• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Xiraiya

Have any of you played HL2 Recently? Game holds up real nice, somehow that game still sounds and feels incredibly cool and cinematic even with the parts of it that aged not as well.

I personally don't have a real attachment to Half Life universe, like I don't care about the story and characters in the same way I do with Metal Gear or Dark Souls or whatever, but that whole game and story is still quite an experience, considering it's now over a decade old, that's pretty amazing in my opinion.

I really hope HL3 is taking so long because VALVE want to bring it out as a game that really tries to push PC visual standards since no one does that anymore, it always has to be able to run on current consoles as well as PC.

Have any of you played HL2 Recently? Game holds up real nice, somehow that game still sounds and feels incredibly cool and cinematic even with the parts of it that aged not as well.
I replay the whole Half Life series on occasion. HL1, HL2, and HL2 Episode 2 hold up great. I played those games neigh exclusively as a preteen.

croten

I think my favourite western dev is obsidian. In all honesty there are very few western devs that I like that aren't indie.

Part of me can't accept Big Boss by Kiefer, as much as GZ sold me on some of it.
It doesn't really bother me either way. Honestly, I've been getting a bit tired of Hayter's performance as the games went on. The added gruffness with each passing game and making his voice more raspy makes it harder to listen to, MGS4 being at its worst.

He sounded best in the original MGS, and that game's audio quality is so much lower than future games.

You're doing god's work
You ever have those friends who keep using it "cause it's funner to say funner"?

7J20DGG.gif

Mathaou

legacy of cane
PSA: Funner isn't a word

I had to be that guy.

Dictionary.com:
adjective, funner, funnest.
Informal. of or relating to fun, especially to social fun:
a fun thing to do; really a fun person; the funnest game.
Informal. whimsical; flamboyant:
The fashions this year are definitely on the fun side.

Top Bottom