• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloved

Sick! Update on that school thing I talked about earlier:
It's a no-go. I can make the test and whatnot, but I won't be getting my degree and will have to follow five weeks of class next year (as in, just be present in class) just to get it.

Guess I'll have to find a completely unrelated part-time job for half a year. Guess life is telling me to practice flipping burgers.

Wtf. This is the first I'm hearing about this so I don't know all the context but that seems....extremely unreasonable.

Sick! Update on that school thing I talked about earlier:
It's a no-go. I can make the test and whatnot, but I won't be getting my degree and will have to follow five weeks of class next year (as in, just be present in class) just to get it.

Guess I'll have to find a completely unrelated part-time job for half a year. Guess life is telling me to practice flipping burgers.
Well fuck dude. At least you can manage.
RecursiveFault X Mrgoodwil OTP
Goodwil's pretty cute if I say so myself
Fuck man, you've aged two years in the past 12 hours.

You gotta slow down!

That's crazy, so did the new guy

That's great to hear, especially on your birthday. Happy birthday RecursiveFraudwil!

Goodwil had 2 birthdays back to back? What a lucky guy!
tumblr_static_39tdo5p1ybokss4wcsgkgc8wc.gif

Girl came out wearing nothing but a corset carrying a riding crop and said 'this'll best the best night of your life'. That was a kittle intimidating for me who has no experience with that stuff at all. And like i said, drunk me's a total pansy ass.

Oh my God...

*Jelly intensifies*

Real war isn't ever 1v1, and it still is way more effective assuming the guy isn't anywhere close.

But we're not talking about large scale war. We were talking about cool vs effective weapons.

Archers and Spears are cool weapons, but that small point of impact isn't enough to be a convincing weapon against standard armor and they both become trivialized in 1v1.

Going up against 100-200 archers or 100-200 lancers would be a different story.

Girl came out wearing nothing but a corset carrying a riding crop and said 'this'll best the best night of your life'. That was a kittle intimidating for me who has no experience with that stuff at all. And like i said, drunk me's a total pansy ass.

I hope you delivered the goods.

But we're not talking about large scale war. We were talking about cool vs effective weapons.

Archers and Spears are cool weapons, but that small point of impact isn't enough to be a convincing weapon against standard armor and they both become trivialized in 1v1.

"Effective" translated to how they were intended to be used in my mind. We'd need details on the setting of the fight for me to be pedantic about what's best in a 1v1
Yeah. The study demands either perfect attendance or one absence per semester with a valid, promptly mentioned reason.
Decision was made so I guess you gotta roll with it. Best of luck man!

<.< It's times like that were you just kinda need to grab life by the hair and be manly.

You're assuming that's all they have. Like Snipers today, they have multiple weapons on them, for emergencies, typically a small side sword.

Okingjrr

That sucks, but at least you're nearly done.

I'm good, only been awake about an hour so haven't done much yet besides have my coffee and some granola for brekkie, read JoJo, and post here. xD
Yea, plus I'm advancing pretty well in the project but it's the final few things that are annoying me, but whatever.

Cool! How far are you in JoJo? I just might finish part 4 today, despite starting it before TechnicaUS even start reading JoJo :p
When did you get so old? We missed out a couple of your birthdays.

Beloved

Yea, plus I'm advancing pretty well in the project but it's the final few things that are annoying me, but whatever.

Cool! How far are you in JoJo? I just might finish part 4 today, despite starting it before TechnicaUS even start reading JoJo :p

You'll get through it.

And I just finished the "I''m An Alien" story in Part 4.

It's a no-exceptions situation. It is unreasonable, but nothing to do about it now.

That's unfortunate. I guess overall though it's a minor setback, so you'll be fine.

I wouldn't underestimate what the range of spears and similar weapons can bring to a battle.

Sure, but why poke when you can smash?

Ooh. Then yeah, Mace and shield or the like if we're armored up.

Claymore two handed. Smash shit and it doesn't require high proficiency to wield.

People like the idea of animal protection, I've yet to meet somebody who vehemently defends PETA themselves.

PETA suggests to pet owners to put down their own animals when they're sick. That's doesn't jive with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom