• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilvocare

I'm torn between Reese's Puffs and Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Speaking about something earlier, I get bummed when a thing starts to grow in fanbase and production gets better BUT the actual product changes and your left with 70% different stuff and 30% of what you actually liked about it in the first place. Case in point, AVGN and Nostalgia Critic.

Welcome to the Best Friends Community!

I joke, if the Zaibatsu didn't have quality and if it didn't improve we wouldn't be here.

Although compared to their beginnings they HAVE changed. Unlike war.

Neol

Bleh I dislike fish. Don't like the texture and the general smell of it. I can appreciate some calamari though.

Food talk. Here's a random steak picture.
df08_02_06_steak.jpg

Mmmm....steak...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, I understood that, I just never looked at it like that. I didn't eat it with this in mind and tried out a lot of different kinds this past year. I've eaten Spicy Tuna rolls and I liked them quite a bit and while the Rainbow rolls look fucking delicious, I've not seen anyone sell these in any of the local (as in city) sushi restaurants I've been to so far.

Sucks, because man, I want to try those rainbow rolls.

That totally sucks. Sometimes it takes a little while to find a decent local sushi place, but once you find one, it's like you hit the jackpot. Sushi faces such specific requirements that you just can't get it anywhere. It's too bad Junes supermarkets don't exist. Supermarket sushi is nasty (except Wegmans, which is surprisingly solid).

Maybe your local places have alternatives to the Rainbow Roll, like their own specialty version with different fish or ingredients. Every sushi place seems to have their own list of signature rolls that can be pretty different from others. Some combination of Salmon, Tuna, and Yellowtail makes me really happy.

During a special occasion, spring for a sushi boat. :)

It sucks that sushi is expensive or I'd be willing to try more of it. If I'm going out for food, I'll usually go for Mexican or Middle Eastern.

I fucking adore my spices in food and that's two of the best for it.

Diversification is necessary, especially if you're competing for people's attention.

That's dumb tho. I get it when it's doing other things or something like that but when I watch a review and the majority is some big skit while little attention is paid to the actual review, (and I mean a funny review with the same quirks that made me like the person in the first place) it kind of sucks. I don't mean it like the SBF when they do random videos or the podcast, I mean more like if they started an LP and in the middle of it they go in to a live action segment like the 2013 disappointments video and talked about something vaguely connecting to the LP or not even at all.

btw, I only mentioned that because it seemed like some people didn't enjoy that video.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
That's dumb tho. I get it when it's doing other things or something like that but when I watch a review and the majority is some big skit while little attention is paid to the actual review, (and I mean a funny review with the same quirks that made me like the person in the first place) it kind of sucks. I don't mean it like the SBF when they do random videos or the podcast, I mean more like if they started an LP and in the middle of it they go in to a live action segment like the 2013 disappointments video and talked about something vaguely connecting to the LP or not even at all.

btw, I only mentioned that because it seemed like some people didn't enjoy that video.

I just thought of it as a podcast. It was fine that way.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
What? No. Anything Blank Pebbles is inedible. Can't stand it. Also how are you even supposed to enjoy a cereal you can't even see? It's nonsense.

Just shovel them into your mouth like a normal person.

Also, IDK if anyone here get Girl Scout Cookies, but fucking Samoas man. I'm eating a box right now. BEST.

I just thought of it as a podcast. It was fine that way.

I didn't say I didn't like it. I had no problem with that since they do LP's every day and if anything, they keep improving on their videos. They're branching out with new stuff but never fucking with what attracted people to them in the first place.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Speaking of Steak, how do you guys make yours, fry, oven roast or grill?

Grill.

I've had really good chicken fried steak and really good bread covered and washed with mustard streak. Beef Wellington is way better than any oven roasted steak you will get.

Also, beef wellington + mustard OTP.

I didn't say I didn't like it. I had no problem with that since they do LP's every day and if anything, they keep improving on their videos. They're branching out with new stuff but never fucking with what attracted people to them in the first place.

As they should be.

Neol

Just shovel them into your mouth like a normal person.

Also, IDK if anyone here get Girl Scout Cookies, but fucking Samoas man. I'm eating a box right now. BEST.

Samoas are pretty goddamn good.

I'm a tagalongs or trefoils kinda person tho.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hmm, I see. I generally use a frying pan more than I grill them, mainly because I don't have a grill at my disposal.

Seasoning? Additions?
I generally just use salt & pepper for seasoning and occasionally add a little bit of thyme and garlic to the mix.

For some reason, I thought you meant breaded and fried, like a chicken fried steak. I use a frying pan too when I have to.

I keep it really simple with salt and pepper. If you have a nice quality cut of steak, I feel like you don't need to do much to it as long as you cook it well.

Where the heck is Joe during all this food talk? He's the chef.

For some reason, I thought you meant breaded and fried, like a chicken fried steak. I use a frying pan too when I have to.

I keep it really simple with salt and pepper. If you have a nice quality cut of steak, I feel like you don't need to do much to it as long as you cook it well.

Where the heck is Joe during all this food talk? He's the chef.

If you need a shit ton of spices and especially a sauce, you're doing it wrong.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I've never tried beef Wellington.
One of the best things you will ever eat IMO.
Hmm, I see. I generally use a frying pan more than I grill them, mainly because I don't have a grill at my disposal.

Seasoning? Additions?
I generally just use salt & pepper for seasoning and occasionally add a little bit of thyme and garlic to the mix. Not asking for specifics, we all know how to make steak.
How I prep steak in case you want to know my favorite way:
Rub the meat with olive oil, then put a salt and pepper mixture on a plate and put both sides of the steak on the plate and press it into the mixture and immediately put it into the pan. Light on salt, heavy on ground pepper.

After that, the fun stuff comes as you're cooking it. Glaze it in mustard as it's cooking. Then add mushrooms.

You could just get really good meat and grill it medium rare. That's good too. Mushrooms are always a welcome addition IMO. Never invite steak sauce tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom