• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah that's what I figured. I looked online and saw that breaking monster parts will make it drop things seperately, but doesn't need to be picked up.

Also still confused on how monster capture works since I put the thing to sleep and nothing happened. Oh well, either way I got my sick new bow so it doesn't matter now anyway....

At least until I need to upgrade it later.

To cap a monster you need to get it to the point where it's limping, trap it, then hit it with a couple tranq bombs while it's in the trap. On the off chance it turns out the monster wasn't quite ready to be cap'd and it doesn't go down after a couple tranq bombs, you can hit it a few times afterwards and it might still go down.

To cap a monster you need to get it to the point where it's limping, trap it, then hit it with a couple tranq bombs while it's in the trap. On the off chance it turns out the monster wasn't quite ready to be cap'd and it doesn't go down after a couple tranq bombs, you can hit it a few times afterwards and it might still go down.

Oh so it can only be trapped/tranq'd when weak to be captured. That makes sense, thanks for the help.

Skrams

I can'r download the podcast at all. Is there a better way to download it that you guys know of?

What did you try?
I usually click download for mobile devices>right click and "Save as"

This is what I'd do if I downloaded it to my PC.

I usually download them directly to my Vita by just going to the page and hitting download for mobile devices. Either should work fine.

Or just subscribe to them on iTunes like a lot of people.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
What did you try?
I usually click download for mobile devices>right click and "Save as"

My internet sucks ass, so whatever I download from a browser in my house eventually putters out to 0kb/s. iTunes just does the same thing and then hits an error. My local anime store still works, but I don't know if they or anyone has them stocked at a different chain.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
This is what I'd do if I downloaded it to my PC.

I usually download them directly to my Vita by just going to the page and hitting download for mobile devices. Either should work fine.

Or just subscribe to them on iTunes like a lot of people.

It might work on my vita... never thought of using that.

It's just my computer that does bad on my internet, really. All my devices run at like 10MB/s.

Skrams

My internet sucks ass, so whatever I download from a browser in my house eventually putters out to 0kb/s. iTunes just does the same thing and then hits an error. My local anime store still works, but I don't know if they or anyone has them stocked at a different chain.

So you can't even listen to it in your browser or what? Also my internet is shit with whopping speeds of 150 kb/s and I can download a podcast relatively fine. Mine is at least pretty stable though. You could try pausing and resuming the downloads to see if it'll pick back up again so it doesn't error out.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
So you can't even listen to it in your browser or what? Also my internet is shit with whopping speeds of 150 kb/s and I can download a podcast relatively fine. Mine is at least pretty stable though. You could try pausing and resuming the downloads to see if it'll pick back up again so it doesn't error out.

I can't stream anything, which is why I primarily use my vita to watch videos and such. IDK why my computer can't download anything on my internet, but other devices can. I'll just download it to my vita.

Tako

Spoilers guys spoilers please. I haven't been able to listen to the podcast since the Magcast. They banned headphones at work, they took the last thing that kept me sane.
Also I received my MonsterHunter4U last night but no 3DS yet

Spoilers guys spoilers please. I haven't been able to listen to the podcast since the Magcast. They banned headphones at work, they took the last thing that kept me sane.

Yo!

PM me.

I have the retro crack you're looking for.

Skrams

I'm sort of in the same boat. I've had MH4U for a few days, but my n3DS isn't here yet. I suppose it should arrive today, but not sure yet. I might wait to even play it until the screen protector gets here on Thursday. I want to dive into some MH crack already.

Tako

I'm sort of in the same boat. I've had MH4U for a few days, but my n3DS isn't here yet. I suppose it should arrive today, but not sure yet. I might wait to even play it until the screen protector gets here on Thursday. I want to dive into some MH crack already.
That reminds me that I need a screen protector as well. I'm afraid that my shit got pushed back and I won't be able to get it till next week

Oh so Asuna can cook also?

Hey guys, maybe she's someone waifu now.

-_-

By the way, when the fuck do I get to see X Strike?

The OP intro shows Asuna and Kirito doing X Strike!

Mathaou

legacy of cane
My friend worked at a valet service for a restaurant, and they also banned headphones for them because they needed to have an earpiece in to talk to their co workers or whatever, and what he did is take it apart, spraypaint his headphone cord black, and put his iPod into the radio he got.

It's a really amazing game. 15 hours in and I got it on friday. SO GOOD.

Skrams

Oh so Asuna can cook also?

Hey guys, maybe she's someone waifu now.

-_-

By the way, when the fuck do I get to see X Strike?

The OP intro shows Asuna and Kirito doing X Strike!

It'll happen. Give it a little bit. Also lower your expectations because why do you even have expectations for SAO?

Gintama Episode 50- First episode since 25 to have me dying all the time. It went balls to the wall with all the
ideas to boost the show's popularity.
Also hella more animation than the usual. Then I get a new OP that is sort of like an extension to the second OP which I really liked as well. Then a pretty good ED as well. When this show hits it's mark, it really fucking nails it.

It'll happen. Give it a little bit. Also lower your expectations because why do you even have expectations for SAO?

Gintama Episode 50- First episode since 25 to have me dying all the time. It went balls to the wall with all the
ideas to boost the show's popularity.
Also hella more animation than the usual. Then I get a new OP that is sort of like an extension to the second OP which I really liked as well. Then a pretty good ED as well. When this show hits it's mark, it really fucking nails it.

Welcome to the Gintama club.

Now get out.

ftqwPIJ.gif

Skrams

Because like Evil Zone, there's so many cool ideas that are wasted to do generic anime shit.

Welcome to Sword Art Online. I don't have a hard on for VR MMOs like a lot of people seem to, but if you're really in love with the concept then get prepared to be even more saddened by the whole show. I wonder if there's even an anime/thing in general that approaches the concept that well. The .hack stuff might, but I don't know much about it. For something to truly get me on board, I would feel like I need a good view of the regular world and the MMO world at the same time. I'd need to see how each is dealing with their respective problems. Sword Art could of left a cool impact if it showed the transporting of players from their homes to the hospitals or showing a person die in their hospital bed because of the game. Instead you just get Kirito slashing shit because anime.

E the Shaggy

I bought Darkest Dungeon after watching the guys play through it and man, what a game. Half my party went insane after the second dungeon!

Want to see them play a lot more of this.

Because like Evil Zone, there's so many cool ideas that are wasted to do generic anime shit.

The problem with the VR MMO anime people clamor for so much is that the majority of them could have just been generic fantasy stories, without changing anything. The game aspect is something to make the viewer buy into the premise easier.

The transfer shit is a pain. I went from a 32 Gig SDHC to a 32 Gig Micro SDHC.
Yeah I don't wanna deal with it man..

Why is it bad? It worked perfectly for me.

Because if you have a lot of games on your SD card, the transfer can take like 10 or 11 hours, the battery is only supposed to last for five..so you have to baby sit it or keep an A/C adapter around.

It can error out as well and you lose all of your data.

Welcome to Sword Art Online.

I wonder if there's even an anime/thing in general that approaches the concept that well. The .hack stuff might, but I don't know much about it. For something to truly get me on board, I would feel like I need a good view of the regular world and the MMO world at the same time. I'd need to see how each is dealing with their respective problems. Sword Art could of left a cool impact if it showed the transporting of players from their homes to the hospitals or showing a person die in their hospital bed because of the game. Instead you just get Kirito slashing shit because anime.

No one even talks about the real world because MMOs I guess?

Oh, don't forget to ship Asuna and Kirito, because romance!

Fuck, the direction that something like this could've gone just upsets me in so many ways.

360pages

Log Horizon is okay, because the story takes out the danger of dying...the cast is immortal. So they play up the game aspect far higher than others.

Has anyone handled the "trapped in a virtual world" better than the Matrix has?

I mean aside from the whole philosophy bullshit that the wachowskis pushed.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yeah I don't wanna deal with it man..

Because if you have a lot of games on your SD card, the transfer can take like 10 or 11 hours, the battery is only supposed to last for five..so you have to baby sit it or keep an A/C adapter around.

's why I just did the pc transfer. Took like 20 minutes and I have like 12 games on my SD card.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I know they were giving out materials to craft it in an event quest, but that was for monster hunter 4 not ultimate yet.

There looks to be a whole bunch of guest costumes, just scrolling through the OT's OP. It's pretty neat.

Pebbles and I started getting into MH4U yesterday. I'm still only rank 1, but hopefully we'll catch up to where you are soon.

So I just got an email saying the reason theyre getting rid of club Nintendo is to put in a new customer loyalty program, that better be code for account system.

Delete the games and back-up the saves if you don't want to use the PC method. It's not ideal and a shame it could go there, but it is a solution

Skrams

Log Horizon is okay, because the story takes out the danger of dying...the cast is immortal. So they play up the game aspect far higher than others.

It does some neat things, but it still does typical anime shenanigans half the time. Every time the guy says a perverted thing, he gets kicked in the head. It's a little grating to me. Besides that I like the random MMO tidbits they've presented sometimes. I really liked the idea presented in one of the latest episodes where
the auto translator can make words have different meanings and the world only has 42 songs.
Or common stuff like food not having flavor if you use the in game cook menu, so instead you have to cook it the regular way.

So I just got an email saying the reason theyre getting rid of club Nintendo is to put in a new customer loyalty program, that better be code for account system.

I haven't gotten an email or anything from Club Nintendo, but we did know this information. They're killing it, but they plan on replacing it with something else. I'm hopeful that something else will be an account that governs all Nintendo devices or something.

Also fuck, this 3rd Gintama OP is super good.

Shackzam

There looks to be a whole bunch of guest costumes, just scrolling through the OT's OP. It's pretty neat.

Pebbles and I started getting into MH4U yesterday. I'm still only rank 1, but hopefully we'll catch up to where you are soon.
I don't remember if I have you on my friends list. I'll have to double check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom