• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need more P3 images.
eda2d39fdca53cc2f00c6398d96e6afe15bdbee8.png

fbd8e293249ec4a5c35f6fa551d3a541227812e1.jpg
077f5a3e782d5c60517f3e4a18315543c866b401.jpg

Ive been trying like hell to get this monster to reappear after I accepted the mission, but it won't show up, even though it has before multiple times.

This can't be a glitch right?

I got a shout out on the podcast! ... Kinda, I'm 'guy who told Pat he should have watched Ippo and Rocky in reverse order'...
... Got to say, feels good lol.

This is MonHun right? Are you sure you're doing it right?

Reappear? Are you in an expedition or a quest? Expeditions they can actually run away for good.

Its the monster's quest. Turns out it just spawned in a different area.

Also getting super frustrating that I have no idea how to get the seltas wing or the seltas horn, since I just keep getting its shell.

Edit: nvm, they both just appeared in my item box after the quest even though I don't remember picking it up. This game is super weird.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man it's awesome when you realize you have all the materials needed for an awesome new set of armor and you weren't even trying to get it. Tetsucabra set, woo!

Zenfalcia

Also getting super frustrating that I have no idea how to get the seltas wing or the seltas horn, since I just keep getting its shell.

Edit: nvm, they both just appeared in my item box after the quest even though I don't remember picking it up. This game is super weird.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Just search up your questions online, they probably have answers to things we don't know.

Git gud tho.

They just move around yeah. Different areas.

Most drops are purely based on % drop chance. So like a Seltas wing has a 25% chance from a carve in Low rank, and 15% chance to be a quest reward after the fight. This chance is operated on several times and lets you get many of them.

Some drops require or greatly incentivize you to break certain peices of the monster to get them and sometimes to carve the peices that fall off. Big example is cutting the tail off most monsters, which also makes their tail attacks shitty and hilarious.

If you need a specific item, google "mh4u name of item" and you'll get a link to kiranico.com, aka the best site ever. It'll tell you how rare the drop is and how to get it if it's special.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

You get quest rewards from slaying monsters separate from the stuff you carve from them.

EDIT: Quoting this 'cause I BOTP'd Mrgoodwill and his post is way more informative.

Most drops are purely based on % drop chance. So like a Seltas wing has a 25% chance from a carve in Low rank, and 15% chance to be a quest reward after the fight. This chance is operated on several times and lets you get many of them.

Some drops require or greatly incentivize you to break certain peices of the monster to get them and sometimes to carve the peices that fall off. Big example is cutting the tail off most monsters, which also makes their tail attacks shitty and hilarious.

If you need a specific item, google "mh4u name of item" and you'll get a link to kiranico.com, aka the best site ever. It'll tell you how rare the drop is and how to get it if it's special.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Just search up your questions online, they probably have answers to things we don't know.

Git gud tho.

You get quest rewards from slaying monsters separate from the stuff you carve from them.

EDIT: Quoting this 'cause I BOTP'd Mrgoodwill and his post is way more informative.

Yeah that's what I figured. I looked online and saw that breaking monster parts will make it drop things seperately, but doesn't need to be picked up.

Also still confused on how monster capture works since I put the thing to sleep and nothing happened. Oh well, either way I got my sick new bow so it doesn't matter now anyway....

At least until I need to upgrade it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom