• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

croten

The games I'm excited for are Bloodborne, Borderlands, and Etrian Mystery.
Thanks to you guys I'm no longer a CoD fanboy.

guile-head-shake-o.gif

We're not doing our jobs right then.

Like the Xbox One the all in one entertainment system from Microsoft.
Nah I think he means the Wii U. Which is weird to think that the Wii U is the weaker hardware but makes things look amazing.
Yeah, cause dio's still alive. Again. Even though jotoro caved his stupid skull in. And his body parts were separated. And presumably kept under lock and key.
What makes you say that
dios still alive?

Every Character has a hidden set value that determines their growth in the game as they level up. Each Character has their own unique growth rates set and cannot be changed with the exception of a few Fire Emblem games that manipulate the growths with a particular skill, inheritance or class changes. So if a character has the growth of 50% on HP, every level up they will have a 50% chance of getting a +1 on HP.

Like the RNG for Hit percentages, when a character levels up, the RNG will roll a random number from 0-99 and if that number is less than or equal to the percentage of the specific stat growth, then they will gain a +1 on that specific stat. If it rolls a number higher than the stat percentage, then they will get nothing on that specific stat. Since the RNG only rolls one number and not the average of two, it does not have the bell effect that the hit percentages do. If the RNG screws you over with random numbers that are too high, you may not gain any stats when you level with the exception of Radiant Dawn where the game is rigged so you at least get 1 stat up every level.
There is no way of knowing in game exactly what each characters growth rates are and must be searched online.

We’ll use Hector’s growth rate as an example
HP ATT SKL SPD LUK DEF RES
90% 60% 45% 35% 30% 50% 25%
Using a random number generator it produces these numbers when he gains a level
70 22 92 50 92 3 22

This means Hector will gain HP+1, ATT+1, DEF+1 and RES+1 on this particular level up

Part 2 tomorrow

mike0dude

I would have gotten a ps4 over the wii u if blood borne was at 60
I'd have gotten a ps4 if it had any other games I gave a shit about on it. The only other game I'd want is yakuza 0 and one piece pirate warriors 3 but even then I could get those on ps3 with way shittier graphics and framerate to get that true cinematic feel.

Luka you're a piece of shit

I'd have gotten a ps4 if it had any other games I gave a shit about on it. The only other game I'd want is yakuza 0 and one piece pirate warriors 3 but even then I could get those on ps3 with way shittier graphics and framerate to get that true cinematic feel.

But persona 5! I actually don't know anything on that thing either

except the last of us at 60

Already have it. Only thing left is a PS4.
I am. unfortunately, I have no one to watch it with as everyone has either already watched it (most seem to dislike it or be indifferent towards it) and others refuse to touch SAO, so I'm going to watch it in a dark room with lots of booze.
I wish you all the luck in the world for you to get through it.

Awakening unfortunately made growth rates potentially irrelevant. Also Hector is god tier.
I'll talk about this in part 2

Xiraiya

I mainly want a PS4 for Bloodborne and things like LOU Remastered and P5, Yakuza games etc.

Most things like MGS5 I'll just play on PC since it'll be a much better experience.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I really don't need to rush into current gen with a Wii U, 3DS, and 360.

So I don't plan on doing so.

I really want Bloodbourne, but I might wait for the inevitable PS4 that is backwards compatible with everything. I have too many games to play.

I only want two games on PS4, and one if them is also on the PS3.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I mainly want a PS4 for Bloodborne and things like LOU Remastered and P5, Yakuza games etc.

Most things like MGS5 I'll just play on PC since it'll be a much better experience.

For people like me who don't have a good PC... I have one option.

Inevitable? We never really had a PS3 that was backwards compatible though did we?

What are you talking about? Mine is, it works fine with all my PS1 and PS2 games.

I really want Bloodbourne, but I might wait for the inevitable PS4 that is backwards compatible with everything. I have too many games to play.

I only want two games on PS4, and one if them is also on the PS3.

Inevitable? With Playstation Now it seems way more likely that it'll never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom