• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking, when I send in Jingle All the Way 2, should I specify which of the best friends get it, or should I just let them sort it out themselves?

Yeah. Otherwise, what's the point? I didn't watch redline for the story, that's for sure.
I didn't really like Redline because of that. It's not even that the plot is barebones, but that it's badly executed and shoehorned elements are thrown in that make me go "why".

This probably makes me seem crazy to most of you guys, but like Gurren has a story that has amazing usage of theming and chracters you can get attached to. Redline was just really pretty animation. Which is cool. But hours of an animation demo left me bored.

Xiraiya

Vidula is a BAMF.
Bad at making friends

iiV7wGDUvo6fQ.gif

I didn't really like Redline because of that. It's not even that the plot is barebones, but that it's badly executed and shoehorned elements are thrown in that make me go "why".

This probably makes me seem crazy to most of you guys, but like Gurren has a story that has amazing usage of theming and chracters you can get attached to. Redline was just really pretty animation. Which is cool. But hours of an animation demo left me bored.
No I get that, it's why I like most romance animes..they don't have great animation or anything, but the characters are easy to like and get attached to, which usually ends up in my crying while drowning my tears in ice cream.
Oh my god. That's weirdly perfect.
Isn't it?

Btw Demo made a review of Redline if you guys don't know.
Vidula is a BAMF.
Bad at making friends

iiV7wGDUvo6fQ.gif
So how long did you sit at your computer before finally thinking of that?

That's my point. Without a great story/characters, there's not really a whole lotbto draw people besides the animation quality. What they need is an excellent writer for the second. Let them do their thing, and let the animators do theirs and bam. Instant greatness.

Squishy3

That's my point. Without a great story/characters, there's not really a whole lotbto draw people besides the animation quality. What they need is an excellent writer for the second. Let them do their thing, and let the animators do theirs and bam. Instant greatness.
Eh, everything surrounding the military is kind of whatever, but the JP/his manager and Sonoshee story is pretty well done, even if it is barebones.

I mean, it's basically high-octane Japanese Wacky Races. I don't really need a good story for it.

Eh, everything surrounding the military is kind of whatever, but the JP/his manager and Sonoshee story is pretty well done, even if it is barebones.

I mean, it's basically high-octane Japanese Wacky Races. I don't really need a good story for it.
True, it doesn't need a good story. But it'd be better if it did.

I always wanted to play earthbound so that was a given and I never played super punchout so I thought I'd go with that. Super Metroid is just great and I'd rather leave my cartridge of it safe at my parents house

yeah, with all the pushing EB gets in here and the reputation it has that one is a given. I'll probably grab Super Metroid, I'll probably get more play time out of it.

I'd at least like some better characters, or better characterization. All I remember is JP, who's actually pretty cool, Girl Love Interest, his manager, and other weirdos.

I get why it doesn't matter to everyone though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom