• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

Ok so MGS4, I've got a lot of questions.

So what exactly does Ocelot's fingerbang thing do? It turns off nanomachines? Why does that make everyone super upset and sick?

What's the point of the Beauty squad? Why does Laughing kill a bunch of guys and make her face look like Snake's?

Did the Zaibatsu ever get to the Rex+Ray fight before the series was killed?

lol MGS4 is crazy

Most soldiers have nanomachines that regulate pain, psyche, physical trauma and healing, blocks fatigue, etc. Turning that off will make soldiers sick or something.

It's a squad full if crazy people who are good at killing *shrug* It's a tradition at this point.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
GGs to everyone in Ultimax and to Joe in DOA. I should be getting my retail DOA in the mail today, so I can play the full version online. Finally unboxed my PS4 ^_^

I gotta learn the Labrys match up cause I do not know what the fuck she does.

Labrys is a lot of safe offensive pressure with wide hitboxes. She's also slow as hell and has no decent reversal until she's in Awakening. You can either lame her out or you can mix her up freely (until she's in Awakening).

well ive been focusing on Aigis's combos for the past 3-4 months.
Im barely at the level where i can beat everyone except you and Romars, and I'm about even with Guardian when I play Ai-chan.

I'm honestly not really familiar with Aigis either. We only got to play those few games. Maybe we can do another in the future.

Oberon

Banned
I bit the bullet and I'm watch Love Live! now.

It's on my backlog, but I added it just recently so I'll take time until I'll watch.
In addition, I just noticed that Gintama is just after Ippo in my to watch list, so that will take like a while...

Jojo part 6 spoilers

It amazes me how stupid the people in this can be at times. Why would weater sit down and read that book and eat the apple? He knows about stands and shit, and he knows something weird's goin on.

Rizzi

Jojo part 6 spoilers

It amazes me how stupid the people in this can be at times. Why would weater sit down and read that book and eat the apple? He knows about stands and shit, and he knows something weird's goin on.

Is it an enemy stand?
It's always an enemy stand.

Shackzam

Labrys is a lot of safe offensive pressure with wide hitboxes. She's also slow as hell and has no decent reversal until she's in Awakening. You can either lame her out or you can mix her up freely (until she's in Awakening).
I feel that the labrys match-up is more about learning her spacing and not letting her getting away with whiffing her normals. Her mix ups aren't the strongest and even you get hit by them you're not taking to much damage as long as it isn't red axe.

Jojo part 6 spoilers

This dude's power is actually fairy tales. This could either be awesome or the dumbest. Let's see how it goes.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I feel that the labrys match-up is more about learning her spacing and not letting her getting away with whiffing her normals. Her mix ups aren't the strongest and even you get hit by them you're not taking to much damage as long as it isn't red axe.

That's true. It kind of goes hand in hand with how slow she is. She's got range and cancelability on her normals, but all of her moves have a good bit of startup and recovery on whiff except for 2A. But as a Labrys, I shouldn't really be whiffing ground normals.

Labrys is safe or + on a lot of her moves, so a lot of people tend to press buttons when they shouldn't. But Labrys herself has problems dealing with pressure due to her lack of reversal option... this is partly why Kanji is not such a good matchup for her. They share some basic gameplans, but Kanji has a phenomenal reversal and seems to have more base damage.

That said, I play a pretty basic Labrys. I don't really even use her oki Ariadne options. I just play based on fundamentals and reads. I know she can deal way more damage, too, I just haven't really looked up optimization.

GGs to everyone in Ultimax and to Joe in DOA. I should be getting my retail DOA in the mail today, so I can play the full version online. Finally unboxed my PS4 ^_^

GG's. Sorry I kinda played like a douche in that one match with Yukari. I just noticed all the air dashes and was bored so I thought it'd be fun to just counter all your approaches.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
GG's. Sorry I kinda played like a douche in that one match with Yukari. I just noticed all the air dashes and was bored so I thought it'd be fun to just counter all your approaches.

No way, man. That's how you should play. If it works, continue to do it. But I have to admit that I was eating some of those arrows trying to bait you into committing so I could try to IK. :p

No way, man. That's how you should play. If it works, continue to do it. But I have to admit that I was eating a lot of arrows trying to bait you into committing so I could try to IK. :p

Lol, I know enough about Yukari to know not to commit to her arrows since whiffing on those makes me eat combos for days. My matches with shack where he jumped over my miracle feather arrows and combo'd me still gives me nightmares.

Shackzam

That's true. It kind of goes hand in hand with how slow she is. She's got range and cancelability on her normals, but all of her moves have a good bit of startup and recovery on whiff except for 2A. But as a Labrys, I shouldn't really be whiffing ground normals.

Labrys is safe or + on a lot of her moves, so a lot of people tend to press buttons when they shouldn't. But Labrys herself has problems dealing with pressure due to her lack of reversal option... this is partly why Kanji is not such a good matchup for her. They share some basic gameplans, but Kanji has a phenomenal reversal and seems to have more base damage.

That said, I play a pretty basic Labrys. I don't really even use her oki Ariadne options. I just play based on fundamentals and reads. I know she can deal way more damage, too, I just haven't really looked up optimization.
The main problem with labrys is that almost all of her mix ups have a tell to them and you can just block. You literally just have to know her tells and you could react to the mixup. That's how slow and she is, the only real thing she has is that she can keep you blocking. Also any of her higher damage combos are situational and use red axe because she does barely any damage for the amount of work she has to do to get a hit.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The main problem with labrys is that almost all of her mix ups have a tell to them and you can just block. You literally just have to know her talks and you could react to the mixup. That's how slow and she is, the only real thing she had is that she can keep you blocking. Also any of her higher damage combos are situational and use red axe because she does barely any damage for the amount of work she has to do to get a hit.

I could incorporate more universal overheads, throws, and rapidcancels, but yeah, Labrys has specific go to options for mix-ups that can be reacted to. However, keeping an opponent blocking is actually really beneficial for Labrys, unlike other characters, because she builds Axe meter on block.

Once she's red axe, she gets stupid damage off of a super (like 50% or so without Awakening?), which is a huge reward for a basic combo. But yeah, otherwise, I'm not doing great damage with her.

Lol, I know enough about Yukari to know not to commit to her arrows since whiffing on those makes me eat combos for days. My matches with shack where he jumped over my miracle feather arrows and combo'd me still gives me nightmares.

Ah, so you knew that I didn't know that you knew.

They are going for the young teen character type so hard that I find it borderline impossible to ignore it. I really don't think she is meant to represent a flat-chested adult.

It's like Nowi. Sure she's a 1000 year old dragon, but trying to argue that she's not creepy at all and is meant to represent an adult woman with a different body type would be nothing short of impossible and crazy.
I think everything except face, hair, and proportions of the DOA cast blend together. I really just don't see it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just ordered this:
persona-4-the-golden-marie-premium-figure.jpg
Muaahahaaha.

Stupid story about my dream:
Ok so I actually had a semi cool dream last night where I was trying to get to an employee elevator to get to the boss and my life was an RPG. I was level 20 and the scaling in the current area gave me like no XP, so I was trying to stealth my way to the elevator and use the employee key card I had.i sucked though and got caught at least three times. Majority of the dream was doing stealth takedowns and hiding in places. My method of fighting in RPG mode was punching things.
Just ordered this:
Muaahahaaha.
That's alright. Edit: Oh a prize figure that explains the detail. Nice price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom