• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2538319-5059850711-

I posted the Strafe trailer on my friend's facebook wall/

His Rseponse:
Jesus Christ

Did she back it?

sjay1994

It will never happen. There is so much undeserved salt about this game.

Where was all of this hatred when there was actual anti-consumerism at play?

There is a lot of undeserved hate towards the order. All they said they wanted to do was make a cinematic game. Thats it, they aren't forcing it down anyones throats, they aren't being condescending about it.

Although I canceled my pre order of it, because I can't justify spending 80 dollars on a 6-8 hour game.

Doesn't mean I won't check it out later. I am just not getting it day 1.

Although, there is that typical circle jerking usually around a sony exclusive release title. I saw comments in a gameplay video section where people are trying to say its opening is better than TLOU's. Its really not.

sjay1994

I always found it funny that companies like ubisoft and 2K are fucking slammed for micro transactions, but Naughty Dog and Rockstar are able to slide by it.

I mean, fuck the REMASTERED TLOU had day one "gameplay affecting" dlc, and people just went its fine. Evolve has purely cosmetic dlc day 1, and its "oh I remember when skins were unlocks in games, or "this industry is shit".

Also, I realized people including myself jump the gun at microtransactions. I was grossed the fuck out by AC Unitys MT's. Then I realized if you bought MT's in that game, you are a fucking idiot, because making the actual money in the game is so fucking easy.

Game still sucks though.

Although, there is that typical circle jerking usually around a sony exclusive release title. I saw comments in a gameplay video section where people are trying to say its opening is better than TLOU's. Its really not.

This is what I am tired of personally. I know those threads are bad but I can't look away. Usually when I do I end up wondering wtf am I even looking at. In a way its fascinating watching people get so emotionally invested into something like an unreleased video game that some will go at great lengths to "defend it from haters".

I'm a hypocrite in that regard

Liam am cry
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=994079

Studio behind Phantom Dust remake shut down

It sucks when studios get shut down.

Hope these guys get back on their feet

sjay1994

So what's with all the heat with The Order? Haven't been following anything on it

Game is apparently 5-6 hours long according to youtuber. It has lots of QTE's and unskippable cutscenes.

And its full MSRP.

Literally hitler because "RAD is trying to sell people a short game".

Just fucking buy it when its lowered in price. They aren't forcing it down your throat or anything.

So what's with all the heat with The Order? Haven't been following anything on it
Sony Fanboys going to the edge of the world, defending a product that really doesn't need any defending. Even though the hype machine on it is very tepid, it's getting heat for being cinematic and short, even though it never advertised anything but being cinematic gameplay.

Stupidity and salt all around.

sjay1994

This is what I am tired of personally. I know those threads are bad but I can't look away. Usually when I do I end up wondering wtf am I even looking at. In a way its fascinating watching people get so emotionally invested into something like an unreleased video game that some will go at great lengths to "defend it from haters".

I'm a hypocrite in that regard

Hey, I used to be like this towards assassins creed, because the games constantly get shit on in normal GAF (as well as the other ubi open worlds) I used to be really defensive about it.... then unity happened.

But I will still defend FC4. I fucking love that game, and thankfully so do a lot of people on normal GAF.

sjay1994

Sony Fanboys going to the edge of the world, defending a product that really doesn't need any defending. Even though the hype machine on it is very tepid, it's getting heat for being cinematic and short, even though it never advertised anything but being cinematic gameplay.

Stupidity and salt all around.

Basically, people are upset a video game didn't conform to their tastes, and now that game is literally the anti christ.

This shit happens a lot on GAF, especially games that are get a huge amount of notice from the press.

Its happening to no mans sky as well.

Basically, people are upset a video game didn't conform to their tastes, and now that game is literally the anti christ.

This shit happens a lot on GAF, especially games that are get a huge amount of notice from the press.

I have seen nothing but positive things about it.

I don't think it looks fun but that is just a subjective opinion. I feel the same way about Minecraft and Terraira. I know there is pretty big audience for this sort of thing.

I don't think it looks fun but that is just a subjective opinion. I feel the same way about Minecraft and Terraira. I know there is pretty big audience for this sort of thing.
Not sure where you're looking.

Those games are nothing like the Order.

You don't have to like it.

Yeah, let's take a shit on the most creative game in years!

Jesus Gaf, get your shit together.

sjay1994

Its more or less "oh, why are the press hyping this game up?"

Some journalists think this game is cool and are saying why. They aren't being money hated by an indie dev.

Not sure where you're looking.

You don't have to like it.

I didn't say I had to. Its fine if a game does not appeal to me. Like The Order, its mechanics or intent or whatever are not my thing. And thats okay

I would be curious to hear where people are saying bad things about No Man's Sky. I thought people were really excited for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom