• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that's a good way to think about it. I wish I could just trade in the massive amount of useless material I have for other materials or something so I don't have to keep hunting the same monster half a dozen times, but this is clearly a game for someone with nothing, but time to burn and that's totally fine.
You can actually trade materials at the wycoon for different equivalent materials, but it's super limited. Trading materials for money and/or hunting online speeds stuff up a toooooon
I just think the idea of it being a RNG of drops and nothing be guaranteed just disgusts me. It was super disheartening to finish the hunt twice and not get just one more material and it just leaves a really bad taste.
It's pretty MMO-y. I farmed so many Brachydioses for a 1% drop gem, but the reason I don't mind it is because I love every fight, and I love trying to do it fast as possible.

I was at the bottom of the page :/
congratulations-o.gif

Just saw a Xenoverse commercial off a best friends vid. Was that supposed to be fucking Piccolo's voice? Goddamn Saban is slipping, makes me feel less bad for skipping Kai.

Chapter 18.
The panels where he completes his own sentences using the funeral broadcast.

Akumetsu's got some real charisma, not gonna lie...
would bang...
Yeah.. It was pretty rough, i kinda expected a
good ending, but then everything started to go wrong. I wonder why they didn't make more clones during that week. Also it doesn't make sense that the girl got cloned, unless they figured out already.

See...
I don't think they really ran out of clones, it seemed to me it was always their goal to end their existence after the time limit. Keep in mind, the actual Shous were long since dead anyway, the clones were just superhumans born from their sacrifice to carry out their will. There fatalistic nature would have been hypocritical if they never stopped after all.
As for the second cloning device, it was a tiny stretch of the fiction I guess, but I found the explanation of 'scientist Shou kept at it and eventually figured it out' sufficient.

It's pretty MMO-y. I farmed so many Brachydioses for a 1% drop gem, but the reason I don't mind it is because I love every fight, and I love trying to do it fast as possible.

I guess that's where it differs for us, because where people who love the game think "just one more hunt and I'll get it" or "that's a fun fight, I really wanna do it again and I'll probably get the material" after the material they need doesn't drop, I just think "Do I really have to do this again? And even then I might not get it" and I just feel really tempted to drop it.

This aspect is also probably my least favorite part of the souls games. Just farming the same enemy for a single drop like the BSS and having to rely on a RNG is just annoying, but more tolerable in that its usually just multiple enemies that don't take 10-15 minutes to kill each.

This also isn't me criticizing the game, just more of me realizing what kind of traits it has and who it specifically caters too.

beinfilms

Reactions after my first episode of Bebop: it's definitely not Firefly (which, of course, is the greatest show of all timeĺ, but it does have a similar feel, so I think I'm going to thoroughly enjoy this!

I guess that's where it differs for us, because where people who love the game think "just one more hunt and I'll get it" or "that's a fun fight, I really wanna do it again and I'll probably get the material" after the material they need doesn't drop, I just think "Do I really have to do this again? And even then I might not get it" and I just feel really tempted to drop it.

This aspect is also probably my least favorite part of the souls games. Just farming the same enemy for a single drop like the BSS and having to rely on a RNG is just annoying, but more tolerable in that its usually just multiple enemies that don't take 10-15 minutes to kill each.
Pretty much the "I love this fight" part, I end up loving everything about it.

Now souls farming sucks ass, those fights aren't nearly as fufilling and fun to play on it's own. It's usually a simple bam bam bam, ded nothing, let's go again. Drops from MonHun monsters are granted to give you a lot of stuff in general, which , even if it's not what you're going for, you get a Buncha stuff, and breaking certain parts and stuff to get more is a consistent challenge.

There's obviously an amount of busywork feel to it, but it comes with me enjoying just playing the game as well. I can see where it'd hurt the fun for people, but if think you'd be better off just going for a different weapon (just going for a different bow). I tend to go for weapons from monsters I love fighting the most to minimize any feeling of frustration.

Reactions after my first episode of Bebop: it's definitely not Firefly (which, of course, is the greatest show of all timeĺ, but it does have a similar feel, so I think I'm going to thoroughly enjoy this!
Word of advice. The next two or three episodes will drag a bit. Just stick with it.

Skrams

Someone explain to me how the fuck I get eggs from these birds in MH4U. I'm supposed to sneak and startle them or some shit?

Also that Guy Cihi interview was way better than I thought it would be.

Edit- Then I snuck up to one, started clapping, it ran way, and then I went up and kicked it in the butt. It laid an egg somewhere in between me kicking it and it running away.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So uh.. How the heck do I unlock more quests in MH4? I've done all the two star quests and I'm getting nothing.

Do you have the "Urgent Quests" category on the quest selection screen? If not, try talking to people if there's the yellow speech icons on the town map.

EDIT: Oh right, that's the Expeditions thing. Yeah.

Zenfalcia

See...
I don't think they really ran out of clones, it seemed to me it was always their goal to end their existence after the time limit. Keep in mind, the actual Shous were long since dead anyway, the clones were just superhumans born from their sacrifice to carry out their will. There fatalistic nature would have been hypocritical if they never stopped after all.
As for the second cloning device, it was a tiny stretch of the fiction I guess, but I found the explanation of 'scientist Shou kept at it and eventually figured it out' sufficient.
They could've theoretically went for ages and not limit it. The explanation isn't unbelievable, but eh, what can you do.

I always hear the Firefly thing, but I watched Siren or Serenity or something, and it was a similar kind of thing... but I didn't like it, so it kinda killed my interest in looking it up.

*shrugs*

Also, I really don't think the next two or three eps of Bebop drag as much as people say... but I got nostalgia up the ass with that show so I'll relent.

beinfilms

I always hear the Firefly thing, but I watched Siren or Serenity or something, and it was a similar kind of thing... but I didn't like it, so it kinda killed my interest in looking it up.

*shrugs*

Also, I really don't think the next two or three eps of Bebop drag as much as people say... but I got nostalgia up the ass with that show so I'll relent.

If you only watched Serenity (the movie), I strongly recommend you give Firefly (the show) a chance. Serenity is great for what it is (a movie to tie up some of the loose ends left by the show after it was unfairly canceled with only 14 episodes), but to get everything in, they had to cut a lot of what I really love about the show: the character interaction, atmosphere, that kind of thing. It's up to you, obviously, but I'll just say that it definitely deserves it!

Big ups to Woolie setting the podcast to Mono.

I felt as tho the Guy Cihi interview was the entire podcast, then I saw there was still an hour and a half left of the podcast.

Feels great.

Zenfalcia

Not related to the quote. But Franken Fran is pretty great.

Manga and all-nighters are how I cope with rough patches

It's super good. She's my current avatar/discrete avatar shilling.

Manga and all-nighters go hand in hand a lot. If you need more, I can see if i can provide more.

I'm glad you're liking it.

It's super good. She's my current avatar/discrete avatar shilling.

Manga and all-nighters go hand in hand a lot. If you need more, I can see if i can provide more.

I got through all of Kimi no Knife as well. Such a flaccid ending. It tailed off quite a bit at the end.

I've got a decent list now and that'll carry me for a bit. Seems like a pretty varied list.

I feel like I need to compile a small list myself just in case I need to recommend stuff now. I've read some really random stuff in my time.
There was this entire part of my life where I just read romance manga aimed at females, and loved it. Oh god dark days of high school

Zenfalcia

I got through all of Kimi no Knife as well. Such a flaccid ending. It tailed off quite a bit at the end.

I've got a decent list now and that'll carry me for a bit. Seems like a pretty varied list.

I feel like I need to compile a small list myself just in case I need to recommend stuff now. I've read some really random stuff in my time.
There was this entire part of my life where I just read romance manga aimed at females, and loved it. Oh god dark days of high school
Damn, that quick? Yeah, kinda flaccid ending since it felt like nothing was resolved, but the trip was amazing.

Nah, i'm living that romance manga dream forever. It's the best, especially all the mushy lovey dovey parts. It's great. There are a few i can recommend if you want those, they aren't all completed though.

Not related to the quote. But Franken Fran is pretty great.

Manga and all-nighters are how I cope with rough patches

Franken Fran is pretty good. Would be my third recommendation from my old manga readin days.
I need to sell some people on Angel Densetsu now that I've hit critical mass on Akumetsu'n.

They could've theoretically went for ages and not limit it. The explanation isn't unbelievable, but eh, what can you do.

Again, for what cause?
Remember, Akumetsu wasn't invading prisons and executing murderers, or patrolling the streets to fight crime like Batman.
His goal was to change the system. But controlling it forever with the threat of murdering everyone who disagreed with him politically would be nothing short of dictatorship. Without the time limit on his actions, the hypocrisy of his violence would have been too much.

Damn, that quick? Yeah, kinda flaccid ending since it felt like nothing was resolved, but the trip was amazing.

Nah, i'm living that romance manga dream forever. It's the best, especially all the mushy lovey dovey parts. It's great. There are a few i can recommend if you want those, they aren't all completed though.

The trip is pretty cool. I enjoyed the trip. Also fuck it, give me some romance. I remember I was reading Kimi ni Todoke but I kinda stopped reading it because it was too irregularly updated.
BUT MY LOVE FOR BERSERK WILL NEVER DIE. MIURAAAAA!

Skrams

Fuck those quests just don't.

Yeah, it's not great. I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out the exact way to do it before learning it's just run up to their butt and use the kick command. Then I spent another 15 minutes trying to get the eggs back to the box while all the Jaggis tried to nibble at my butt. Motherfucker used a swipe attack and broke the golden egg I was carrying which would of net me a ton of money. I'll try the quest one more time and then whatever.

Zenfalcia

Franken Fran is pretty good. Would be my third recommendation from my old manga readin days.
I need to sell some people on Angel Densetsu now that I've hit critical mass on Akumetsu'n.

Again, for what cause?
Remember, Akumetsu wasn't invading prisons and executing murderers, or patrolling the streets to fight crime like Batman.
His goal was to change the system. But controlling it forever with the threat of murdering everyone who disagreed with him politically would be nothing short of dictatorship. Without the time limit on his actions, the hypocrisy of his violence would have been too much.
Angel densetsu is already on my list, so I'll read that eventually.

Hm.. i didn't think of it that way. It would be too much like a big brother society, where everyone would be afraid and do everything in secret. There is a plot hole in the story.
Wasn't there one more shou in the prison?
The trip is pretty cool. I enjoyed the trip. Also fuck it, give me some romance. I remember I was reading Kimi ni Todoke but I kinda stopped reading it because it was too irregularly updated.
BUT MY LOVE FOR BERSERK WILL NEVER DIE. MIURAAAAA!
I think it became flaccid due to it being predictable near the end. It just didn't do anything to surprise you as the story started to settle down and conclude.

Sure, do you want completed or ongoing?

My love for you is like a truck. Berserkerrr...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom