but it's basically what I expect.

I personally don't care that they are playing it double blind and know little about the game, I just think focusing completely on spamming basic attacks not only means missing out on a lot of the fun of the game, but also make combat an even bigger bore then it needs to be... I mean, they haven't even looked at mario's ultra skills, half of peach's skills and i think at least one of geno's. I'm not looking forward to the rest of the video's being 'mash lazy shell and fuck up the timing on geno's attacks 90% of the time'.

As much as they may be fucking up in parasite eve... it doesn't really bother me that much since they aren't going out of there way to ignore an entire portion of the game mechanics.

It's because the game is so easy that you can just smash through normal enemies with regular attacks and make it through relatively unharmed. And the way they leveled up their characters, Geno is basically the only one who should use magic anyway (which they've been doing with him) since Mario is just a walking physical beast, and Peach is a healing wall.

I would say showing off the game is important in an LP, but let's be real here. Mario RPG doesn't have much to show off in combat. It's as basic as it gets as an action command RPG

Sounds to me like people want them to do the optimal moves for every fight and anything less than that is unacceptable.

Ridiculous.
Actually lots of people want them to try out things rather than refusing to spend FP, and others are just upset they're actively missing attack commands.
You can have silly goofball and one half of the people in the video know the game enough to make insightful commentary rather than reactionary commentary
So you don't like double blind LPs. That's fine.

Sounds to me like people want them to do the optimal moves for every fight and anything less than that is unacceptable.

Ridiculous.

No. Thats actually the funny thing. Maxing out attack and spamming it the whole game is probably the optimal strat in SMRPG, and I didn't even know that. Its just extremely boring to watch. It actually kinda reminds me of the problems people had with the nuzlocke. Which, for whatever reason, bothered me much less personally.

Actually lots of people want them to try out things rather than refusing to spend FP, and others are just upset they're actively missing attack commands.

I'm disappointed they're not trying out some skills they've gotten but it really doesn't matter because there's no point. They know it's not going to do more damage than what they're currently doing so it just pads the LP for no real reason.

You know, I'm actually really enjoying the SMRPG LP. That doesn't seem to be a popular opinion, though.

I'm enjoying it. People just need to stop being crybabies. If you stop enjoying the LP, stop watching it.

Ridiculous.

The opposite actually. I want them to fuck around with the worlds, the mini games, the flower moves, etc. They're pretty much set for end game.

Because at the rate they're playing, the only episode I feel I will enjoy immensely if their first Culex fight.

The opposite actually. I want them to fuck around with the worlds, the mini games, the flower moves, etc. They're pretty much set for end game.

Because at the rate they're playing, the only episode I feel I will enjoy immensely if their first Culex fight.

Culex isn't a fun fight to watch. It's just gonna be Peach constantly tanking and healing Mario and Geno as they take a whole episode to barely chip away at his health and win. It's entertaining for the first 5 minutes, but gets boring quick.

I've seen chuggaaconroy's LP and it was definitely the most boring part of it.

I'm disappointed they're not trying out some skills they've gotten but it really doesn't matter because there's no point. They know it's not going to do more damage than what they're currently doing so it just pads the LP for no real reason.

I'm enjoying it. People just need to stop being crybabies. If you stop enjoying the LP, stop watching it.
What's a criticism? Can I eat it?

I don't even agree, but come on, it's a legit complaint.

Culex isn't a fun fight to watch. It's just gonna be Peach constantly tanking and healing Mario and Geno as they take a whole episode to barely chip away at his health and win. It's entertaining for the first 5 minutes, but gets boring quick.

Pretty much this. If they play the way people want them to it'll just be a bunch of crap like this where fights take longer than they should and they end up going and doing stuff that ultimately just waste time.

I don't even agree, but come on, it's a legit complaint.

Every complaint is legit in the persons own eyes.

Pretty much this. If they play the way people want them to it'll just be a bunch of crap like this where fights take longer than they should and they end up going and doing stuff that ultimately just waste time.

Actually, using multi target spells would make most fights shorter.

Jman014

Dang, thoose WWF Diva gifs. I need to get back into the wrestling.
Yes u do!
No you don't!
giphy.gif

i dont think shes very attractive...

It's fine.

Every complaint is legit in the persons own eyes.

I could honestly care less how they play or even what they play. I just like hearing the best friends talk about playing video games. I subscribe for the personalities, not them showing off cool things in games I've probably already seen.

Matt's NMH1 LP is the obvious exception since he tested the game and shared cool things very few people knew about.

Lol ok. Anyway, I get being tired of it, but really, just let people do what they want.

I don't care if people voice their opinions. I just don't care to see the exact same complaint every 3-4 weeks. We get it.

I could honestly care less how they play or even what they play. I just like hearing the best friends talk about playing video games. I subscribe for the personalities, not them showing off cool things in games I've probably already seen.

Matt's NMH1 LP is the obvious exception since he tested the game and shared cool things very few people knew about.

Pretty much this.

In some fights sure, but this also calls back to what I was saying about people wanting them to do the optimal things in each encounter.
Using aoe attacks sometimes does not equal doing the optimal thing all the time.
Also Pat has told Liam to do several times, but refuses to for some reason.

mike0dude

Hmmmm. Seems my old uni e-mail is getting deleted. I wonder it that'll affect this gaf account D:

The fear is real.

they started doing yearly email check to make sure it wasn't fake emails, they just send you an email on the one you linked and if you don't answer in a week they delete your account.

edit: proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom