• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Ok, bestGAF, I need some advice. Multiple times today, I've had nongamer friends look over my shoulder to see me playing P3. So, how should I explain to them:
1. What the main point of the game is (I'm not sure which of the parts to pick)
2. What the plot is (I'm not far along enough to have a clear idea of how to explain it)

1. It's an RPG with social elements
2. Its about teenagers who fight monsters with their inner selves

Ok, bestGAF, I need some advice. Multiple times today, I've had nongamer friends look over my shoulder to see me playing P3. So, how should I explain to them:
2. What the plot is (I'm not far along enough to have a clear idea of how to explain it)

1. You fight shadows and shit. Also edge.
2. You do shit and cool shit happens. Also edge.

1.stop looking over my shoulder.

To create bonds in order to fight evil?

Mystical Dark hour is causing trouble along with shadows, so you and the team have to stop it/them.

Squishy3

Jesus is the best husbando. Just look at that beard and great hair
jojosus_by_matiassoto-d89apxh.jpg

Zenfalcia

Ask if they want to know about the game first.
Did you know that broken earphone jacks getting stuck inside a phone is a common issue that society faces on a daily basis?
Do tell.

I should probably mention that this is after them specifically asking one or both of these things.

ok then 1. youre a school kid and at night you fight monsters while during the day you make friends
2. youre a kid who can summon a ghost to fight monsters and youre part of a group of kids who are trying to kill those monsters with their ghost partners. (dont mention shooting yourself in the head or summoning demons)

ok then 1. youre a school kid and at night you fight monsters while during the day you make friends
2. youre a kid who can summon a ghost to fight monsters and youre part of a group of kids who are trying to kill those monsters with their ghost partners. (dont mention shooting yourself in the head or summoning demons)
No, depending in their age, the edge factor may grab them. It is subjective but I will admit when I first saw the opening with Yukari with the pistol to her head shaking I was grabbed

Squishy3

Yoooo! I should start being more religious.
Did you know there's a Japanese town that believes Jesus Christ is buried there and died of old age there? It reads like bad fanfiction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingō,_Aomori#Tomb_of_Jesus_Christ

When Jesus Christ was 21 years old, he came to Japan and pursued knowledge of divinity for 12 years. He went back to Judea at age 33 and engaged in his mission. However, at that time, people in Judea would not accept Christ's preaching. Instead, they arrested him and tried to crucify him on a cross. His younger brother, Isukiri casually took Christ's place and ended his life on the cross.

Christ, who escaped the crucifixion, went through the ups and downs of travel, and again came to Japan. He settled right here in what is now called Herai Village, and died at the age of 106.

On this holy ground, there is dedicated a burial mound on the right to deify Christ, and a grave on the left to deify Isukiri.

The above description was given in a testament by Jesus Christ.

360pages

Huh...I was watching DBZ Kai, and noticed that quite a few scenes were completely redone in HD. Not all, but a lot of beam attacks and other things. They look nice, but sometimes it gets jarring to see them spliced in with only a few touch ups to a relatively unchanged series.

Zenfalcia

I should probably mention that this is after them specifically asking one or both of these things.
How much do they know about video games? I'd just go with a simple explaination of people fighting things called shadows during the dsrk hour using "monsters" called personas.
My sister broke off the earphone jack and it got stuck inside her phone. I'm trying to remove it myself because I don't want to go all the way to rogers to fix it.
Hm... How much of the jack is inside? Just the tip?

No, depending in their age, the edge factor may grab them. It is subjective but I will admit when I first saw the opening with Yukari with the pistol to her head shaking I was grabbed

Yeah but theres also the chance theyll think hes creepy for being down with the devil and playing games where you shoot yourself.

beinfilms

1. It's an RPG with social elements
2. Its about teenagers who fight monsters with their inner selves

1. You fight shadows and shit. Also edge.
2. You do shit and cool shit happens. Also edge.

To create bonds in order to fight evil?

Mystical Dark hour is causing trouble along with shadows, so you and the team have to stop it/them.

Thanks for the advice, all.

I did actually get the question of why I was using magic by shooting myself in the head, but I was able to explain that one.

How much do they know about video games? I'd just go with a simple explaination of people fighting things called shadows during the dsrk hour using "monsters" called personas.

Hm... How much of the jack is inside? Just the tip?

Nah, more than that. I'm watching a video on how to fix it myself. My only worry is that I'll fuck up the entire port.

mike0dude

So is it nasty if you eat dip with a spoon? because let's not kid ourselves here, Chips are basically Edible spoons for dip or nacho cheese.

It does both at the same time.

Why not both?
Yeah that works
Did you know there's a Japanese town that believes Jesus Christ is buried there and died of old age there? It reads like bad fanfiction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingō,_Aomori#Tomb_of_Jesus_Christ
Jeez what
but seriously tell them to stop looking over your shoulder its weird.
People get curious man, it's not that weird.

beinfilms

but seriously tell them to stop looking over your shoulder its weird.

I really don't mind. I live in a triple, and the extra floorspace makes my room a de facto lounge, since there isn't one on my floor. I take the opportunity to try to introduce people to new things, like Persona.

360pages

Actually watching both Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z I noticed the over all quality in terms of character animations and what not. The worst was the Cell Saga in terms of off model. Even then outside a few scenes characters rarely suffered from QUALITY.

Or maybe it's because comparing it to the Bleach and Naruto animes, who animators didn't give a fuck a lot of time is the problem.

Maybe its because im paranoid that people will think im weird for what im looking at that i think looking over someones shoulder is weird.

You gotta stop caring about what people think dude, that'll ruin your fun. I took my Vita to class today and like two people asked me what I was playing when they saw Freedom Wars.

Top Bottom