• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
oxford_english_dictionary.jpg

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I was fucking around, seeing what usernames were available, and...

Fraud is not taken.

I'm not going to take it, I like mine. But if anyone wants it, it's yours.

Oh trust me, I highly doubt anyone's heard of this.

Stumbled onto this site one day in like 2010 and it's the deadest fucking site I hang about in.

Well, this review was at least more interesting than every other review I've read.

It's funny that he brings up P3 all the time, but he's never reviewed it. Unless you count P3P.

What a good and super-comprehensive review, you mean.

The ones where they just die inside are some of the most memorable to me.

Some of their best (imo) are White Knight Chronicles, FFXIV, and Baroque.

I like the part where they use the n word every time someone comments on a post. Very professional

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Well, this review was at least more interesting than every other review I've read.

I've never played Nocturne, I'm saving it for the summer tho.

But my favorite choice quote from that review is when he's talking about Labrynth of Amala:
-It's technically optional, but at the same time, intimately linked with the game's story. So much so, that I'd go as far as saying that if you didn't do it, you haven't actually played Nocturne. This means two things: the developers can cram all their resources into creating this amazing dungeon, with the knowledge that only faggots who don't deserve to live anyway would forego doing it, while at the same time, the sensible people have the knowledge that they could have technically joined the faggot camp, giving their forays into the Labyrinth of Amala a certain sense of importance and choice, illusory though it may be. This sense is further expanded by the fact that throughout the dungeon, you are repeatedly warned by god not to proceed.

I've never played Nocturne, I'm saving it for the summer tho.

But my favorite choice quote from that review is when he's talking about Labrynth of Amala:

Some excerpts from his Demons' Souls review.
However, one thing I'm not happy with is that Demon's Souls is fucking scary as SHIT. I am not fucking kidding. This game is scarier than resident evil. It's not jump-out-your-seat scary, but there's always this heavy sense of dread throughout the entire game. The reason for this is a combination of the atmosphere, the graphics, the sound, the details, the fact that the game is so fucking dark, that it's so fucking easy to die, and that when you do you have to do the level again, lose all your souls and you can't ever save.

So yeah. I would've liked Demon's Souls more if it wasn't so scary, and maybe if it had less asshole design decisions. But despite that it's still a great game that addicted me like few others. Like I said in the beginning of the review, it's probably the best PS3 game, so if you have a PS3 this is a must have.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Is the Gore Armor even good? It has shit elemental resistance, but good skills.

The Ceanataur set has no skills, but the same base DEF. The Nibelsnart set is the same as Ceanataur, but it has shit elemental resistance.

360pages

I think Death Animations are super important in Survival horror games, make the player dread or fear dying. If the animation is just the player character falling over with a groan then it loses its impact.

Freakmonkey

Neo Member
Man, this mystery box stuff might be my favorite show of theirs now if the first episode is anything to go off of. By the end of it I was doing a really gross cough-snort-laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom