• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_nj08d5e3We1qhdgxl.gif
I hope you're not surprised.

Did I say that he was a bad VA? Or did I say that James' performance is stilted and wooden and sounds "bad". That latter is what I meant, and I feel dumb if I said the former, because even Guy says that James sounds wooden.

I'm pretty sure you said the latter.
I could've sworn it was something like "With all due respect but the dude's not a good voice actor". I could just be going crazy though. I'm not trying to call you out or anything though I promise, I was just curious since I remembered that part.
I'm trying really hard to think of a time when people wouldn't just come into these threads at any point and be like that.

Matt and Liam? I didn't expect this pair for some reason, it makes sense though. I had a feeling the friends were going to go this game.
So salt I'm not in there. At least awhile down I'm listed as the Green/White Ranger.

It's ok, I think I was the Johnny 5 of the Rangers

Did I say that he was a bad VA? Or did I say that James' performance is stilted and wooden and sounds "bad". That latter is what I meant, and I feel dumb if I said the former, because even Guy says that James sounds wooden.
I think I remember you saying the latter, but it coming across as the former, though my memory is a little hazy.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm pretty sure Pat said he sounds like a bad VA but it seems like it was the point.

I think he said it was stilted but that was the point for it to convey that something is wrong with each of the characters.

It's always bothered me when people say they are bad. They are unorthodox but that helps that atmospehere. David Lynch films have some weird performances and stilted dialogue but all in the name of setting up a mood and atmosphere.

I think he said it was stilted but that was the point for it to convey that something is wrong with each of the characters.

It's always bothered me when people say they are bad. They are unorthodox but that helps that atmospehere. David Lynch films have some weird performances and stilted dialogue but all in the name of setting up a mood and atmosphere.

I've got rock solid final confirmation that I was right because in talking about the session, Guy described being frustrated that he had to do wooden and stilted James while the actress doing Mary and Maria could do all sorts of crazy shit.

Heather is my favorite classic SH VA, just because the reactions are so real since her recorded lines were some of her actual reactions to seeing the stuff in game.

I've got rock solid final confirmation that I was right because in talking about the session, Guy described being frustrated that he had to do wooden and stilted James while the actress doing Mary and Maria could do all sorts of crazy shit.
That's awesome. I wonder if he's frustrated he's remembered for a role that was so limited.

Neol

You could do what I do, and watch a little and then hold off on watching any more until you beat the game yourself.

You can watch the LP for the first episode until you actually decide. It's going to be like a Telltale series

Usually with story based games I like to go in fresh with no extensive knowledge even if it is just one episode. Ehh I think I can hold off, gotta catch up with there other LP's anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom