• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no Uniel on psn. Does anyone have more experience for day one stuff on PSN?
This is a first for me so... what's the earliest we can expect Uniel to hit?

I think it became flaccid due to it being predictable near the end. It just didn't do anything to surprise you as the story started to settle down and conclude.

Sure, do you want completed or ongoing?

My love for you is like a truck. Berserkerrr...
Complete. My heart can't take an ongoing story. I need it allllllll noooowwwww.

Oh god the outtakes for the Eng dub are glorious for Berserk. It's half the reason I own the series on DVD. Berserkerrr

I FOOLED YOU. IT IS THE OPENING. AHAHA. The opening is great. Unironically like. No joke.

Zenfalcia

Still no Uniel on psn. Does anyone have more experience for day one stuff on PSN?
Maybe later in the afternoon? Who knows.
Complete. My heart can't take an ongoing story. I need it allllllll noooowwwww.

Oh god the outtakes for the Eng dub are glorious for Berserk. It's half the reason I own the series on DVD. Berserkerrr

I FOOLED YOU. IT IS THE OPENING. AHAHA. The opening is great. Unironically like. No joke.
Okay, but there's so many good ongoing ones! ;_; I WISH THEY WOULD UPDATE FASTER THOUGH.

I love the opening unironically too.

Skrams

The store should update tomorrow. It's completely fucking random though. It should happen around 2 PM EST or so, but it's never been concrete. It's been referred to as Grace Chen time even. I'm not sure on the origin of the phrase, but I know she runs the PS Blog and seems to always post the PS Store Updates. No idea if it's actually under her control when she magically flips the digital switch though.

Also I still need to read more Angel Densetsu. I read through half of it or so and just stopped for no reason.

Angel densetsu is already on my list, so I'll read that eventually.

Hm.. i didn't think of it that way. It would be too much like a big brother society, where everyone would be afraid and do everything in secret. There is a plot hole in the story.
Wasn't there one more shou in the prison?

It's pretty alright, though it's bit slower than Akumetsu.

Yeah, they didn't follow up on him. But
apparently he was one of the Shous that was sent all around Japan as an infant, but didn't meet up with the others when the enclave was made. Not really a plot hole, just sort of an odd loose end.
Though I have to admit, I kinda wish they followed up on who M Gouda was a bit more. And thinking that Shou was a maddened, broken clone of him with his personality was kinda awesome.

The store should update tomorrow. It's completely fucking random though. It should happen around 2 PM EST or so, but it's never been concrete. It's been referred to as Grace Chen time even. I'm not sure on the origin of the phrase, but I know she runs the PS Blog and seems to always post the PS Store Updates. No idea if it's actually under her control when she magically flips the digital switch though.

Damn.... I'm gonna check it one more time in an hour, then pass out.

Zenfalcia

It's pretty alright, though it's bit slower than Akumetsu.

Yeah, they didn't follow up on him. But
apparently he was one of the Shous that was sent all around Japan as an infant, but didn't meet up with the others when the enclave was made. Not really a plot hole, just sort of an odd loose end.
Though I have to admit, I kinda wish they followed up on who M Gouda was a bit more. And thinking that Shou was a maddened, broken clone of him with his personality was kinda awesome.
Well, it is a plot hole of sorts.. since that was never explained more in-depth and that thread was just left there after being used for explanation. There was a few loose threads at the end. Like
how they got technology to have rocket boosters, where they got the material for the new clones, where they got all their materials and weapons, etc. There is the old black market organization that could've been the explanation for some of those questions. Too many questions, oh well.

Well, it is a plot hole of sorts.. since that was never explained more in-depth and that thread was just left there after being used for explanation. There was a few loose threads at the end. Like
how they got technology to have rocket boosters, where they got the material for the new clones, where they got all their materials and weapons, etc. There is the old black market organization that could've been the explanation for some of those questions. Too many questions, oh well.

Well, you have to see
, all the M. Gouda/black market stuff was never the point of the story, it was just an explanation of why Shou had the means he did.
It's completely tertiary stuff. Honestly, given that, it was more in depth than I thought it'd be.
Would I have liked it fleshed out a bit more? Sure... but either way, none of it really has any real bearing on the story.
It's just a plot device that is probably both too well developed, and not well enough developed for it's own good.

