• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely unproven huh. Well, I'll give em the benefit of the doubt for now. Not particularly interested though.

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, they were able to get the Executive producer for Gears 1-3 and I want to support a local dev team but we literally know nothing beside that it is being made.

I was talking about Ippo specifically. They only have New Challenger, if I remember correctly.
Skrams was talking about Gurren... You're right though.
I don't hate it, I had fun, but less fun than I had in previous games.

For my love for the books, reach just ruined all that lore that I felt invested in. The whole game didn't seem like an "invasion" it just seemed like really small scale battles most of the time. The whole abilities thing was a neat idea, but not all of them were really that useful. The maps ranged from okay to mediocre in quality. The saddest thing is the lack of giant fights. There's a scarab and you can't even fight it.
My friends were super into the lore. I remember those complaints. I don't hate Reach's campaign, but I can agree it's down there with Halo 2 as my least favorite of the Bungie games.

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, they were able to get the Executive producer for Gears 1-3 and I want to support a local dev team but we literally know nothing beside that it is being made.
Maybe it'll be good. Who knows. There's still potential in that universe I'd reckon.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm doing some home workright now, but I should be available tomorrow to some shit. Also, have you guys started working on new sets of armor yet?

We upgraded to some Tetsu S armor, so we're not taking as much damage. I'm already missing my Gore armor, though. I want to look for the next upgrade soon.

Nordicus

Quoting from Xenoverse thread, a guy who has a review copy:
I have a VERY bad pc by today's standards and the PC version runs flawlessly.
You guys should not worry at all :D
ZWaA1Bk.gif

I guess the minimum Geforce 8800 is legit. C'mon Friday already!

Shackzam

We upgraded to some Tetsu S armor, so we're not taking as much damage. I'm already missing my Gore armor, though. I want to look for the next upgrade soon.
I think one of the key missions in the next rank is a Gore mission, but you have to unlock it by doing other missions. Also I'm waiting to get my damn bara armor back. Ian need to farm some high rank tigrex to upgrade my weapon

Skrams

CRRRRRRRAAAAAWWWWWLIIIIING IIIIIN MY SKIIIIN!

It disappoints me that this is what you took away from that. I thought it was pretty hype since it's one of the first big battles with actual shit going down.

Also sad they didn't make Guy Cihi's appearance a separate episode.

The podcast quality seems kind of bad this week. There's a buzzing and Woolie is in a bottle.

Zenfalcia

So uhh...this is what you call a shoot brother!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...5-act-yasukawa-yoshiko-incident_sport?start=4

Starts around 3:30

(Somewhat graphic)
So, that's a thing.
My friends were super into the lore. I remember those complaints. I don't hate Reach's campaign, but I can agree it's down there with Halo 2 as my least favorite of the Bungie games.
I was also super into the lore... It was not fun. I don't know what's better, halo 2 or reach. I do like the surprise when you play as the arbiter. The Covenant campaign was enjoyable at times.

WOOO~

I think one of the key missions in the next rank is a Gore mission, but you have to unlock it by doing other missions. Also I'm waiting to get my damn bara armor back. Ian need to farm some high rank tigrex to upgrade my weapon

We're gonna go for HR5 tomorrow. So we can work on High Rank Tigrex with you.

Ilvocare

There's a secret scene? What is it?

It's basically Margaret in the Velvet Room reconfirming that you're a super cool dude for having the pure strength-of-heart to be the Personam'n or something. I remember expecting more than what actually happened.

You get it by
picking the correct dialogue choices throughout Yu's story. I think it basically requires you to get either all the top choices or all the bottom ones. Basically whichever make you sound the most "Yu" of the set.

It's basically Margaret in the Velvet Room reconfirming that you're a super cool dude for having the pure strength-of-heart to be the Personam'n or something. I remember expecting more than what actually happened.

You get it by
picking the correct dialogue choices throughout Yu's story. I think it basically requires you to get either all the top choices or all the bottom ones. Basically whichever make you sound the most "Yu" of the set.
Oh. That's kinda a lame secret thing.

Skrams

Im not saying it wasnt hype, it was pretty cool, but it was still really edgy.

I guess. It's edgy compared to the rest of what's gone on so far, but I didn't necessarily find it that edge. The hype kind of overshadowed it for me and I felt he had a justification for the edge at least.

I don't have a preference. You guys are free to call me whatever you wish.

Sorry to accidentally bring attention to that if you didn't want it. Also yeah, you should give Gurren a chance some time.

Reposting my edit from before, but man, I can't get over the slight buzz/white noise I hear in background of this podcast. Maybe it's in other episodes due to the mono conversion, but I don't know. Woolie also sounds like he's a little far away from the mic, so it sounds super strange and lower quality.

Also I guess Woolie forgot to talk about the cop beatdowns with Kinect last week, so he put it on the docket again.

Sorry to accidentally bring attention to that if you didn't want it. Also yeah, you should give Gurren a chance some time.

Honestly guys don't feel like you're walking on eggshells around me. I love that you guys care enough to consider it when even some of my closest friends don't but really just C\call me what you like, I really don't care. I'm not going to bitch you out like most people will.

I'll get around to it eventually.

God dammit Woolie. Killed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom