• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Neptunia games after Mk2 have decent combat and humorous writing, but are plagued by terrible performance. The only one I would consider bad is the first game, the second is decent with everything after being a marginal improvement.

Man I love it when the exact opposite thing that Pat described happens. I love it when an OP character joins your party and you need him/her to do the thing and the rest of your party is mostly powerless.

Man I love it when the exact opposite thing that Pat described happens. I love it when an OP character joins your party and you need him/her to do the thing and the rest of your party is mostly powerless.

I don't mind when an OP character joins your team, but I hate when you actually need them to do something. That's super lame.

Like if FE early quests relied on me using the already classed up knight on your team in order to win, that would be fucking awful.

sjay1994

This gif is trippy

3d0f7u4.gif

semisonic

Banned
I don't mind when an OP character joins your team, but I hate when you actually need them to do something. That's super lame.

Like if FE early quests relied on me using the already classed up knight on your team in order to win, that would be fucking awful.

So awakening lunatic mode?
Because that's literally the only way to beat the second map of lunatic mode

Hmmm for the game I'm talking about had a thing where I'm fighting a boss and it has additional enemies and it would be like boss plus additional enemies vs boss plus additional enemies. Would that be somewhat hype tho?

sjay1994

Oh jeez. Now I'm just picturing Taken staring the best friends trying to save their daughter Liam from the banditos.

Pat as Liam Neeson: No dramatic speech, just pure laughter followed by "good luck Liam".

Liam is then sold to a farm for his milk.

FIN

semisonic

Banned
3 is nothing like 2, but it is really good.

I played up to the school in 1, so I kinda know what to expect.
Really wasn't spooking me at the time due to the super dated monster designs, so I traded it in towards buying einhander from the retro game store I got it from. Immediately afterwards, I found out it was on psn.

Zenfalcia

It's good at times, but the problem is it build reliance on a character that usually scales horribly or might betray you in the end.
Not just second, third, and fourth too. IT'S ROUGH.

semisonic

Banned
Wow this is the most ad, ad that theyve ever done.

also
FUCK NO NOT THE LITTLE GIRL!? WHYD YOU MURDER THE GIRL!?

BERSERKER!
BERSEEEEERKER!
you should probably get used to this soon. Otherwise it will just build up your feels and then tear them down for the next 300 or so chapters.
Or don't and feel it every time. That's also a really good way to read it, if you don't mind damaging your sanity.

semisonic

Banned
So... the best green lantern is with the WWE now?

QUfknON.gif
Amazing
Not just second, third, and fourth too. IT'S ROUGH.
Man fuck that. not even hector hard mode made you use marcus for the early chapters. And it's even worse that after that there's a huge difficulty drop. They don't even keep the difficulty up.
Hey you should probably play hector hard mode and also buy FE7 on the wii u VC it's super godlike you guys

Fuck lunatic mode. Its called lunatic for a damn reason.

Hmmm for the game I'm talking about had a thing where I'm fighting a boss and it has additional enemies and it would be like boss plus additional enemies vs boss plus additional enemies. Would that be somewhat hype tho?

I guess it depends on how hype the moment is. Like if the super badass dude teams up with you for the fight to take out some really tough enemies, then I agree that's pretty cool.

Zenfalcia

Amazing

Man fuck that. not even hector hard mode made you use marcus for the early chapters. And it's even worse that after that there's a huge difficulty drop. They don't even keep the difficulty up.
Hey you should probably play hector hard mode and also buy FE7 on the wii u VC it's super godlike you guys
GOD I RESTARTED MISSIONS 2, 3, AND 4 SO MANY GODDAMN TIMES. I SPENT SO LONG.. HSKSBCKDJ.

I could never get past post lynne... I just keep dropping it after that.. ;_;
john-lackey.gif

NO GOD WHY DID SHE KILL HER DAD OR WHATEVER FUCK WHY
BECAUSE REASONS!!!

semisonic

Banned
Fuck lunatic mode. Its called lunatic for a damn reason.

I guess it depends on how hype the moment is. Like if the super badass dude teams up with you for the fight to take out some really tough enemies, then I agree that's pretty cool.

Yeah, but its equivalent in the previous games did not rely on this level of bullshit. It was really fucking bullshit, but was consistently so with extreme levels of strategy involved. The reason I will never hop off of HHM's dick is because I consider it the perfect tough-as-nails-covered-in-diamonds FE experience.

And then after Lunatic there's lunatic+. With random enemy placement and enemy skills. Because fuck good design I guess.

Yeah, but its equivalent in the previous games did not rely on this level of bullshit. It was really fucking bullshit, but was consistently so with extreme levels of strategy involved. The reason I will never hop off of HHM's dick is because I consider it the perfect tough-as-nails-covered-in-diamonds FE experience.

And then after Lunatic there's lunatic+. With random enemy placement and enemy skills. Because fuck good design I guess.

That sounds like some FE5 level of bullshit lol.

It's been in the pipelines since the game was backed.

I'll just post the link here since it has a bunch of new info about the DLC.

The name of it is also super awesome.

semisonic

Banned
GOD I RESTARTED MISSIONS 2, 3, AND 4 SO MANY GODDAMN TIMES. I SPENT SO LONG.. HSKSBCKDJ.

I could never get past post lyn... I just keep dropping it after that.. ;_;

BECAUSE REASONS!!!

Are you fucking serious?
That's where the game starts!
Lyn's story is literally just the tutorial!
Chapters 20-30 are pure, intensely difficult(particularly on harder difficulties) stategy bliss. And with objectives besides "kill all the dudes or the boss or whatever," too!
Fuck!
And then there's hector's story!
And THEN there's HHM!
You missed out on so much godlike content!

Zenfalcia

Are you fucking serious?
That's where the game starts!
Lyn's story is literally just the tutorial!
Chapters 20-30 are pure, intensely difficult(particularly on harder difficulties) stategy bliss. And with objectives besides "kill all the dudes or the boss or whatever," too!
Fuck!
And then there's hector's story!
And THEN there's HHM!
You missed out on so much godlike content!
Yeah... I just lose interest for some reason.. ;_; i want to finish it.

Top Bottom