Zenfalcia

Well, you have to see
, all the M. Gouda/black market stuff was never the point of the story, it was just an explanation of why Shou had the means he did.
It's completely tertiary stuff. Honestly, given that, it was more in depth than I thought it'd be.
Would I have liked it fleshed out a bit more? Sure... but either way, none of it really has any real bearing on the story.
It's just a plot device that is probably both too well developed, and not well enough developed for it's own good.
That is true, which is why it was not more than a plot point, which is probably for the best. It was only there for the means of explaining some of the backstory and how everything came to be.
Nah I was just checking how they look on GAF since I'm making mass amounts of them right now.
Ah, okay then.

That is true, which is why it was not more than a plot point, which is probably for the best. It was only there for the means of explaining some of the backstory and how everything came to be.

Personally, my one big complaint of the ending, is I feel they the last bits are too short.
The prime minister and the girl meet ten years later, just to shoot the shit. 'things are better then you expected, but worse than you hoped'?
I feel like they should have had a long in depth conversation about politics, that thoroughly dissected Akumetsu's effect, good or bad.
But instead, it's just tell me about Shou... it's like, what's the point?
But, that in it's own way isn't terrible... its just, way to leave the customer hanging. But even that is not a terrible way to end a story, challenge the viewer to make their own assumptions, is rightous in it's own way.
It's no
'bang', you're gonna carry that weight...
but it's decent none the less.

Zenfalcia

Personally, my one big complaint of the ending, is I feel they the last bits are too short.
The prime minister and the girl meet ten years later, just to shoot the shit. 'things are better then you expected, but worse than you hoped'?
I feel like they should have had a long in depth conversation about politics, that thoroughly dissected Akumetsu's effect, good or bad.
But instead, it's just tell me about Shou... it's like, what's the point?
But, that in it's own way isn't terrible... its just, way to leave the customer hanging. But even that is not a terrible way to end a story, challenge the viewer to make their own assumptions, is rightous in it's own way.
It's no
'bang', you're gonna carry that weight...
but it's decent none the less.
I agree, it felt.. so half hearted and that it was intended for you to speculate what happens rather than the author just explaining everything to you, which I prefer since I would have a sense of accomplishment. There's too much left unexplained for why things happened the way it did. Like what happened?

I think that Shou part was just symbolic or just that cool thing you say at the end.

Skrams

The very last minute and end podcast song chosen was pretty good. I also can't wait to see what the new show the plan on having later today is. I also love their idea of them tallying off new releases once a month just so we have an idea of what's on the horizon and the opinions they have before the game comes out.

Mostly because more podcast content is better.

Fucking Monster Hunter. If I can get another one of these birds feathers I can make a hat that's just a bird head. It's the dumbest. 20% Combo Rate up too.

I agree, it felt.. so half hearted and that it was intended for you to speculate what happens rather than the author just explaining everything to you, which I prefer since I would have a sense of accomplishment. There's too much left unexplained for why things happened the way it did. Like what happened?

I think that Shou part was just symbolic or just that cool thing you say at the end.

Personally, I believe I'm sattisified with it though.
But like I said, let's leave it for later.

Also, Uniel's not on the store... still... so time for me to pass out. Night frienders.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Got so much done in MH today.

- Bunch of resource farming
- Took out at least 3 Rathialos
- And a couple of Rathians
- Gunned a Tigrex solo (holy shit that felt good)
- Beat S. Magala
- Got good with the Charge Blade
- Cleared a 2x Gypceros quest
- And a Zinogre/Rathalos quest
- And probably some other shit I'm forgetting

Goddamn this game is amazing. Haven't been so in love with MH since Freedom Unite.

Skrams

- Beat S. Magala

Goddamn this game is amazing. Haven't been so in love with MH since Freedom Unite.

Well, I killed a Great Jaggi and kicked some birds for some golden eggs. The Great Jaggi was way easier than I thought he would be. Too bad I have to kill him 3 or so more times and hope to god he drops his claws for armor makings. I think I'll do that before going on the expedition since fighting him is pretty fun. Might also try my hand at the Seltas again. The 3DS battery life is really bumming me out since I want to hunt more, but the charger I have is so short. I'll have to rearrange my cords for it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well, I killed a Great Jaggi and kicked some birds for some golden eggs. The Great Jaggi was way easier than I thought he would be. Too bad I have to kill him 3 or so more times and hope to god he drops his claws for armor makings. I think I'll do that before going on the expedition since fighting him is pretty fun. Might also try my hand at the Seltas again. The 3DS battery life is really bumming me out since I want to hunt more, but the charger I have is so short. I'll have to rearrange my cords for it.

I actually did rearrange my cords so I could play in my computer chair instead of having to sit on my bed when the system needs charged (which is really uncomfortable).

Rizzi

Oh right.
... Do you have a Wii U? If so, where do you live? :p
I can't justify paying $400 for a Wii U when the PS4 is $550 with actual games. Combine that with the fact that first party Nintendo titles on the thing cost $80 forever.

Oberon

Banned
Oh right.
I can't justify paying $400 for a Wii U when the PS4 is $550 with actual games. Combine that with the fact that first party Nintendo titles on the thing cost $80 forever.

You don't deserve owning one if you think that the Wiiu doesn't have "actual games"

edit: Obviously, I am exagerating a bit. The thought of not deserving to own a product is absurd.

Oh right.

Oh Australia with your crazy disgusting inflation.

How much was the New New 3DS over there?

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
Oh right.

Wonderful_101_box_artwork.jpg
bayonetta-2-discs.png
250px-Box_NA_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png
box-art.png
boyvggu.jpg
LegoCityUndercover.jpg
ZombiU_Box_Art_%28Final%29.jpg

These.

Skrams

Oh right.

Oh, no I meant the PS4 comes with games for $550.

Was about to shit all over you if you thought the PS4 had games while the Wii U didn't. Does Australia not have the common Super Mario 3D World bundle or anything? What does the PS4 bundle even include that would make it a better deal when it costs $150 more and I'm to assume games cost $80 new there.

Also I have to actually investigate if Lego City Undercover is actually something I should pick up. Every person mentions it, but I don't actually know if it's legit or not.

Rizzi

The only bundle we have is the Mario Kart one.
I don't want Mario Kart and It's pre-installed so I couldn't just trade it in or sell it or anything.
The PS4 seems like it usually comes with like GTA and something else lately. Depends on the retailer.
And Nintendo first party stuff never drops in price. Ever.

demidar

The only bundle we have is the Mario Kart one.
I don't want Mario Kart and It's pre-installed so I couldn't just trade it in or sell it or anything.
The PS4 seems like it usually comes with like GTA and something else lately. Depends on the retailer.
And Nintendo first party stuff never drops in price. Ever.

Yep. When I went to look for bundles, the MK8 one was the only one I could find.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I didn't think Miiverse posts were that bad... I need to look at them from time to time...
My favorites are the Crunchyroll ones.

- Beat S. Magala

I never chashed in that beginners pack DLC until HR4 because I didn't know it existed. 50 Mega Potions, 50 Honeys, and a Shitton of well done meats. Amazing.

Charge Blade is the fucking best.

Ah shit, I woke up late. I'm a few hours late to school. I'm not sure if I should go in late or take a day. I'm positive I set my alarm, but someone turned it off before I woke up.

Oberon

Banned
Persona 2 update

I have met the MC older brother. I kind of understand why the Zaibatsu give the protag the canon name. Because mine is called Warluigi Wario, and I am afraid that this will kind of kill the mood in cetain scenes. It also feels like a sequel, I know that it's called persona 2, but I have seen an lp of p1. Am I playing this in the wrong order?

You can very, very easily exploit the boss so that it never hits you and you barely have to ever move. Not recommended, because it pretty much butchers a cool boss fight, but I just wished they'd fix it for the 3DS version. It's less of an issue and more of a poorly designed room, but it's person's own responsibility.

I'm gonna have to see for myself. I struggle at that boss specifically.

Fuck it, i'm taking a day off. Somehow my alarm keeps getting shut off. Either I do it in my sleep, one of my parents do it, or it's a ghost. It's definitely one of those 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom