• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloved

pvziIgP.jpg

Just to show how even a picture with normal lighting with have white swatch as many shades. Took swatches from between the lightest and darkest points of my sister in laws white outfit.

That's just how it works.

Squishy3

It's breaking me. I've changed angles, adjusted my RGB, looked at it on four different monitors, and I ain't seeing a white dress with gold frills.

Oh God, I already don't have depth perception! What did I do to deserve these eyes!?
I see white and gold and can perceive the white as blue if I stare at it long enough but can't turn the gold into black.

ultimax

Just to show how even a picture with normal lighting with have white swatch as many shades. Took swatches from between the lightest and darkest points of my sister in laws white outfit.

That's just how it works.
The thing is I don't really care what color the dress actually is, but what I'm losing my mind over is that I'm seeing different colors now. First the dress was white and then when I pulled up the picture again Its blue

Alfebit

Banned
The thing is I don't really care what color the dress actually is, but what I'm losing my mind over is that I'm seeing different colors now. First the dress was white and then when I pulled up the picture again Its blue

This is exactly what happened to me. It was fucking white and gold when I made that joke but then I went back and it became blue and black like a really deep blue not this oh maybe it's the lighting making it look kind of dark no fuck you that shit is blue now and I don't know what's happening to me.

This really is some Jojo shit.

I'm just gonna quote from the thread:

Your eyes have retinas, the things that let you interpret color. There’s rods, round things, and cones that stick out, which is what gives your eye a textured appearance in the colored part. The “cones” see color. The “rods” see shade, like black, white and grey. Cones only work when enough light passes through. So while I see the fabric as white, someone else may see it as blue because my cones aren’t responding to the dim lighting. My rods see it as a shade (white). There’s three cones, small, medium and large. They are blue sensitive, green sensitive, and red sensitive.
As for the black bit (which I see as gold), it’s called additive mixing. Blue, green and red are the main colors for additive mixing. This is where it gets really tricky. Subtractive mixing, such as with paint, means the more colors you add the murkier it gets until it’s black. ADDITIVE mixing, when you add the three colors eyes see best, red, green and blue, (not to be confused with primary colors red, blue and yellow) it makes pure white.

—Blue and Black: In conclusion, your retina’s cones are more high functioning, and this results in your eyes doing subtractive mixing.

—White and Gold: our eyes don’t work well in dim light so our retinas rods see white, and this makes them less light sensitive, causing additive mixing, (that of green and red), to make gold.

**** UPDATE to prove this theory I turned my phone brightness from the lowest to highest and saw it switching from white and gold (at the lowest) to light blue and darker gold (at the highest) meaning people that see blue and black are more sensitive to light (better eyesight and not looking at the sun like your moms told you)

**Also if you see white and gold sometimes, blue and black another, or a combination of the two, your eyes are very average, and it could change because of YOUR rooms lighting or the tilt of your phone. This is the same manipulation they use for optical illusions

360pages

For those with Pokémon Battle Trozie, does it use the L or R buttons at all? Because mine is locked for some reason and I can't play any game using the R button until I fix it...because it is always on and active messing up menus and movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom