• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzi

Oh, speaking of animals!
So, trying to find a home for my nan's cat 'cause I can't take it with me. Was looking at animal welfare places that don't destroy animals they can't find a home for. They all wanted a donation of like $1500-$1800.

Oh, speaking of animals!
So, trying to find a home for my nan's cat 'cause I can't take it with me. Was looking at animal welfare places that don't destroy animals they can't find a home for. They all wanted a donation of like $1500-$1800.
That's quite the premium, but I guess it's unlimited housing and care until they get a new owner. Still nuts tho

A claymore is heavy as shit.

I'm a big guy.

BanePrologueMaskShotGoodw5942.jpg

Because you have to be able to get in there to smash.
I wouldn't even use bows or spears, I'll just grapple people. Suplex all day every day. YOU WANT SOME?!

Calm Down Zangief.

Beloved

Oh, speaking of animals!

Jesus christ. Spread the word with friends and relatives, maybe an acquaintance would take it in.

semisonic

Banned
That's pretty heavy to swing around.

Not necessarily.
For an average person who doesn't do that sort of thing or any muscle training, sure.
But let's use me as a kinda-strong, lifted at one point example.
I can curl 25 pounds with each arm.
Swinging around a 5 pound weight is fucking nothing, even a fairly long one. And we're talking a 2-handed weapon here. That shit's easy.
The most important thing about swinging any weapon around is the balance of the weapon itself. If it's balanced well, then the weight isn't unwieldy, just kinda there.

demidar

Well that's the point. They smash about as much as they cut

The longer a weapon is, the further out the center of mass is, making it harder and slower to swing, harder to change directions or momentum, more difficult to hold up (more taxing on your muscles).

Soon Austrailia will be filled to bursting with creepy people, and then Xiraiya will go on a rampage and clear it out.
Yup, that's a fair point. Just pointing out things like Souls overrates weight of weapons.
You'll only make his stand stronger by giving him more people to turn them in to Gintama fans.

Oh, speaking of animals!
'Destroy animals they can't find a home for'. Am I reading this correctly?

Not necessarily.
For an average person who doesn't do that sort of thing or any muscle training, sure.
But let's use me as a kinda-strong, lifted at one point example.
I can curl 25 pounds with each arm.
Swinging around a 5 pound weight is fucking nothing, even a fairly long one. And we're talking a 2-handed weapon here. That shit's easy.
The most important thing about swinging any weapon around is the balance of the weapon itself. If it's balanced well, then the weight isn't unwieldy, just kinda there.

Two handed weapons need to be balanced for lean.

semisonic

Banned
You'll only make his stand stronger by giving him more people to turn them in to Gintama fans.

'Destroy animals they can't find a home for'. Am I read this correctly?

Oh yeah that's totally a thing.
I used to work(volunteer, of course) at one of the shelters that didn't kill the animals. You may not really think so but it ain't cheap to feed that many dogs and take care of them, especially given that the rate of adoption is lower than you would expect. If you're trying to sell a puppy, and you're not sure how long its going to be around for(we had some for like 3 months), it's not entirely unreasonable to ask for some money. 1500 is a bit much, but that also covers the salaries of those who do this full time, as their jobs. I can understand it.

Rizzi

Of course, they're still a business right? The up front cost of donating seems a bit much, but I can see where their interests lie.

Now this is an entrance.

It bothered me is all.
Hey we want to save animals! Also we require a non optional donation of a specified amount before we will save this animal.

Beloved

Clearly. I think it has something to do with them being stolen from 'terrible' people who 'abuse' them and they're 'beyond help'. Don't quote me on that though, my memory is shit teir.

They don't operate no kill shelters. So they get their hands on strays and so-called abused animals and put them in their shelters, but if they are there too long they get killed.

So they've killed thousands of animals because of the way their "shelters" operate.

They don't operate no kill shelters. So they get their hands on strays and so-called abused animals and put them in their shelters, but if they are there too long they get killed.

So they've killed thousands of animals because of the way their "shelters" operate.
That's it. And am i wrong in thinking they straight up steal pets from people? I swear I heard that from somewhere.

It's nature baby.

It's lovely, no one wants this animal so therefore its life is meaningless so lets just kill it!

Wonderful logic there..

Speaking of chocolate I want my chocolate milk junior

-takes a half gallon of chocolate milk and pours it on the ground-

light-s-laugh-o.gif

Yes. Shelters can run outta room super fast, and some animals are too far gone to be adopted or they aren't cute enough, or any number of reasons. It's sad, but that's reality.

Oh yeah that's totally a thing.
I used to work(volunteer, of course) at one of the shelters that didn't kill the animals. You may not really think so but it ain't cheap to feed that many dogs and take care of them, especially given that the rate of adoption is lower than you would expect. If you're trying to sell a puppy, and you're not sure how long its going to be around for(we had some for like 3 months), it's not entirely unreasonable to ask for some money. 1500 is a bit much, but that also covers the salaries of those who do this full time, as their jobs. I can understand it.
Oh man that's just awful.

Beloved

That's it. And am i wrong in thinking they straight up steal pets from people? I swear I heard that from somewhere.

I've heard they used questionable methods at times to get people's pets, but I'm not sure if that's confirmed or people exaggerating. Regardless, they are shit.

It's nature baby.

It's lovely, no one wants this animal so therefore its life is meaningless so lets just kill it!

Wonderful logic there..

Yeaaaah. They can fuck right off.

YO IF I BECAME BLACK DYNAMITE THAT SHIT WOULD BE HYPE
I've heard they used questionable methods at times to get people's pets, but I'm not sure if that's confirmed or people exaggerating. Regardless, they are shit.

Yeaaaah. They can fuck right off.
I've always thought the idea of a place where unwanted animals could go where they could just go and be free was always cool, too bad it will never happen because land development.

Good lord that sounds terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom