• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

beinfilms

If anyone pays for a Wolfram Alpha subscription, we can solve this pretty easily: just have it analyze the picture for colors. (I think that's a thing you can do, anyway.)

Took a picture on my phone, what colour is it?
bL2oY3D.jpg

ultimax

did you know that men are way more likely than women to be colour blind?

I see white and gold. The lighting of the picture does give it a slight blue tinge though.
I'm not color blind though! skLa is, I'm curious what he has to say. I'm just confused because I saw white first, and now I dont

Xiraiya

I see white and gold. The lighting of the picture does give it a slight blue tinge though.

That's what I thought, it's lighting that I immediately saw through so my mind removed that and I could tell it probably would be White/gold in a neutral light, so I don't know where people are getting black from unless they're talking about shadows or something, that's kind of ridiculous.

The blue is understandable if you're not thinking of lighting.

did you know that men are way more likely than women to be colour blind?

I'm already blind enough. I don't need the knowledge that everything I know about colors could be a lie.

If I don't know how people are seeing white, I super don't know how people can see gold.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Whether or not you know the actual lighting of the dress, it still looks white and gold. It certainly doesn't look blue and black to me, if it is.

beinfilms

3 of the 4 other people in my room agreed that it's blue and black without my saying anything about what I saw. The fourth saw blue and brown (fading into black, whatever that means).

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?

Archgan

This shirt is messing with my mind. I definitely see it as blue and black across most of it, but the top of the dress definitely looks gold.

Xiraiya

You guys are being stupid, it's just white and gold, I don't know where the hell you're getting black from, it's very clearly a yellowy/gold/bronze color.
White often looks bluish in the day time depending on the lighting, but you can still tell it's suppose to be white.

I'm also not colorblind.

Took a picture on my phone, what colour is it?
Because of how garbage the quality is, it's dark and fucked up, so half of the gold in your screenshot became almost black, it's still white and gold though, that image is not going to help their confusion.

ultimax

what if Abu is fucking with us and just asked a couple other people to say it was Gold and white, because that shit is black and blue.
While that is something I would probably do, I'm being dead serious right now. I'm losing my mind over this

Basically what Alfebit is saying. The dress did a god damn color change on me

Well, obviously it's blue and gold...

What? Ok now I'm curious as to what is going on with this haunted dress.

It's a somewhat dark room with a bit of light behind and above the laptop
It's the lighting they have on the dress, it's probably light blue, and since it's a white dress the light blue lighting is going to reflect off of the white giving the illusion that the dress is blue.

Beloved

Saved the image, did color swatches.

olatOs5.jpg

Hopefully that clears it up. CLEARLY that is in fact a bronzy color and white that has a blue tint from lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom