• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was fun for my first MMO ever. Controls are gonna take some time to get used to. Especially that tiny ass map on my screen that I can barely see anything on.

Edit: nvm, just googled it.

Playing more Life is Strange, I just had some skater dude do a trick for me. He fucked up and hit his nuts with his board. Naturally, I walked over and took a picture of him holding his nuts. Now I'm having some fat guy draw me like one of his french girls. What an amazing game.

Playing more Life is Strange, I just had some skater dude do a trick for me. He fucked up and hit his nuts with his board. Naturally, I walked over and took a picture of him holding his nuts. Now I'm having some fat guy draw me like one of his french girls. What an amazing game.

Damn, I didn't see any of that at all

beinfilms

Yep! Don't forget to check out the licence plates once you get to the parking lot!

Is DeSu1 the only Megaten game where a "Neutral route" is the worst?
I haven't gone through any of the routes yet, but it seems like I'm stuck with that one and the rest of the routes seem way better.

DeSu spoilers:
Leaving the Yamanote Circle for your selfish reasons is pretty scummy Yuzu...

Is DeSu1 the only Megaten game where a "Neutral route" is the worst?
I haven't gone through any of the routes yet, but it seems like I'm stuck with that one and the rest of the routes seem way better.

DeSu spoilers:
Leaving the Yamanote Circle for your selfish reasons is pretty scummy Yuzu...

Is this Devil Survivor?

"the choices made in collectiable mode will not be taken into account when you resume your current progression"

Damn they thought this shit through

Oberon

Banned
Persona 2
Tengu: You think I'm some kind of gamer geek, huh?
That pisses me off!

This games demon conversation really is entertaining.

How's nocturne's alignments? I've heard its a lot like DeSu with the ambiguity of alignment system.
Yup. Instead of Law/Chaos/Neutral you just have Reasons. The way the world is set up is anyone with a worldview can fight to have their Reason become reflected in reality. There's one ending that you could argue is "good" or if you really agree with the other Reasons they could be good.

The best ending is unambiguously evil.

Yup. Instead of Law/Chaos/Neutral you just have Reasons. The way the world is set up is anyone with a worldview can fight to have their Reason become reflected in reality. There's one ending that you could argue is "good" or if you really agree with the other Reasons they could be good.

The best ending is unambiguously evil.
Interesting... I'll pick it back up after I'm finished with DeSu.
I should pick that back up, I dropped it cause the final battle was too hard.
What route did you end up being locked into?
Persona 2
Tengu: You think I'm some kind of gamer geek, huh?
That pisses me off!

This games demon conversation really is entertaining.
Sadly they don't get that relevent today in EP... Its fun and they should bring it back.

Jman014

"the choices made in collectiable mode will not be taken into account when you resume your current progression"

Damn they thought this shit through

Aww yiss the adventures of Maxine the photography addict.
2015-01-30_00009.jpg

beinfilms

Dude Life is Strange is pretty great.

Victoria and Nathan Prescott are pure evil

I'm not so sure Victoria is evil, actually. If you're nice to her after the whole paint can thing, I got the impression that she's more evil to seem cool to her friends than anything else. Sort of like Cordelia in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Quick retraction, the best ending isn't exactly unambiguously evil.
Depends who you think the real villain is
Those dirty Manikins... I knew it was them all along! Charging me ridiculous amounts for stuff...
/s

I picked hard thinking that it would only a damage buff to enemies, so I've been reluctant to pick it back up again.

Those dirty Manikins... I knew it was them all along! Charging me ridiculous amounts for stuff...
/s

I picked hard thinking that it would only a damage buff to enemies, so I've been reluctant to pick it back up again.
Ohh god, no. Nocturne hard is bullshit and makes the game grindy as fuck for money. Endgame is gonna suck yo,

Manikins are such assholes :p

Ilvocare

Smash bros OST shipped?

cool

Alright then. Can't wait for it to arrive. It'll take like, what, 2 weeks considering Ninty is doing the shipping?

Also I remember playing Devil Survivor and really liking the game. However I lost the copy and was SUPER close to beating the game, too. Not like "last battle" close, but still close.
I think I was on Neutral route and got to Belzebub and saw that 5 million square wide attack range and put it down immediately.

Should I pick up Overclocked and go back from the beginning?

Ilvocare

Uhhh... I don't remember, what determines what end you get again?

Pretty sure it's
literally as simple as talking to the person whose final day and ideals you want to pursue in DeSur. You won't have EVERYONE available, though, depending on your choices throughout the game. You should still HAVE a choice, though.

Uhhh... I don't remember, what determines what end you get again?
Who you spent time with and what mission goals did you try to accomplish on some fights I think. I believe people differentiate what ending you get by who emails you on the 6th day.
You also get to spend time with that person right before you go to sleep. I also think its possible that multiple people will email you as well.

Oh jeez, my dad's conspiracy theorist friend is back again. Thankfully,they're leaving soon. For those who didn't see or don't remember, this is the guy who came into my apartment, started ranting about solving the formula of life and the Illuminati, followed me to the library while ranting at me, and then started to rant at the library staff, which put me in the incredibly awkward situation of him trying to call on me for support when they got sick of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom