• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjay1994

So, I think I did pretty well on my midterm.

Not Dempsey Roll Combo knockout, but definately a LIVA BLOW! followed by a GAZZELE PUNCH!

Xiraiya

Also finished the Benizakura arc. For some reason I thought it was 8 episodes and it was actually 4 or so. A pretty cool arc and I really want to see the movie version with insane animation, but I'll hold off until a month or more from now. I hope Takasugi's plans in the future become more drawn out and interesting. They're showing me characters related to him every few episodes, but not much to make me think he's a genius with his planning or anything. I need a little more convincing to be scared of him completely.

Also this was happening a lot during the arc.

Takasugi's influence on the series is surprisingly subtle
and political but yet also constant, if you're expecting something typical like Dio constantly throwing enemies at the main group, then you'll be disappointed.
But the current/most recent arc in the manga has finally bought everything to fruition in spectacular fashion.

Skrams

Takasugi's influence on the series is surprisingly subtle
and political but yet also constant, if you're expecting something typical like Dio constantly throwing enemies at the main group, then you'll be disappointed.
But the current/most recent arc in the manga has finally bought everything to fruition in spectacular fashion.
Nothing as simple as throwing fodder enemies at them. I don't expect action like that from Gintama so far. I was just thinking in the episode prior to the Benizakura arc, when they're trying to recover the stolen batteries, that it would of been neat if the batteries ended up in Takasugi's hands at the end. I want that breadcrumb trail of intrigue that reminds me he's still there in the background plotting and taking his time while building up to enact a new plan.

But whatever, on to the new frontier where
they open the episode with a maybe anus joke since that mayonnaise opening is star shaped.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yo, these gifs:
1xrNgL4.gif

Charlie's got a GenoCIDE CUTTAH now.

Xiraiya

Nothing as simple as throwing fodder enemies at them. I don't expect action like that from Gintama so far. I was just thinking in the episode prior to the Benizakura arc, when they're trying to recover the stolen batteries, that it would of been neat if the batteries ended up in Takasugi's hands at the end. I want that breadcrumb trail of intrigue that reminds me he's still there in the background plotting and taking his time while building up to enact a new plan.

You will get plenty of those bread crumb moments like that in the future, and some of them have already been placed in earlier episodes.

Skrams

You will get plenty of those bread crumb moments like that in the future, and some of them have already been placed in earlier episodes.
Either that shit is subtle as fuck or your referring to stuff like headphone music man mentioning Takasugi while sitting on the park bench reading a newspaper. I might need to pay more attention now.

Also man, there is a lot more suplexes in Gintama than I expected. It's great.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Was there any basis for that "Academy Awards are racist" thread? Something like a member of the committee not choosing Tale of Princess Kaguya because it was a 'chinese fucking thing' and 'no one knew what it was' or something.

Was there any basis for that "Academy Awards are racist" thread? Something like a member of the committee not choosing Tale of Princess Kaguya because it was a 'chinese fucking thing' and 'no one knew what it was' or something.
People don't need shit for basis to throw that stuff around.

I don't think it was because of that, but the fact that only one film with a lot of black characters got nominated for anything.

Neol

Also what's with the order of the toppings?

It should be Bun > Patty > Cheese > Bacon > Lettuce.

There was a thread saying that the Academy has no idea about animated movies. Think it was only that one voter who called them chinese movies.

By the way, the reason Woolie had such a hard time with Distance is you actually have to hold boost while you're jumping from wall to wall to keep momentum. That's why he ended up failing jumps so many times, he didn't have enough speed.
That's what probably killed him. Rip in peace deadwil.
RIP

Wow, Woolie talks about the Cartoon Brew article in which an Academy voter calls Princess Kaguya and Song of the Sea those two "fuckin Chinese things" when one movie is Japanese and one is Irish, and FUCKIN WOOLIE GETS IT WRONG AND SAYS ONE IS JAPANESE AND ONE IS FRENCH. Jesus Christ, man, Song of the Sea is fucking Irish. Can't believe you did it too.

Wow, Woolie talks about the Cartoon Brew article in which an Academy voter calls Princess Kaguya and Song of the Sea those two "fuckin Chinese things" when one movie is Japanese and one is Irish, and FUCKIN WOOLIE GETS IT WRONG AND SAYS ONE IS JAPANESE AND ONE IS FRENCH. Jesus Christ, man, Song of the Sea is fucking Irish. Can't believe you did it too.
Ah, french, irish, what's the difference? They're both european.

Also what's with the order of the toppings?

It should be Bun > Patty > Cheese > Bacon > Lettuce.
I thought you meant top down I was like whut
By the way, the reason Woolie had such a hard time with Distance is you actually have to hold boost while you're jumping from wall to wall to keep momentum. That's why he ended up failing jumps so many times, he didn't have enough speed.
So you gave in huh?
I don't play Street Fighter much.

I don't know who Charlie is (
Other than he dies in Alpha or whatever
)

That trailer was sick
The only thing you need to know is he's a fucking bad ass and canonically the strongest ever

croten

Well he's not dismissing it ignorantly which was the point.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Never saw song of the sea, secret of Kells was amazing tho.

I'll buy it on blu ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom