• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

semisonic

Banned
HOLD THE FUCK UP ALLL OF THE FUCKING DONKEY KONG COUNTRY AND DONKEY KONG LAND GAMES ARE ON VIRTUAL CONSOLE RIGHT NOW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWDFolSymws

OH FUCK
DKC one is legitimately my favorite retro platformer. I just love the feel of DK's weighty girth. And that fucking music tho...
It's so good.
I tried dkc2 and despite better level design, diddy and dixie just felt too light. It felt wrong, and so I never beat it.
TF and Returns are both godlike tho.
FCed returns save mirror mode, and also 100%ed TF save like 2/3 of hard mode.
Every puzzle piece.
Every kong letter.
Those games are masterworks

All my dogs my family and I got growing up were from shelters. I've always been a little proud of that.

Neat. Might buy DKC2 and decide if I like these games. I hated DKC1 as a kid.

I never had a shelter dog, but would love to get all of them. Life isn't fair man.

DKC2 is the best Rare game, and is so much better than DKC1. DKC3 isn't good.

Xiraiya

Neat. Might buy DKC2 and decide if I like these games. I hated DKC1 as a kid.

Really? I thought DKC1 was fine when I was like 6, then I think around 7 I got DKC2 and THAT was the hype game of the series for sure.

DKC3 was good in some ways but also felt like a bootleg with some of the ways enemies looked.

Really? I thought DKC1 was fine when I was like 6, then I think around 7 I got DKC2 and THAT was the hype game of the series for sure.

DKC3 was good in some ways but also felt like a bootleg with some of the ways enemies looked.

I never had a shelter dog, but would love to get all of them. Life isn't fair man.

DKC2 is the best Rare game, and is so much better than DKC1. DKC3 isn't good.
Hearing the general opinion of DKC2>1 really inspires me to give it another shot. Good luck on getting a Dog eventually Banana.

semisonic

Banned
Every single Rare game I played as a kid was awful. DK64, DKC, Starfox: Adventures.

Now I've played Viva Piñata and Perfect Dark, and really like those games.

I'm sorry, when did skLa hack your account?
Did you just call DK64 shitty?
AND DKC?
Do you just not like fun?
How did you feel about Banjo Kazooie and Tooie? Conker? SF64?
Jeez guy

It pains me to hear that there are Rare games that will never make a reappearance onto a Nintendo console or handheld that has everything to do with Rare being owned by Microsoft.

I'm sorry, when did skLa hack your account?
Did you just call DK64 shitty?
AND DKC?
Do you just not like fun?
How did you feel about Banjo Kazooie and Tooie? Conker? SF64?
Jeez guy
Lolwhat, they didn't make Starfox 64. Just Stairfax:Temperatures.

My hate for DK64 is unbridled rage. DK rap is the best part of that game by miles.

semisonic

Banned

My hate for DK64 is unbridled rage. DK rap is the best part of that game by miles.

my bad
WAIT NO THAT DOESN'T MATTER BEEF CONFIRMED
if i still didn't have this philosophy paper due in 2 hours I would be all up in your face so fucking hard right now.
OH GOD I HAVE AN UNSTARTED PHILOSOPHY PAPER DUE IN 2 HOURS
OH FUCK

It pains me to hear that there are Rare games that will never make a reappearance onto a Nintendo console or handheld that has everything to do with Rare being owned by Microsoft.
The 360 rerelease of PD is how I played it. Cool game.
my bad
WAIT NO THAT DOESN'T MATTER BEEF CONFIRMED
if i still didn't have this philosophy paper due in 2 hours I would be all up in your face so fucking hard right now.
OH GOD I HAVE AN UNSTARTED PHILOSOPHY PAPER DUE IN 2 HOURS
OH FUCK
You'll have to take me through this monkey rap another time.
DK64 is super shit. If it didn't spawn the DK Rap, that game would have no redeeming traits.
ThisManKnow

Xiraiya

Hearing the general opinion of DKC2>1 really inspires me to give it another shot. Good luck on getting a Dog eventually Banana.

For some reason the Pirate setting just works perfectly for Donkey Kong, it's also a much longer and harder game, I could beat DKC1 in an Afternoon but it took me ages to get through 2 and I never finished it until I was older since I got stuck on a late game level.

I'm at like chapter 132 in Akumetsu. It is really cool and shit. I might take a break and go back to Franken Fran for a bit.

Seeing as the Bondathon is coming back and I never watched the old ones I think I'll go through them now.

DK64 is super shit. If it didn't spawn the DK Rap, that game would have no redeeming traits.

DK64 is super boring. For some reason Banjo Kazooie is a little better in the collect-a-thon respect. The bright colors helped.

Don't let Jontron's biases cloud your own judgment of Starfox Adventures. It's an okay game, but a shit Starfox that was lacking in space shooting.

If you didn't like DK64, then you won't like Banjo Kazooie. It's a collect-a-thon. But you'll like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, DK Racing, and Conker's Bad Fur Day

mrmyhthef

OH MAN FUCK ALL YOU GUYS CAN YOU PLEASE PUT OFF THE SHITTENING UNTIL I GET BACK

tumblr_mddxtabRi41rkey39o2_r2_400.gif

I feel like watching some Final Fantasy: Spirits Within

I don't care what any of you say, that movie is one of the best Sci-fi films ever made.

GOOD LORD

I'm convinced they were taking the piss.

I feel like watching some Final Fantasy: Spirits Within
I don't care what any of you say, that movie is one of the best Sci-fi films ever made.
GOOD LORD

I saw that movie in theaters day of release and dragged my dad to go see it.

He fell asleep and I was confused as to what the fuck I was watching.

I guess. I kinda conflate Perfect Dark with horrible inconsistent framerates.

I heard Viva Pinata is pretty good though.
Viva is a really solid garden builder sim management thingy. Only downside is how limited you are early on.
Don't let Jontron's biases cloud your own judgment of Starfox Adventures. It's an okay game, but a shit Starfox that was lacking in space shooting.

If you didn't like DK64, then you won't like Banjo Kazooie. It's a collect-a-thon. But you'll like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, DK Racing, and Conker's Bad Fur Day
Oh no, I had Stairfax as a kid. I loathed it on my own. That's pretty much what I figured about Banjo, especially since I watch the Grumps play it way back. I'll try out Conker and Diddy racing more sometime. I do like PD.

Skrams

DK64 is super boring. For some reason Banjo Kazooie is a little better in the collect-a-thon respect. The bright colors helped.

I might be mistaken, but in DK64 you need to collect 100 bananas 5 different times in each level with the 5 different characters. Banjo Kazooie is nowhere fucking close to that pain. Banjo Kazooie is a legit 3D platformer of the era not unlike Super Mario 64. It's a great game while DK64 is the definition of collectathon.

Also Blast Corps is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom