• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously development started on the ps3, though idk if I'd consider that smart. Atlus has a history of lagging behind on their software being on recent hardware. I think it'd be better for Atlus and especially Sony if they made it exclusive to PS4 because that game has enough fans where a lot of them would buy PS4's, especially ones bundled with P5. And it has the benefit of being a better game tech wise since it wouldn't be restricted by the PS3's hardware.

It'd be better now if Atlus moved straight to the PS4 and developed new games, especially SMT, for that because people are craving games, especially RPGs, on their PS4.
I think you may have misunderstood me. I wasn't talkin about which console to put it on, cause the ps4 exclusively would be for sure. I meant if for some reason they had to do both, starting on the ps3 would be better.

There is really no good reason to keep releasing games on the PS3 and PS4 together, not only does the split release and development slow down the natural progression born from understanding the PS4 hardware, but the games themselves aren't pushing any limits at that point at all, just so they can be adaptable to older hardware.
Psst, SALES

Xiraiya

For sure, and knowing her, I'm afraid she thinks what she did was 100% a-ok no problemo. I just wanna make sure she doesn't think it's actually fine. It's complex and she didn't mean bad, but she still did the wrong thing.
I honestly doubt she would give it a second thought unless I talk to her about it, again though, I'll wait till she's ready to discuss it.

I'm sure there's a lot going through her head, honestly I'd leave it alone since it's probably none of your business in the end and years from now won't even matter to anyone, again, it wasn't like she was consistently seeing a guy behind her boyfriend's back, it was a mistake, and not even one nearly as bad as it could have been.

54c0293f4fb285898b8eb5d97902d2e7_large.jpg

Fucking hype

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1145990096/strength-of-the-sword-ultimate/posts

But what about the people who havent moved to PS4 yet because of the price? I think its better that they made it for both. One hand you have the people who only have a ps4 and on the other you have people who dont have a ps4 yet and only a ps3. The persona games have always had a lot of polish even for being late console generation games. I mean p4 and p3 both came out when the ps3 was already out and look amazing.

Sony doesn't, and should care if slow adapters get screwed over. The PS4 was dead on arrival in Japan, and it is up to them to salvage something. P5 could do it, but Atlus doesn't seem to be budging.

I'm a little surprised that the last gen version hasn't been cancelled. Guess Sony couldn't offer enough to make up for the lost sales.

I think you may have misunderstood me. I wasn't talkin about which console to put it on, cause the ps4 exclusively would be for sure. I meant if for some reason they had to do both, starting on the ps3 would be better.

Starting on the PS3 would only be better at this point because the development started on the PS3. Sony really would rather games be exclusively available on the PS4 for obvious reasons (an example being Bloodborne) and in the long run would benefit more companies to start developing only on PS4s and getting the userbase for the consoles up right now.

I'd wait if it ended up being a difference of a month or two, but I'm not willing to wait for half a year just for higher visual quality and smoother framerate.

Literally the worst outfit in the entire game. They should have put her Detective x Naoto costume (see vidula's avatar) instead.

Fuck P4G.

I'm shocked that they didn't include the (p4 spoilers)
true ending costumes as a costume to use in dungeons. They went through all the trouble to model them, so why not even use them?

I'm shocked that they didn't include the (p4 spoilers)
true ending costumes as a costume to use in dungeons. They went through all the trouble to model them, so why not even use them?
Because even Atlus thought "fuck non
bleached hair and glasses
Kanji" it is kinda weird though

the new designs are so bad, i'd rather die than use those

I didn't hate Naoto's, though Yosuke's and others looked like complete garbage in comparison.

Because even Atlus thought "fuck non
bleached hair and glasses
Kanji" it is kinda weird though

I mean, why not? Some people would have used it and its not like they didn't put ugly costumes on their character models anyway.

I have to admit though, the Dancing All Night models look fantastic, though that's kind of a requirement in a rhythm game.

Designing for a cutscene and in-game models are two different things and I guess they wanted to keep those costumes a secret for the true ending? Wouldn't have minded them for a second playthrough though.

You're probably right. Still feels like they could have went the extra mile for it on a second playthrough considering the game is just a remaster with some extra content.

Ugly?
Look at that shit. Gorgeous.

Some are fine, others look like garbage. By ugly I didn't mean all of them.

Tako

So I had a question do you guys prefer rps that no matter what armor you have set the characters will stay the same or where you can see all the new equipment you have set on?

Yeah. God I hate P4G so much. Not the whole game, as everything they've practically copied and pasted from the original game is great. It's just that almost every single alteration or addition from Golden is fucking awful.

I know better than to go down this rabbit whole since I've already posted my thoughts on Persona 4 in general, but I agree with you.

So I had a question do you guys prefer rps that no matter what armor you have set the characters will stay the same or where you can see all the new equipment you have set on?

New equipment being seen with every new armor is probably extremely difficult, but I really appreciate when devs go out of their way to make it happen. I fucking adore it when that stuff happens and seeing it in Monster Hunter is pretty awesome. I always take the time to look at the new armor with the camera just to see how cool it looks.

I don't mind armor that much. What drives me nuts is weapon models not changing. That drove me insane in the old FE games.

mike0dude

i like when the armor changes, but I hate when I end up with miss matched armor because I min max my armor stats.

Depends if they can make good mix and match sets, or if the original designs are good. I think making one good central design is way easier than a ton of awesome armor/equipment sets.

That said, I definitely prefer seeing a character equip their weapon no matter what. All of Persona's weapons that actually add a bit onto the character models are great.

I love mix and matching armor sets and looking like a monster, but MH does a great job of incentivizing full sets along with mixing and matching

I just downloaded like 20 videos, so now I have the choice of wither starting MH4 or finishing the SH2 and NMH LPs when I get home from class.

My first world can't be this problematic

I have no preference. Changing armor can go bad when the pieces used have no "synergy," so to speak. A lot of characters in Xenoblade can look pretty goofy in the wrong set ups when going for optimized stats. Especially Seven.

Xiraiya

So what's the hype and debate about Last Guardian? All I can think of is that it must have been some amazing game to cause this much of a passionate reaction.

Squishy3

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=993935
The Last Guardian comes back from the grave, where it wasn't actually.
I don't believe them one bit.

Obviously development started on the ps3, though idk if I'd consider that smart. Atlus has a history of lagging behind on their software being on recent hardware. I think it'd be better for Atlus and especially Sony if they made it exclusive to PS4 because that game has enough fans where a lot of them would buy PS4's, especially ones bundled with P5. And it has the benefit of being a better game tech wise since it wouldn't be restricted by the PS3's hardware.

It'd be better now if Atlus moved straight to the PS4 and developed new games, especially SMT, for that because people are craving games, especially RPGs, on their PS4.
Atlus doesn't care. PS3 has bigger existing install base in Japan, PS4 version is funded by Sony to cater to western tastes and not Japanese tastes.

Race to support new consoles has not turned out well for Japanese companies that are multiple times bigger than Atlus, see: Capcom, Sega, Square-Enix hell, I can even throw Sony in here because of how much money they lost on the PS3. The three before Sony are shells of their former selves.

Even though Sega-Sammy now owns Atlus Sega the developer is absolutely pitiful. The only thing they develop in-house that has any consistency of being good now is Yakuza.

croten

So what's the hype and debate about Last Guardian? All I can think of is that it must have been some amazing game to cause this much of a passionate reaction.

Ico and SotC are amazing games that fulfilled a niche and people where looking forward to TLG to continue said niche. The game has been in development for longer than any game I can think of other than Duck Nukem Forever.

Made by the guy who did Ico and SotC, which is enough to get people super hyped for it. And now its going through development hell and people are super excited when a conference rolls around for a new trailer, then depressed when it doesn't appear, but Sony will come out and say its still in development, which get's people hyped again only to repeat the cycle.

Its been about 6 years since that trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom