• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? Now he can't be arrested for the all milfs he'll go out with.
IOSCq3M.gif

Goodwil is....l-legal?....
Someone save me

Alfebit

Banned
How? Other games such as OoT barely let you swim and either allow you to walk on the floor or take short dives. It's easy and it's borderline nonexistent, meaning it's better. Majora's Mask has one of the worst in the entire fucking franchise because of the amount of swimming it forces you to do and because of the Zora mask. It's fine when you just have to swim in a single straight line, but once you try to make tight corners, turn the camera or ascend/descend, it just shits the bed in more ways than one.

It's passable now, but man is it not good. At all.
Don't play Monster Hunter 3U

How? Other games such as OoT barely let you swim and either allow you to walk on the floor or take short dives. It's easy and it's borderline nonexistent, meaning it's better. Majora's Mask has one of the worst in the entire fucking franchise because of the amount of swimming it forces you to do and because of the Zora mask. It's fine when you just have to swim in a single straight line, but once you try to make tight corners, turn the camera or ascend/descend, it just shits the bed in more ways than one.

It's passable now, but man is it not good. At all.

I barely count OoT as swimming controls which is why they're not atrocious. All you're doing for water in that game is just floating around and diving for a few seconds. I'm talking about something like Majora, Banjo, Monster Hunter 3U, or 3D Mario games where you're actually swimming underwater as well and have to actually accomplish tasks underwater than just diving for a few seconds.

Oh absolutely, when compared to those, Majora's Mask's swimming works way better. But as always, I see no point in making comparisons. It controls like garbage when looking at it in its own right, infinitely more so when you don't have the nub to turn the camera, it's just less garbage than swimming controls in most other games. If games just abandoned underwater levels in 3D games altogether forever, I'd be completely fine with that.

Completely agreed. Swimming just isn't fun in games. It slows movement and/or just feels awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom