• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether I watch the LP or use it as a podcast depends strongly on the game. If it's something I'm fond of or interested in seeing, then I'll watch (recent case would be SH2), but I'll just listen to them talk while I do something else if I'm not too interested in it (such as Parasite Eve).

I just don't have the time (or interest) anymore to spend exclusive time to all of their LPs.

Pretty much the same here. Like I loved DS2 but I didn't feel the need to actually look at what was happening during that LP unless I heard something hype, then I'd rewind a bit and check it out.

Xiraiya

I nearly always pay attention, FNF is the main one I never give a shit about and kind of resent for taking the place of other videos and generally being so long.

As a programmer/game designer, the best friends' and giant bomb's videos are the only thing keeping me sane on the nights I have to stay up till 4 to finish an assignment.

Id imagine if I actually had time for games/anime I wouldn't watch as much videos as I normally do.

mike0dude

10647004_806481079424836_8030365935128468619_n.jpg

we a franchise now!

I nearly always pay attention, FNF is the main one I never give a shit about and kind of resent for taking the place of other videos and generally being so long.

Same, I usually like FNF if it's a game that is just coming out, or is really good. (Xrd,TTT2 etc), but lately it's just been some random ass anime fighter and I haven't been a fan. I don't understand why people just let the video play in the background and listen to it.

Same, I usually like FNF if it's a game that is just coming out, or is really good. (Xrd,TTT2 etc), but lately it's just been some random ass anime fighter and I haven't been a fan. I don't understand why people just let the video play in the background and listen to it.

What's so hard to understand about it?

I do this as well. The only ones I really sit and watch are the one-offs like Distance last night. The longer LPs I mostly listen to while playing games.

YO DISTANCE WAS SO HYPE WHAT THE FUCK THAT GAME.

10647004_806481079424836_8030365935128468619_n.jpg

we a franchise now!

Good man.

The length is fine if the game is worth it when all 4 of them are playing at once, but when it's 1v1 matches 30 minutes is fine.

That's what I usually do for FNF that I don't want to really watch. I just have it on while I do something just for some support. I hope they keep them.

I assume it's because it's pointless to listen to a video about a fighting game and not watch it as well to learn about the systems and characters and tech.

It loses the impact of the video.

If it's a fighting game I'm interested in learning like Ultimax or Xrd I'll pay attention, but if it's something like LOVE MAX then I'll pass and just listen.

Hell I'm catching up on Let's Plague's now and I'm not even looking at my other monitor. I've seen the game so I don't care to see it again.

YMMV.

Personally I just hate when they have no investment in what they're playing, the point of obscure FNF is to show off the old or weird fighter, that's actually what they love to do: ex: Scrublords, Fighterpedia, how they love Team Best From Now

That's what I usually do for FNF that I don't want to really watch. I just have it on while I do something just for some support. I hope they keep them.

I actually watch it, I actually enjoyed the MK:Arm FNF just because I remember buying that game with my own money when it came out, and seeing how poorly it aged and how shit it was now just made me laugh.
People obviously want to hear more of them. Maybe their podcasts aren't enough for a week or they want to save podcasts for a commute. That's what I usually do.
Eh, I disagree with it, but they're still being supported regardless so in the end it doesn't even matter.
I TRIED SO HARD AND GOT SO FARRRR

YMMV.

Personally I just hate when they have no investment in what they're playing, the point of obscure FNF is to show off the old or weird fighter, that's actually what they love to do: ex: Scrublords, Fighterpedia, how they love Team Best From Now

True, I really didn't care for the end of TEW lp just because Matt was done, some of the Rustlemania videos are the same, you can just tell they are done by like episode 25 onwards.

Oberon

Banned
I assume it's because it's pointless to listen to a video about a fighting game and not watch it as well to learn about the systems and characters and tech.

Are we watching the same videos? Go back and watch the Fist of the northstar FNF and tell me that's reason why you watch those videos.

A bit OT but not really. I am really happy to see that Prison school is rising in popularity

I actually watch it, I actually enjoyed the MK:Arm FNF just because I remember buying that game with my own money when it came out, and seeing how poorly it aged and how shit it was now just made me laugh.
I watched the full MK video because yeah I played it before too and MK is a series I've been a long time for. I usually don't ignore FNF unless it's really off putting.

It's not like they're always talking about mechanics. They talk about dumb shit too during the FNFs.

And it's not like I'm missing out when they're talking about mechanics for a game I don't give a shit about like UNIEL. I'll still watch the video though because that's what I subscribe for.

If it's a fighting game I'm interested in learning like Ultimax or Xrd I'll pay attention, but if it's something like LOVE MAX then I'll pass and just listen.

Right, but you're not the only person viewing the FNFs.

I went out and grabbed Tatsunoki v Capcom because of how much fun the game looked to play.

But to each their own.

Ilvocare

Hey people, what's going on in the new world of the Best Friends (TM) intellectual property?

Came back from work.

It's office work.

Literally nothing more interesting to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom