• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

I might be mistaken, but in DK64 you need to collect 100 bananas 5 different times in each level with the 5 different characters. Banjo Kazooie is nowhere fucking close to that pain. Banjo Kazooie is a legit 3D platformer of the era not unlike Super Mario 64. It's a great game while DK64 is the definition of collectathon.

Also Blast Corps is cool.

I never cared for Banjo, and DK64 is outrageously long and painful but it had Multiplayer deathmatch and stuff which COULD sometimes be pretty fun as you could play as some of the enemies.

Conker was the best Platformer though.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I feel like watching some Final Fantasy: Spirits Within

I don't care what any of you say, that movie is one of the best Sci-fi films ever made.

GOOD LORD

111.gif

I might be mistaken, but in DK64 you need to collect 100 bananas 5 different times in each level with the 5 different characters. Banjo Kazooie is nowhere fucking close to that pain. Banjo Kazooie is a legit 3D platformer of the era not unlike Super Mario 64. It's a great game while DK64 is the definition of collectathon.

Also Blast Corps is cool.

I agree, but you're still collecting things. SM64 hides it much better with just the stars and the coins and having each star be an objective.

I never felt any sense of objectives with Banjo 1 or 2, but it's been a long tine since I played that game.

Zenfalcia

He could be 1000 years old and still look underaged.
He must be a dragon.
h bby I'm so excited.
Prepare to be dissapointed.
The picture is funnier with the context that she just threw up... I wish the anime had a second season.. ;_;
Oooh, good luck on your first day!

Lawd, just when I thought PETA couldn't possibly reach a new level of ignorance.
This isn't even their final form.
Well, that midterm was awful. I'm not looking forward to getting the results.

Also, Rare games were great. Too bad they aged like shit.
It's fine...

I agree, but you're still collecting things. SM64 hides it much better with just the stars and the coins and having each star be an objective.

I never felt any sense of objectives with Banjo 1 or 2, but it's been a long tine since I played that game.
Best 3D Mario levels are the ones where the Collectable is just at the end of the stage. Fuck collectathons.

Xiraiya

I thought Spirits Within was interesting, I was mainly annoyed that it had nothing to do with the game series in any way, I think the setting had potential, the plot seemed kind of... pointless I guess.

joe2187

Banned
I feel like watching some Final Fantasy: Spirits Within

I don't care what any of you say, that movie is one of the best Sci-fi films ever made.

GOOD LORD

Imagine if it was published by Capcom.

"Man look at that sweet plasma TV, I bet I could play DmC on that I dont care what anyone says, DmC was a good game and the new Dante is hot."

Xiraiya

Imagine if it was published by Capcom.
"Man look at that sweet plasma TV, I bet I could play DmC on that I dont care what anyone says, DmC was a good game and the new Dante is hot."

I really don't think it was a publisher thing, or at the very least not something SE asked for, it's way too old and obscure.

semisonic

Banned
I thought Spirits Within was interesting, I was mainly annoyed that it had nothing to do with the game series in any way, I think the setting had potential, the plot seemed kind of... pointless I guess.

I'm still lurking, and had to say that spirits within was my first exposure to final fantasy.
Honestly?
It wasn't bad. I didn't hate it. It just wasn't a final fantasy movie.
Also my first exposure to final fantasy as a game was dirge of cerberus. And now guess why I don't really like final fantasy games beyond tactics.
Music is still goddam sick tho.
Man does his job and does it well.

I really don't think it was a publisher thing, or at the very least not something SE asked for, it's way too old and obscure.

Whatever was the cause it's just revolting. I haven't seen the film so I can't speak for it's quality, but it really doesn't matter whether it's good or bad. Just don't do that for anything.

That's the disgusting kind of product placement.

Well people still like them, especially Assassin's Creed fans
:3
Those games have a storyline too though.
I find myself hating a vast majority of collectables in games, I think. Vast majority of games use them extremely poorly as padding. Arkham Asylum was the only time getting them all was somewhat fun.

I find myself hating a vast majority of collectables in games, I think. Vast majority of games use them extremely poorly as padding. Arkham Asylum was the only time getting them all was somewhat fun.

I liked getting the riddler trophies in arkham city, I think I'm crazy

Mathaou

legacy of cane

The only collectables I've really loved have been optional items that tie into the story. A la getting every heart and bottle in a zelda game. MM was amazing because getting all the masks and items was fun.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Aw man, my monster hunter and bebop dvds have gotten here!

I hate it when that happens. You thought there would be a buffer between the two so you could enjoy one and then enjoy the other, but now they are both available. Which one do you choose?

In the case that you are excited that that happened, nice.

Sick! Update on that school thing I talked about earlier:
It's a no-go. I can make the test and whatnot, but I won't be getting my degree and will have to follow five weeks of class next year (as in, just be present in class) just to get it.

Guess I'll have to find a completely unrelated part-time job for half a year. Guess life is telling me to practice flipping burgers.
Damn that is awful to hear. I can't believe they are that strict in attendance.

No bady knows what i look like tho and no, you're not getting a selfie from me.
Is it because secretly you are the one who trapped us here and you are only amoung us for your sick entertainment?

Probably xD

How's everyone today?
Judging from some of the earlier conversations I would say people are feeling good.

The only collectables I've really loved have been optional items that tie into the story. A la getting every heart and bottle in a zelda game. MM was amazing because getting all the masks and items was fun.
I think you mean "gameplay" and not story. Or maybe you mean story.

Having a form of positive reinforcement makes them fine, but I hate gold skulltullas in OOT and the hidden fairies in MM temples.

I hate it when that happens. You thought there would be a buffer between the two so you could enjoy one and then enjoy the other, but now they are both available. Which one do you choose?

In the case that you are excited that that happened, nice.
Shit, i was hyped but i do have to choose! Oh no! Probably monhun since I've already seen bebop.

Beloved

So today I was supposed to have a test at 8AM, but because of weather my school was closed until 10AM. So I assumed we wouldn't be having the test today.

But a few minutes ago one of my friends texted me and was like "Where are you, we're about to take the test"

Wtf...my teacher didn't send out an announcement about it or anything so I'm like ?????????????

Whatever was the cause it's just revolting. I haven't seen the film so I can't speak for it's quality, but it really doesn't matter whether it's good or bad. Just don't do that for anything.

Product placement for a 14 year old movie?
Well, there are a lot of collectables in the AC games.
Cheevos and special amor is what they unlock mainly.

I know it has collectibles, but if they're not mandatory then it's not a collectathon.

That movie has been out for years, it's not product placement it's just a small reference that you're gonna forgot about in 5 minutes

So today I was supposed to have a test at 8AM, but because of weather my school was closed until 10AM. So I assumed we wouldn't be having the test today.

But a few minutes ago one of my friends texted me and was like "Where are you, we're about to take the test"

Wtf...my teacher didn't send out an announcement about it or anything so I'm like ?????????????

That totally sounds like something college would do. Especially mine which didn't close until after all the power/internet was out during Hurricane Sandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom