• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jojo part 6 spoilers

So is it ever explained why foo can turn her finger into an actual gun? Cause i get the whole algae/plankton whatever thing, but the gun? Not really.

Xiraiya

The songs were sung in English and changed to simlish, so no it's not the native language.

But in the Sims world, Simlish is the native language, English doesn't exist.

fun
fʌn/
noun
noun: fun

enjoyment, amusement, or light-hearted pleasure.
"the children were having fun in the play area"
synonyms: pleasure, entertainment, enjoyment, amusement, excitement, gratification.

I know, it's a hard concept to grasp, but I think you might become a more likable person for it.

Kotaku asking the hard hitting questions
Tingle, map-seller in The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask, is a man in his mid-30s who wears a green fairy suit... he is one of Nintendo's most unusual characters. I recently asked Nintendo's top Zelda creator what Tingle's origins were.

"I guess the heart of the character there is a little bit of a gag kind of feeling to it," longtime Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma told me through a translator during a New York-Kyoto telephone interview last week. We were talking about Tingle's debut in Majora's Mask back in 2000. The game has just been remade for the 3DS.

All well and good, but I had to ask: Is he gay?

Aonuma: "He's not gay. He's just an odd person.

Xiraiya

But the songs were originally in english, and they should stay english. Or are you one of those weirdos that like the english luftballons?
Well you know, they can always be modded back into English, what the hell are "English Luftballons'?

Also I was kidding, Simlish is just a dumb gimmick thing, but it's hard to figure out why anyone would be offended by it, I think it's clever they make the songs sound so identical to the normal versions, Simlish does sound like Jibberish but they still made a language from it with patterns and meanings, so they're not just saying total nonsense on a whim.

Xiraiya

I probably should have clarified. I thought that the songs which appeared in the games were recorded specifically for the games.

I think some actually are, but most are real songs they had artists come in and record simlish versions of, such as Katy Perry.
Most of her songs aren't really my thing but it came out pretty cool.

Generic enemies and NPC units also have growth rates of their own, instead of each of them possessing their own unique growth rate, they are all tied to their class growth rate. But why do generic enemies and NPC’s have growth rates if they don’t level up? They in fact do level up, just not like playable characters. Every time you start a new map/chapter, the generic enemies will gain hidden level ups and the RNG will roll the stat ups according to their growth rates. This is why the same enemies you face will have slightly different stats than when you faced them in the last playthrough.

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon is the first Fire Emblem game that allows the player to change the class of a unit in to a different class. This also means the growth rate must change as well. The formula for a characters full growth rate is the character’s base growth + class growth. This has carried over to Mystery of the Emblem and Awakening

If a characters growth exceeds 100%, then they are guaranteed to gain +1 to that stat and the remaining will be a separate percentage for a +2 instead. Example: a growth rate of 137% on STR, the character will always get +1 on STR but also has a 37% chance of getting a +2 instead of a +1. Same applies to growths over 200%.

One of the highest raw growth rate without hacking or manipulation currently in the Fire Emblem series is Karel from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade (FE6) with the growths rates of:
HP STR SKL SPD LUK DEF RES
210 130 140 140 120 110 100
Unfortunately he is obtained very late game at level 19 and can only be leveled up once.

Part 3 tomorrow

I think some actually are, but most are real songs they had artists come in and record simlish versions of, such as Katy Perry.
Most of her songs aren't really my thing but it came out pretty cool.
I have too much unironic enjoyment from Katy Perry, but I don't like how Simlish turns out either.
The divisive topic of "Simlish" apparently.
The better topic is probably fictional languages. I find them kind tacky generally, in books or stuff like Skyrim. Some made up words for things are fine, but an entire language can be kinda weird.

Eragon and Harry Potter's spells are good examples of doing it well. Especially Harry Potter since it's all derived from Latin, generally.

Well you know, they can always be modded back into English, what the hell are "English Luftballons'?

Also I was kidding, Simlish is just a dumb gimmick thing, but it's hard to figure out why anyone would be offended by it, I think it's clever they make the songs sound so identical to the normal versions, Simlish does sound like Jibberish but they still made a language from it with patterns and meanings, so they're not just saying total nonsense on a whim.
Never said i was offended by it. I just don't like it for some inexplicable reason. And the english version of 99 luftballons. 99 luftballons being a very popular anti-war song back in the cold war era. It was originally in german, but an english version was released. It's not good.

I'm assuming he's talking about the English version of 99 luftballons
Never said i was offended by it. I just don't like it for some inexplicable reason. And the english version of 99 luftballons. 99 luftballons being a very popular anti-war song back in the cold war era. It was originally in german, but an english version was released. It's not good.
Everyone should totally listen to the original, since it's rad.

The better topic is probably fictional languages. I find them kind tacky generally, in books or stuff like Skyrim. Some made up words for things are fine, but an entire language can be kinda weird.
Skyrim really annoyed me on that front. Specifically talking to the dragons. Not only was i upset because i was talking to a punk ass dragon, he constantly interrupts the english parts of the sentence with that lame ass dragon language. Oh my god, just get to the fuckin point already paarthurnax!

joe2187

Banned
What would be your ideal combination for an Earthbound LP?

Liam and Pat on Mario RPG is good

but I really like the dynamic of Woolie and Pat

croten

What would be your ideal combination for an Earthbound LP?

Liam and Pat on Mario RPG is good

but I really like the dynamic of Woolie and Pat

I think an Earthbound LP would need Liam, he's said before how much he loves the game and he's very good on RPG LPs. Though Pat, Woolie and Liam together would be really cool.

I can understand that, that series just plays into my need for customization freedom.
I can see how they would be appealing to a certain audience and most aren't bad games by any means outside of the absurd dlc options ala EA.

That moment when you delete your whole post on accident..

Xiraiya

I usually can't remember songs I would really like to post, but there are some that I've enjoyed quite a bit in recent years mostly because of Beloved.

Hollywood Undead - Lion
Poets of the Fall - Carnival Of Rust
30 Seconds To Mars - Up In The Air
Over the years I've found myself being particularly fond of 30SM even though I don't like all of their songs, but enough that I guess makes me a "fan".

Good thing I never liked The Sims.
I can understand that, that series just plays into my need for customization freedom.

joe2187

Banned
I usually can't remember songs I would really like to post, but there are some that I've enjoyed quite a bit in recent years mostly because of Beloved.

Hollywood Undead - Lion
Poets of the Fall - Carnival Of Rust
30 Seconds To Mars - Up In The Air
Over the years I've found myself being particularly fond of 30SM even though I don't like all of their songs, but enough that I guess makes me a "fan".

Poets of the fall and 30SM?

Now I feel like playing Max Payne and Alan Wake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom