• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfebit

Banned
I really want Bloodbourne, but I might wait for the inevitable PS4 that is backwards compatible with everything. I have too many games to play.

I only want two games on PS4, and one if them is also on the PS3.

There's no way that's going to happen when they already have ps now. Why let you play the games you already bought when they can charge you to play them again.

Shackzam

I really want Bloodbourne, but I might wait for the inevitable PS4 that is backwards compatible with everything. I have too many games to play.

I only want two games on PS4, and one if them is also on the PS3.
The ps3 was only backwards compatible with the first version of it. I don't think the ps4 is gonna happen.

Update on that whole "possible cheater friend".

She went with him to the movies as friends, and then they apparently ended up kissing and she decided she had to break up with her current boyfriend immediately, and she had been thinking about it for about a year.

So I think she's kinda dumb, selfish, and waiting for someone new to push you out of your old relationship is mildly gross, but at least she didn't really cheat.

My other mutual friends are a lot more upset than I am.

Xiraiya

I think the original models had backwards compatibility, but they got rid of that in the newer ones for some reason.

That's ridiculous, I would totally pay for some kind of peripheral or device extension or something that allowed you to run PS2 and/or PS3 stuff on your PS4 without having to fucking re-buy everything and have multiple consoles set up.

Alfebit

Banned

She went with him to the movies as friends, and then they apparently ended up kissing and she decided she had to break up with her current boyfriend immediately, and she had been thinking about it for about a year.

So I think she's kinda dumb, selfish, and waiting for someone new to push you out of your old relationship is mildly gross, but at least she didn't really cheat.

That's still cheating.

mike0dude

That's ridiculous, I would totally pay for some kind of peripheral or device extension or something that allowed you to run PS2 and/or PS3 stuff on your PS4 without having to fucking re-buy everything and have multiple consoles set up.
Sony can't make any money on games you already own or can get used tho...

Shackzam

That's like Scott pilgrim cheating.

Just bought a Hori RAP.V for $112 so I guess i'll play some Xrd when that gets delivered. Feels good to have a current gen stick, im set for the next couple of years.

Xiraiya

While I usually have very little sympathy for people who screw around like that, in that context it sounds like the physical aspect of their relationship was probably already well and truly over at that point if she had been thinking about it for a year, so that little bit of overlap isn't quite the same as just screwing around behind someone's back.

In the strictest sense, it's cheating, but it's also a bit of grey area, I don't think you can truly hold it against someone at that point, it's just not worth it.
That's more of a case of not handling something as well as she should have.

Yeah. If she really did kiss him that's cheating.
She does seem kinda broken after the whole thing. If I can get that detail from her, herself later on I'll try to, but she seems to be a bit of a glass case.
While I usually have very little sympathy for people who screw around like that, in that context it sounds like the physical aspect of their relationship was probably already well and truly over at that point if she had been thinking about it for a year, so that little bit of overlap isn't quite the same as just screwing around behind someone's back.

In the strictest sense, it's cheating, but it's also a bit of grey area, I don't think you can truly hold it against someone at that point, it's just not worth it.
That's more of a case of not handling something as well as she should have.
It was a 6 year relationship. They saw each other like every week or every other week, and just texted all day every day,

mrmyhthef

Around a week. And im thinking of trying out Zato in Xrd, what's he like?

Sexy
zato-walkb.gif

I don't own Xrd

Xiraiya

You said the physical side was dead. I just gave info on it.

My point is if she's been thinking about ending it for a year, then to her the relationship is basically over, at that point the only thing making it a relationship is the other person thinking that they're still together, I have an extremely hard time believing the guy she was with thought everything was okay during that time, you cannot hide that sort of dissatisfaction for that long.
And if he had no clue, then well there you go, that tells you everything, should she have kissed that other guy? No, but it sounds like she didn't let it go further than that and that it also made her realize something she had known for awhile, that she had to end it.

Wouldn't it be easier to go up than down?
Enlarging a smaller image will always look shittier than shrinking down a bigger image, that's all there is to it.

Beloved

It was a 6 year relationship. They saw each other like every week or every other week, and just texted all day every day,

I definitely understand your reaction/perception of the situation but people always look at that kind of thing very black and white, everyone wants to hold someone to the standard of "If you dont want to be with someone just break up with them!" but feelings arent that cut and dry, and when you've invested YEARS into a relationship, you want it to work out even if deep down you know it wont.

I'm not justifying her kissing someone else before breaking up with her boyfriend, but more making the point that the realization that you aren't truly right for someone is usually a gradual realization and even when you know that is the case, its not like your feelings for that person just disappear. So it leads to a lot of doubt like "Is this just a rough patch and I'm overreacting?" versus "Deep down I know this isn't really the right relationship for either of us."

Unfortunately that means that sometimes it takes something a bit more drastic to make a person really face the truth.

I would too. I trust atlus though, and if they were smart, they developed p5 on the ps3 and then ported and upresed to the ps4. I'll bet that's waht they did.

Obviously development started on the ps3, though idk if I'd consider that smart. Atlus has a history of lagging behind on their software being on recent hardware. I think it'd be better for Atlus and especially Sony if they made it exclusive to PS4 because that game has enough fans where a lot of them would buy PS4's, especially ones bundled with P5. And it has the benefit of being a better game tech wise since it wouldn't be restricted by the PS3's hardware.

It'd be better now if Atlus moved straight to the PS4 and developed new games, especially SMT, for that because people are craving games, especially RPGs, on their PS4.

Obviously development started on the ps3, though idk if I'd consider that smart. Atlus has a history of lagging behind on their software being on recent hardware. I think it'd be better for Atlus and especially Sony if they made it exclusive to PS4 because that game has enough fans where a lot of them would buy PS4's, especially ones bundled with P5. And it has the benefit of being a better game tech wise since it wouldn't be restricted by the PS3's hardware.

It'd be better now if Atlus moved straight to the PS4 and developed new games, especially SMT, for that because people are craving games, especially RPGs, on their PS4.
But what about the people who havent moved to PS4 yet because of the price? I think its better that they made it for both. One hand you have the people who only have a ps4 and on the other you have people who dont have a ps4 yet and only a ps3. The persona games have always had a lot of polish even for being late console generation games. I mean p4 and p3 both came out when the ps3 was already out and look amazing.

I definitely understand your reaction/perception of the situation but people always look at that kind of thing very black and white, everyone wants to hold someone to the standard of "If you dont want to be with someone just break up with them!" but feelings arent that cut and dry, and when you've invested YEARS into a relationship, you want it to work out even if deep down you know it wont.

I'm not justifying her kissing someone else before breaking up with her boyfriend, but more making the point that the realization that you aren't truly right for someone is usually a gradual realization and even when you know that is the case, its not like your feelings for that person just disappear. So it leads to a lot of doubt like "Is this just a rough patch and I'm overreacting?" versus "Deep down I know this isn't really the right relationship for either of us."

Unfortunately that means that sometimes it takes something a bit more drastic to make a person really face the truth.
I get that the intention wasn't bad, and she's going through her own insane roller coaster of emotions, but I at least feel I need to make clear how cheating is actually terrible. She's the kind of person I can see harboring no regrets over doing something horrible.

Anyway, I'll wait until she's willing to give me more details.

No, that's still cheating.

But what about the people who havent moved to PS4 yet because of the price? I think its better that they made it for both. One hand you have the people who only have a ps4 and on the other you have people who dont have a ps4 yet and only a ps3. The persona games have always had a lot of polish even for being late console generation games. I mean p4 and p3 both came out when the ps3 was already out and look amazing.

Japan is full of lots of huge Persona fans. A lot of people in Japan haven't bought PS4's yet. Make P5 exclusive to PS4 and with the right marketing and suddenly PS4 sales, especially in Japan, will go up. Of course, something like that would be more benefitial to Sony, but in the long run, it will be better for Atlus so that not only will their assets, especially for the demons, already be on the current consoles, but all their models, art, etc. will already be developed for the better looking console and future SMT/Persona games won't require remodelling of those assets that had to be downgraded because of the PS3. Though I could just be talking out of my ass and having no idea what I'm talking about.

Now for the realistic and way more likely scenario, Persona 5 is coming out on both consoles, but the more than inevitable revision will be exclusive to PS4, forcing people to move to next gen while still giving Atlus a lot of sales off P5.

Beloved

I get that the intention wasn't bad, and she's going through her own insane roller coaster of emotions, but I at least feel I need to make clear how cheating is actually terrible. She's the kind of person I can see harboring no regrets over doing something horrible.

Anyway, I'll wait until she's willing to give me more details.

What's done is done, what matters now is if she learns from it and becomes a better person.

Every single person makes mistakes and hurts people, so in my mind the thing that matters more than those actual mistakes is how they grow or change because of those actions versus not learning or growing and excusing their reckless/hurtful behavior.

Xiraiya

You think it's better because you have a PS3 and not a PS4, your view is irrelevant at that point.

There is really no good reason to keep releasing games on the PS3 and PS4 together, not only does the split release and development slow down the natural progression born from understanding the PS4 hardware, but the games themselves aren't pushing any limits at that point at all, just so they can be adaptable to older hardware.

As someone who only bought a PS3 in 2010, it's unfortunate the stuff I have can't just be moved to a PS4 when I get one, but at the same time it feels goddamn pointless to buy games that come out on both because at some point soon the PS3 will no longer be supported and will slowly go away while they keep improving the PS4 and releasing stuff on it.

They should have either dropped PS3 development entirely when 4 came out, or just have it so PS3 games being made were just that, PS3 games, and not have this stupid pattern of making the same game for both Playstation consoles where one looks slightly nicer.

What's done is done, what matters now is if she learns from it and becomes a better person.

Every single person makes mistakes and hurts people, so in my mind the thing that matters more than those actual mistakes is how they grow or change because of those actions versus not learning or growing and excusing their reckless/hurtful behavior.
For sure, and knowing her, I'm afraid she thinks what she did was 100% a-ok no problemo. I just wanna make sure she doesn't think it's actually fine. It's complex and she didn't mean bad, but she still did the wrong thing.

I honestly doubt she would give it a second thought unless I talk to her about it, again though, I'll wait till she's ready to discuss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom