• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game is apparently 5-6 hours long according to youtuber. It has lots of QTE's and unskippable cutscenes.
And its full MSRP.
Literally hitler because "RAD is trying to sell people a short game".
Just fucking buy it when its lowered in price. They aren't forcing it down your throat or anything.

Sony Fanboys going to the edge of the world, defending a product that really doesn't need any defending. Even though the hype machine on it is very tepid, it's getting heat for being cinematic and short, even though it never advertised anything but being cinematic gameplay.
Stupidity and salt all around.

I see, so all of this isn't even confirmed to be true yet i assume.

sjay1994

I didn't say I had to. Its fine if a game does not appeal to me. Like The Order, its mechanics or intent or whatever are not my thing. And thats okay

I would be curious to hear where people are saying bad things about No Man's Sky. I thought people were really excited for

The gist of what I have seen post the PSX.

GAFFer: "What do you do in No Mans Sky?"

"You explore a procedurally generated galaxy"

GAFFer: "Thats it? Oh my god what the fuck is wrong with the press and sony. Why are they over hyping this nothing game. This industry is corrupt"

My favorite was the outrage from people after PSX because "sony wasted their time because they didn't show a new crash bandicoot, the last guardian, half life 3, etc but instead more indie games"

And then proceeded to say that the people in the audience were ripped off, completely forgetting that audience is getting to play almost every game you saw in those 2 hours.

Archgan

For those who missed when I first posted about the spreadsheet around 12 hours ago, basically, I went through every podcast and compiled all their recommendations, and I'm also working my way through Shows/Events and ongoing episodes. I did this because I bought a Vita and the Zaibatsu are the biggest source of Vita recommendations I could find. I then decided I might as well go all the way and make something the entire community could use.

I'm gonna keep it up-to-date as best I can, but I'm probably never gonna look through all the old shit again in detail unless it's something I have a good idea of where to find.

Not sure if you are still around or if people would want this, but it might be a good idea to put each different platform or every other platform on a new sheet so people don't have to scroll so far and it is easier to find the platform they are looking for.

It's almost like people on this gaming forum don't like video games anymore, what madness

It gets so tiresome hearing so much controversy over every game that comes out because it doesn't live up to what was before it, or the campaign is too short or it's too casualized.

It's fucking video games. Just enjoy it.

It gets so tiresome hearing so much controversy over every game that comes out because it doesn't live up to what was before it, or the campaign is too short or it's too casualized.

I get being sick of cynicism, but that's never gonna die, like ever.

Actual critical review is nice, but it's drowned out among pessimism.

Ants

Not sure if you are still around or if people would want this, but it might be a good idea to put each different platform or every other platform on a new sheet so people don't have to scroll so far and it is easier to find the platform they are looking for.

If that's something that's highly inconvenient for people I could do that, but fyi you can very quickly scroll through the list with CTRL + Up/Down Arrow in the leftmost column, or via CTRL + F.

I was considering separating video game stuff from everything else.

Before I give up on bringing up KOF 13,

YOOO, Vice and Maxima are super sick! And Clark too...man!
It's too much, I'm not used to a fighting game having more than one grappler! Who do I main, are there even more? Robert, K', and King are pretty awesome too, I might actually do a triple team for this game at this rate.

Archgan

If that's something that's highly inconvenient for people I could do that, but fyi you can very quickly scroll through the list with CTRL + Up/Down Arrow in the leftmost column, or via CTRL + F.

I was considering separating video game stuff from everything else.

The scrolling thing is not too much of a problem. It was just something that was slightly inconvenient for me. It doesn't really matter either way. I think separating video game stuff from everything else is a good idea, though.

Emouse

Word

No, video games aren't made to be fun. They're only made to complain about. You don't actually enjoy having fun with awesome games do you?

I've been doing it wrong this whole time!

It's too much, I'm not used to a fighting game having more than one grappler! Who do I main, are there even more? Robert, K', and King are pretty awesome too, I might actually do a triple team for this game at this rate.
t9qqfVW.gif
xoA5lD1.gif
J00uhxM.gif
He lost didn't he?
Nah, just getting shit on by Donte and Travis

Xiraiya

Cynicism is stupid, most of us are too young to realistically be cynical, I hear Pat go on about it sometimes and I'm like thinking "You're like goddamn late 20's, relax."
There are more ways to live than being blindly optimistic or blindly cynical.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I'm up for KOF13 anytime, but I think you've got it on PS3. I have it on 360 and PC.

MrHoot

Of course. You can only use logic, analysis and pre launch screenshots/gifs to rate games.
Not worthless things like 'fun'.

To be honest, "fun" doesn't really mean anything and is purely subjective, at least to describe a game :p it's like saying a painting is "pretty".

But hey, I don't care enough about what other people enjoy to play

I really like the game but the netcode for both versions is pretty shit and I can't play it for the life of me. My team was point Terry, Kula in the middle and anchor Robert. The only neo max I could pull off was Robert's and his is probably the easiest in the game. I'm disappointed that it got taken off the EVO main stage but the audience just isn't there, and this is a great chance to test the waters for more anime

I really like the game but the netcode for both versions is pretty shit and I can't play it for the life of me. My team was point Terry, Kula in the middle and anchor Robert. The only neo max I could pull off was Robert's and his is probably the easiest in the game. I'm disappointed that it got taken off the EVO main stage but the audience just isn't there, and this is a great chance to test the waters for more anime

The PC version has natural input lag too which you can only reduce by going into windowed mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom