• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You fuckers are still stuck with me.

And unlike Zed, I adore zoning characters.
You like Yukiko the persona 4 character or you like Yukiko in Ultimax? Btw I used to play Yukiko back in P4A

Like anyone but us is watching Arc V.

They should be--best Yugioh since the original--but they're not.

Zed was watching it but he hasn't caught up and I don't think he will in a long time. But yea Arc-V is reeeally good.

Skrams

Nope, he just walked in on me playing Ultimax and was like "You're going to sleep now, at the very least before midnight, otherwise you won't be able to wake up at 7 in the morning tomorrow."

To which I told him that I don't have stuff to do that early in the day. He was like "THAT'S THE PROBLEM, ISN'T IT?"

Cue a whole bunch of implicit and explicit judgments about my life choices and tastes, as well as him apparently lusting over the HDTV he gifted me like 4 Christmases ago, saying that "it would be better used in my room and not yours".

Also cue him saying "but I don't mean to hurt you" like every minute or so.

I went from zero to laughs at not having to wake up at 7 being a problem. What a weird jab at a fucking christmas present too. Am I getting your dad confused for foxhound's with the one who actually said shit like Ultimax was chinese cartoons and then proceeded to say five dolla and shit?

I CANT BELEIVE THEY SELL THAT ONE AT HOT TOPIC

I'm in checkout as we speak.

Ilvocare

Oh jeez I'm sorry but lol at having nothing to do in the morning being a problem.

It's because he's still under the impression that the only way to live is to have a proper 9 to 5 job, and every day that I don't have a "proper job" simply worries him more. He's also 60+ years in age so explaining anything that I now enjoy to him is a lost fucking cause.

I should probably label this under RealGAF but I'm not mad or sad. I'm just... here.

144947-otaku_pillow_orgy_super.jpg

everytime i enter this thread.

This is false, I would be the guy holding a dakimakura with no picture or image on it whatsoever. I like anime but not enough to invest in a true waifu.

Just looked these cards up.

What the fuck is a pendulum monster?

New summoning method this series. Basically you set two "pendulum" monsters on either end of your board, and you can summon whatever the fuck you want as long as their levels are between the scales. So if you set a 1 and a 9, you can summon as many 2-8 level monsters as you please (and board space allows). Special summoning so no tributes required.

Ilvocare

You like Yukiko the persona 4 character or you like Yukiko in Ultimax? Btw I used to play Yukiko back in P4A

I legit like Yukiko a LOT in the original P4. Rise baaaaaaarely wins out there, though.

In Arena, upon playing Yukiko's story mode the bigger picture of her circumstances kinda clicked for me and I kinda like her more than Rise now. Mainly because there's more that the two of us share in common than I originally expected. Hence, it's easiest to empathize with the character who is closest to your experiences in concept.

I went from zero to laughs at not having to wake up at 7 being a problem. What a weird jab at a fucking christmas present too. Am I getting your dad confused for foxhound's with the one who actually said shit like Ultimax was chinese cartoons and then proceeded to say five dolla and shit?

Pretty sure our dads are different. My dad is straight-up bizarre at times, to the point where I can't tell whether to laugh at his ignorance or get mad at his bluntness.

GG Ultimax guys. I need to watch the new SH2 LP.
I legit like Yukiko a LOT in the original P4. Rise baaaaaaarely wins out there, though.

In Arena, upon playing Yukiko's story mode the bigger picture of her circumstances kinda clicked for me and I kinda like her more than Rise now. Mainly because there's more that the two of us share in common than I originally expected. Hence, it's easiest to empathize with the character who is closest to your experiences in concept.
I agree. It's also one of the main reasons I like Lisa so much from P2. Having relatable characters is pretty important to their likability.

GGs in Ultimax people. Everyone play a zoning character against Dreamcast, he needs the practice

Jokes, love you man
Love you too dude.

Pretty sure our dads are different. My dad is straight-up bizarre at times, to the point where I can't tell whether to laugh at his ignorance or get mad at his bluntness.
I just liked her character arc which lots of people didnt understand. Even though it was pretty obvious.

Neol

New summoning method this series. Basically you set two "pendulum" monsters on either end of your board, and you can summon whatever the fuck you want as long as their levels are between the scales. So if you set a 1 and a 9, you can summon as many 2-8 level monsters as you please (and board space allows). Special summoning so no tributes required.

Jesus. Everytime I look at current day Yugioh I get blown away with how much easier it is to summon more than one 5+ star monster in one turn.

Used to play a lot when Warrior and Chaos decks were OP and I thought it couldn't get any more OP then chaos emperor dragon. Then I checked the scene a few years later and my mind was blown at endless dragon decks.

Can't wait for the inevitable
Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon fusion.

Alright we can all agree that Zexal is hot garbage at least?
Fusing a XYZ with a Pendulum? Is this even possible? There's probably going to be another fusion with the syncho dragon as well.
It's pretty obvious Yuya will obtain all the different summon variations of the dragons

Seems like a legit reason to like her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom