• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo, how far are you in both? Also how are you liking both?

Fran: ch.36
I'm really just enjoying how odd and weird this gets. Ever since one of the early chapters with the caterpillar girl I've been prepared for weird. It sorta reminds me of Black Jack but turned to 11 on the bizarre scale.

Akumetsu: ch.14
Ermm... I love it. It is just pretty crazy and cool.

Seeing as I started this manga spree thanks to reading only monthly stuff, Jojolion's new chapter was pretty... well... I wish it would pick up the pace. It takes months and months for stand battles to start and end.

Anung

Un Rama
The more I see of this new DBZ game, the more I am convinced it's everything 10 year old me wanted in his life.

I'm just waiting on the dispatch E-mail for DBZ. Really want it to arrive tomorrow.

I wish the retail version of Resi was out now. It looks good.

Zenfalcia

Fran: ch.36
I'm really just enjoying how odd and weird this gets. Ever since one of the early chapters with the caterpillar girl I've been prepared for weird. It sorta reminds me of Black Jack but turned to 11 on the bizarre scale.

Akumetsu: ch.14
Ermm... I love it. It is just pretty crazy and cool.

Seeing as I started this manga spree thanks to reading only monthly stuff, Jojolion's new chapter was pretty... well... I wish it would pick up the pace. It takes months and months for stand battles to start and end.
It's different with most chapters being just a single arc and taking one bizarre science idea to the limit. The characters are pretty interesting too, with their weirdness. The caterpillar girl was really... unique. It really sets the mood for the rest of the series.

Yeah, it is. You haven't even gotten far yet.

I took a break with Franken Fran and hopped onto the Akumetsu train. This is a train. Like an actual train.

*Nods approvingly like the proud papa

I dunno. It just feels different when using his specials compared to Narukami and Sol. Its way more arc/hoppy.

His energy thing below the peak of the arc feels really good to use.

Really? Hmm, I guess I just have no appreciation for Shotos.

That said, I'm having this total Pat/Athena thing with the wind girl in Uniel. I kinda hate her as a character, but she's so damn fun to play as...
Also, that Hilda voice actor is fucking killing it. Almost makes me want to play her.

Alright I got to sign off, I need sleep now.

In one of my many recent late nighters, I just marathoned all of akumetsu in in one fucking night.
That was a cool manga with a cool mc.
And it wanted you to know that he was a cool, perfect mc.
Everyone spent the entirety of the manga hopping on his dick
especially evil-noseblood gurl, whose sole purpose in the manga was to validate that everything the mc did was right and not morally questionable at all
, which normally kinda irritates me, but the whole thing was so fucking cool I didn't even care.
It kinda felt like this was a manga that came about because the author was mad at the government for the economy, and wanted a series dedicated to making strawmen of the evil businessmen and politicians without an extensive knowledge of how either economics or government really worked. Despite this, it still wound up being a super fun series with a sick mc, and one I'll definitely read again sooner or later.

Oh shit, didn't mean to overlook you there semi.
Funny you mention that. Honestly, during my reread I was afraid the politics of it might bother me now, since I know alot more about that than I did during my first pass on the manga. But nope, wasn't a problem, still a really enjoyable read for me.
That said... I really can't get hype about this right now... seriously need sleep.
Night night everybody... or really morning right now.

Morning, so I set up my alarm to play Roundabout every morning at 7, today it woke me up, and I listened to it as the sun broke the horizon...it was beautiful..

Skrams

So I watched the latest Super Mario RPG episode and decided to take a gander at the youtube comments. A lot of them seem to be mostly annoyed with how flippant Liam is being in his playing of the game. I'm skimming, so maybe I'm missing them shitting on Pat as well, but I'm surprised how full focused a lot of the top comments are for shitting on Liam. I'd figure Pat would be just as guilty as Liam since he has no problem with them using the lazy shell. I also don't understand the base idea of the LP would be better if they weren't using the lazy shell. Liam would be playing better as to not die, but I don't know how that would change anything. The LP might be longer, but it's an RPG. The combat is still going to look about the same and not much else is going to change. Then some people are annoyed with Liam's joke about the game being for babies even though it's a joke. It's leaning more towards antagonizing trolling so I understand if people have a problem with that, but it's still a very obvious joke. I don't want to generalize youtube comments, but there's a lot of them that seem to think they're actually serious about the game being garbage or for babies. Maybe this would be different if I finished Super Mario RPG as I only played a few hours of it years ago or was more invested. Still, I just can't really any summon any anger for this.

Also man, I'm always afraid to ever set anything as an alarm or ringtone or whatever. I don't want to grow to associate a song/jingle with a text or waking up. It'd freak me out too much.

Morning, so I set up my alarm to play Roundabout every morning at 7, today it woke me up, and I listened to it as the sun broke the horizon...it was beautiful..
I have my alarm set to 5 every morning, and I used to use Ride the Fire to wake me up, but I stopped because it almost killed the song for me.

For now... i might need your kidney later.

Morning. I set my alarms to multiple songs including Tell me why, too bad I never hear it and always fall back asleep.

I should do that..always fun to wake up to that song.
I have my alarm set to 5 every morning, and I used to use Ride the Fire to wake me up, but I stopped because it almost killed the song for me.
Why are you waking up at 5 am?

I just learned to do everything the night before, shower, grooming, getting clothes out, all I do in the morning is fix my hair, brush my teeth, get dressed and then grab an orange on the way out.
I always say i'll do that, but I always end up procrastinating until I pass out at midnight.

Emouse

Any reason why not?

Hah I joke pick whoever you like, for me it's just Jacky players are super annoying with the somersault kicks, and he has that auto counter thing whenever a high punch is coming for him, which is simple to get around its just irritating, Bayman does seem cool tho, I've yet to try him out myself

I have blues in the velvet room as another song for my 2nd alarm.. which is nice.

My other wake up song is Laid to Rest by Lamb of God..for obvious reason.
I always say i'll do that, but I always end up procrastinating until I pass out at midnight.
If I have to be somewhere early, I'm usually in bed by 10:30 or 11 so I'm well rested and having everything ready to go.

You need more disiprine.

Okingjrr

I use the brawl version of Mute City. It's starts off so soft then explodes, too bad I'm a light sleeper and turn off the alarm before it gets that part.

I use the brawl version of Mute City. It's starts off so soft then explodes, too bad I'm a light sleeper and turn off the alarm before it gets that part.

I've gotten to the point where I wake up before my alarm goes off, because usually when it does it scares the shit out of me.

Guys, I have slept maybe 4 hours in 48 hours.

I feel so shitty. D: The insomnia won't end.

That said I did watch the Mystery box and Life is Strange, really impressed with Life is Strange and it's certainly shaping up to be an interesting game.

I laughed so hard when the intro finished on Mystery Box and it was Drake.

I just had this gut feeling it's gotta be that game.

That said I did watch the Mystery box and Life is Strange, really impressed with Life is Strange and it's certainly shaping up to be an interesting game.

I had never heard of that game before last night.

Wow that was fucking garbage.

Zenfalcia

Sucks.

It's certainly a mysterious jogo, although drake is even more mysterious.

Rizzi

You know what, something that really pisses me off?
Square fucking Enix.
Bunch of fucking assholes over there, that need to learn to suck it up and accept that Dragon Quest is better than Final Fantasy, and localize that shit. No-one fucking asked for Final Fantasy 13-3 Return of the Shit Mascot Character. Mobile ports are what everyone wants right?

Village

Survival Horror....has changed
for the better

3K4R6Kq.gif
This is odd way to start my birthday

Village

You know what, something that really pisses me off?
Square fucking Enix.
Bunch of fucking assholes over there, that need to learn to suck it up and accept that Dragon Quest is better than Final Fantasy, and localize that shit. No-one fucking asked for Final Fantasy 13-3 Return of the Shit Mascot Character. Mobile ports are what everyone wants right?
One no
Two i understand your localization plight but the reason they don't is because no else thinks that thing you said.
Three i would like to reiterate i would enjoy it greatly if a lot of my favorite let's play peeps play ff15
Four You are correct about ff13 3

Ok so MGS4, I've got a lot of questions.

So what exactly does Ocelot's fingerbang thing do? It turns off nanomachines? Why does that make everyone super upset and sick?

What's the point of the Beauty squad? Why does Laughing kill a bunch of guys and make her face look like Snake's?

Did the Zaibatsu ever get to the Rex+Ray fight before the series was killed?

Oh btw I'm with Pat and Woolie, Team Slap.

Because it's fucking Syler slapping his shit for being a kid that's swinging a bat at other children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom