• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shackzam

Isn't that a great god damn final boss fight? I got there after 50 hours. Then you beat him and the Ace Hunters are like man you ain't shit go fight this fucking crab and you're like oh my god my asshole it's so torn.
I fucked that crab up, but everything after that was fucking me hard until I got new armor.

Zenfalcia

Motherfucker. I know you didn't just snub the true best girl.
asunasandwhich.png
tumblr_nie977cMgs1sji00bo1_500.gif

Hmm, how many people here have read it? I kinda wanna nerd out and discuss it bookclub style or podcast style, as it were.
If we're the only ones here right now, I'm thinking maybe we should save it for another time.
No idea. Probably not enough. Up to you.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Isn't that a great god damn final boss fight? I got there after 50 hours. Then you beat him and the Ace Hunters are like man you ain't shit go fight this fucking crab and you're like oh my god my asshole it's so torn.

It's a pretty damn good boss fight, yeah. Although I was kinda surprised at how long it didn't take me. Not saying it was easy or anything, far from it, but to be honest I have more trouble with Zinogre than S. Magara.

Also I got an S. Magara Plate on my first kill. 3% drop rate. Goddamn.

And, Uniel time right? Anyone one play yet? PSN is making me update, but I'm headed straight to buy it after that.
I'll play later today. I'm waiting for it to come in the mail.
Hmm, how many people here have read it? I kinda wanna nerd out and discuss it bookclub style or podcast style, as it were.
If we're the only ones here right now, I'm thinking maybe we should save it for another time.
I'm reading it so far and god damn thanks for introducing it to me. I hope I can finish it in time for that.

How did it take you 50 hours to get to S Magala?

Also this game seems like the jump from Low Rank to HR is a LOT steeper than in 3U.

beinfilms

I felt it started out a bit rough. After the excellent episode 1, the following good, but disappointing 2nd, 3rd and 4th episode kind of killed the mood. However, episode 5 picked up where episode 1 left off and I ended up fucking adoring the show.

It's one of my, if not my most favorite show of all time.

I'm starting down that path tonight (after I finally finish up the Life is Strange episode). Any advice?

I had genuinely forgotten who that was. Well either her or blacksmith girl, all of which are garbage characters. Man, fuck this first season. I hated it more than I expected to.
Apparently the second season is better. I don't plan on watching it though. I'll wait for someone to explain it to me.

Also that experience with bebop is normal. I swear it doesn't actually start till ballad of the fallen angels.

Zenfalcia

Oh, and Guy's segment does have SH2 spoilers, for anyone wondering.
Oh.. Well, that's to be expected..
Apparently the second season is better. I don't plan on watching it though. I'll wait for someone to explain it to me.

Also that experience with bebopbis normal. I swear it doesn't actually start till ballad of the fallen angels.
You really want an explanation? Instead of watching it?

Yeah, I'm staying away from MH for a while. Great game, but hunting the same monster 4 times only available through an expedition just to get two more pieces of material (with a 50% drop rate) only to get just one.

God, just fucking awful. I'll come back to it when I have more time to waste.

Yeah, I'm staying away from MH for a while. Great game, but hunting the same monster 4 times only available through an expedition just to get two more pieces of material (with a 50% drop rate) only to get just one.

Couldn't you try and get the monster as a guild quest and then just do the quest through the guild? I have no idea how guild quests work other than you get them from expeditions.

Shackzam

I'm pretty sure you'll be able hunt any monster through quests.

Couldn't you try and get the monster as a guild quest and then just do the quest through the guild? I have no idea how guild quests work other than you get them from expeditions.

No chance. They become increasingly more difficult every time you beat them. I'm barely scraping by as is.

You may not plan on watching it now but just wait for some sadistic bastard to upload it to YouTube or Vimeo. Then we will see how you truly feel.
One way or another, we are all living in the database

I think its just the fact that the hours you spent constantly hunting the same monster can be totally made void by an RNG is what's more frustrating than anything. As someone in college and with a job to pay off that college, I'd like to feel like I made some kind of process when I finally get a chance to play a game for short periods.

And Monster Hunter certainly isn't that

Skrams

Motherfucker. I know you didn't just snub the true best girl.

I did.

I had genuinely forgotten who that was. Well either her or blacksmith girl, all of which are garbage characters. Man, fuck this first season. I hated it more than I expected to.

It's probably Lisbeth, but I just said Sugu because I wanted some salt.

Eh, it's more of Arc 1 stuff where it's just boring/mediocre/bad a lot of the time. It's not Arc 2 bad, so there's not much reason to still care. I'll keep watching SAO until the end of time because I'm committed now, but yeah.

ALSO FUCK YEAH THAT GOLDEN BOY SHOUT OUT. GOLDEN BOY DUB THE BEST.

Dammit. Store updated and nothing no notta. I hope it comes on some time tonight, so I can have it ready for tomorrow for hopefully some friender games.

I'm reading it so far and god damn thanks for introducing it to me. I hope I can finish it in time for that.

Oh yeah? Goody, how far are you, and what your favorite part so far?

No idea. Probably not enough. Up to you.

Yeah let's save it for another time, like when Aaron gets back or something.
I will say right now, wow was it
darker than I expected, and I knew it was going to get dark.[cause that's just how dark comedies go]. But I really got hit off guard with all the Nietzsche 'everything is evil so it's impossible to destroy evil' stuff. Fuck...

I felt it started out a bit rough. After the excellent episode 1, the following good, but disappointing 2nd, 3rd and 4th episode kind of killed the mood. However, episode 5 picked up where episode 1 left off and I ended up fucking adoring the show.

It's one of my, if not my most favorite show of all time.

How's that ending? And more importantly, that fucking
ending line 'you're gonna carry that weight'. Fuck them for being so smug, but goddamn did they fucking call that shit.

I think its just the fact that the hours you spent constantly hunting the same monster can be totally made void by an RNG is what's more frustrating than anything. As someone in college and with a job to pay off that college, I'd like to feel like I made some kind of process when I play a game for short periods.

And Monster Hunter certainly isn't that
You can play "smart" and just keep going with progressing through new monsters, and farming something that's an easy upgrade- but yeah.

The game can be kinda demanding though, I wouldn't say that it's something you can hope to make progress that makes you "feel" accomplished if you want to farm, it can just vary on RNG.

Treating it like an MMO that I pick up on long empty periods of time when I get them is how I've worked it into my workload. No subscription yo.

Zenfalcia

Yeah let's save it for another time, like when Aaron gets back or something.
I will say right now, wow was it
darker than I expected, and I knew it was going to get dark.[cause that's just how dark comedies go]. But I really got hit off guard with all the Nietzsche 'everything is evil so it's impossible to destroy evil' stuff. Fuck...

Yeah.. It was pretty rough, i kinda expected a
good ending, but then everything started to go wrong. I wonder why they didn't make more clones during that week. Also it doesn't make sense that the girl got cloned, unless they figured out already.

You can play "smart" and just keep going with progressing through new monsters, and farming something that's an easy upgrade- but yeah.

The game can be kinda demanding though, I wouldn't say that it's something you can hope to make progress that makes you "feel" accomplished if you want to farm, it can just vary on RNG.

Treating it like an MMO that I pick up on long empty periods of time when I get them is how I've worked it into my workload. No subscription yo.

I guess that's a good way to think about it. I wish I could just trade in the massive amount of useless material I have for other materials or something so I don't have to keep hunting the same monster half a dozen times, but this is clearly a game for someone with nothing, but time to burn and that's totally fine.

I just think the idea of it being a RNG of drops and nothing be guaranteed just disgusts me. It was super disheartening to finish the hunt twice and not get just one more material and it just leaves a really bad taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom