• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

semisonic

Banned
I can agree. Form a visual point, Monster Hunter just looks boring.

That works too. With the gameplay as good as it is, I'm really excited to see what MGO actually is in this game.

It's probably just sustinence, but better.
I saw a copy of sustinence the other day, and wanted to pick it up, but sadly that shit's long gone.

Skrams

It is my main place to play indie titles really. Just I'm not a big fan of the super indie push the Vita has. Mainly because I don't care about most indies. Waiting on Vita Shovel Knight until I play it mind. And STFU... and... Broforce. And... yeah.
I'm now not sure what I hate on

I can agree with the push being annoying. Indies are getting pushed to make up a bit for the lack of much western software I think at least. There's plenty of Japanese stuff, but pretty dry on the western side besides indies. It's also an easy way to bloat the system to make it look like it has a lot of software. Also crossbuy. I'm also a hypocrite in a way since I'm having trouble thinking of an indie game I played on my Vita that wasn't free from PS+. I think I buy most of my DAY ONE indie games on PC or usually I just get them cheaper during steam sales.

I have PS+ but IDK if I have enough space. I'll have to delete Danganronpa 2, which I am confused by so far. Wheres the murder mysteries? Why am I supposed to be friends with everyone.

You can still add it to your download list for later. Also get a 64 GB card then. AlsoAlso S-Link everyone.

It's probably just sustinence, but better.
I saw a copy of sustinence the other day, and wanted to pick it up, but sadly that shit's long gone.

Similar to Giant Bomb's opinions, I've never cared much for MGO since Metal Gear games have always had mostly awkward controls that were balanced more towards the SP than the multiplayer. But I'm actually looking forward to this because fuck if Ground Zeroes doesn't have the best stealth game controls I've ever seen in my life.

I have PS+ but IDK if I have enough space. I'll have to delete Danganronpa 2, which I am confused by so far. Wheres the murder mysteries? Why am I supposed to be friends with everyone.

Eh, the murder mysteries were easily the worst part of DR1 anyway.

mfw Vita talk.

tumblr_nbckxkKqw41s4f4t0o1_500.gif

semisonic

Banned
Similar to Giant Bomb's opinions, I've never cared much for MGO since Metal Gear games have always had mostly awkward controls that were balanced more towards the SP than the multiplayer. But I'm actually looking forward to this because fuck if Ground Zeroes doesn't have the best stealth game controls I've ever seen in my life.

I was actually able to play Ground zeroes! I fucking love the whole radar system, which is a good amount of the reason I beat mgs 2 and not 3.

And you shut up those mysteries were great. Best off-brand pheonix wright indeed

I actually hate metal gear controls. But fuck me GZ plays fucking amazing

Mathaou

legacy of cane
You can still add it to your download list for later. Also get a 64 GB card then. AlsoAlso S-Link everyone.
Can you transfer data from one memory card to another?

I don't want to play Friendship Simulator. Unless it's sandwiched by Personas, gameplay, or guns.

aside from the boss fights im enjoying this more than shovel knight
What game are you talking about?

At least there was something there to spruce it up. If it didn't have the murder mysteries I would hate that game. I do not like playing uninteresting visual novels about friendship, a la why I'm not enjoying Danganronpa 2.

Only visual novels I've played and really enjoyed are Steins; Gate and Katawa Shoujo.

I was actually able to play Ground zeroes! I fucking love the whole radar system, which is a good amount of the reason I beat mgs 2 and not 3.

And you shut up those mysteries were great. Best off-brand pheonix wright indeed

More like the only off-brand phoenix wright. Its a shame PW pretty much cornered the market on solving murder mysteries because I struggle to think of few games that actually have a murder mystery system, let alone a good one. But then again its really hard to actually write a good murder mystery because when your plot is essentially a bad or predictable murder mystery, just fuck everything.

Though I've heard the Sherlock Holmes game is actually really good.

I can agree with the push being annoying. Indies are getting pushed to make up a bit for the lack of much western software I think at least. There's plenty of Japanese stuff, but pretty dry on the western side besides indies. It's also an easy way to bloat the system to make it look like it has a lot of software. Also crossbuy. I'm also a hypocrite in a way since I'm having trouble thinking of an indie game I played on my Vita that wasn't free from PS+. I think I buy most of my DAY ONE indie games on PC or usually I just get them cheaper during steam sales.

I have no problem with indies being pushed. There are lots of great independent games out there. However, I do think it sucks that for the early adopters that the console has essentially turned into an indie/Japanese portable system which has been all but abandoned as a remote play system by Sony.

Ilvocare

Well I mean I beat him without getting hit the first time around, so...

I don't really mind it, as I even found time attack in that fun.
Although I gotta say I was super disappointed in the low difficulty of the temples. They just weren't returns quality.
Although bopopolis was great for lives grinding

Bopopolis was literally the hardest level in the game for me. And the Kong levels in TF were hard enough for me to notice. I can see an argument being made for "oh bringing Dixie or Cranky into this level breaks the level" but more often than not I'd be relying on the leader of the bunch to actually, y'know, platform.

I also felt generally placid towards Returns the whole time until
I beat all the Kong levels in order to enter the secret zone and trucked through that only to find... a mirror. A motherfucking padding game time mirror.

At that moment I fucking hated Returns. I have yet to not hate it.

I actually hate metal gear controls. But fuck me GZ plays fucking amazing

I'm not fond of them either and its not a stretch to say they were always the worst part about every Metal Gear game, so to see that they're arguably the best part of GZ is pretty amazing.

At least there was something there to spruce it up. If it didn't have the murder mysteries I would hate that game. I do not like playing uninteresting visual novels about friendship, a la why I'm not enjoying Danganronpa 2.

Only visual novels I've played and really enjoyed are Steins; Gate and Katawa Shoujo.

Oh geez, you would really hate any VNs by Key since that's essentially what the theme of their VNs are. Especially Little Busters!

I'm not fond of them either and its not a stretch to say they were always the worst part about every Metal Gear game, so to see that they're arguably the best part of GZ is pretty amazing.
I couldn't play 3 because I hated the controls so much. I'm glad kojima is appealing to casuals like me
Oddly this makes me buy their games day 1 as there's just no point to waiting. I almost always wait on buying other games though as prices drop really fast, like with most PC games.

It sucks as a guy who bought a wii u like 2 months ago because pikmin 3 is still like 60 bucks

semisonic

Banned
Bopopolis was literally the hardest level in the game for me. And the Kong levels in TF were hard enough for me to notice. I can see an argument being made for "oh bringing Dixie or Cranky into this level breaks the level" but more often than not I'd be relying on the leader of the bunch to actually, y'know, platform.

I also felt generally placid towards Returns the whole time until
I beat all the Kong levels in order to enter the secret zone and trucked through that only to find... a mirror. A motherfucking padding game time mirror.

At that moment I fucking hated Returns. I have yet to not hate it.

Bopopolis was the easiest for me, because I beat returns playing only donkey for the most part. I got perfect control of the bouncing height, and I did the same for that level.
And I don't care that mirror mode was all you got.
Because the golden temple itself was so godlike.

The challenge of returns was just something unmatched in TF, which was my only real disappointment with that game.
That being said fuck some of those hard ass returns levels
I'm talking the rocket barrel level and minecart level in the fire world. Holy shit getting all the kong letters and puzzle pieces beat my ass so hard there.

Skrams

mfw Vita talk.
This is what every casul says before they get a Vita. Vita means life.
Can you transfer data from one memory card to another?
As far as I know, no. Just redownload them. If you have PS+ then your saves should be in the cloud or something.
I have no problem with indies being pushed. There are lots of great independent games out there. However, I do think it sucks that for the early adopters that the console has essentially turned into an indie/Japanese portable system which has been all but abandoned as a remote play system by Sony.
Moving goal posts or whatever you want to call it, but I guess I should of said I understand why people have a problem with it. There was a glimpse of hope of western support at the launch which then just died as time went on. I can see the indie push being annoying depending on what you wanted the system to be. If you wanted more Uncharted Golden Abyss or Tearaway then yeah, a Mutant Mudds Deluxe is probably not going to do it for you.

Also man, I just want to bring this up, but Mutant Mudds Deluxe kind of sucks. They brought it up by chance on the last podcast and I just get annoyed thinking about that game.

Captain toad basically is already.
If you buy preowned, which I do. All the time.
Killing the game industry?
More like killing my wallet, if you know what I mean.
HEPHHEPHHEPHHEPHHEPH
AbsolutelyDisgusting.jpeg

Oddly this makes me buy their games day 1 as there's just no point to waiting. I almost always wait on buying other games though as prices drop really fast, like with most PC games.
Yep. Bought Kirby on release date and that shit is still unopened. I've been able to get the games for good prices with weird sales at certain places, but it's very atypical.

It sucks as a guy who bought a wii u like 2 months ago because pikmin 3 is still like 60 bucks

Yeah sadly there are no upsides to being a late adopter of a Nintendo product.
I'm the opposite. I just don't buy some of their games at all unless it's a must-play for me.

Well obviously, I'm never going to play Pikmin because of this. Sadly a lot of their games are must-plays for me...

semisonic

Banned
AbsolutelyDisgusting.jpeg

Yep. Bought Kirby on release date and that shit is still unopened. I've been able to get the games for good prices with weird sales at certain places, but it's very atypical.

Hey waddaya want. I'm on a tight budget from working a shitty job all summer. Don't even have access to my co-ops yet.
At least I've never pirated. That includes movies and games both.

But that music so godlike tho

Skrams

That can suck, but also it sucks more because Nintendo is starting to do limited print runs of their games. Pikmin 3 will only go up from here on since that shit is becoming limited as fuck. I feel horrible for not buying Kid Icarus years ago when I didn't have a 3DS because now a physical edition is fucking insane in price.
I'm the opposite. I just don't buy some of their games at all unless it's a must-play for me. I don't have the money for games such as Captain Toad, despite being interested in it.

This is why you need to get more money and buy all the video games just so you can have them and play them whenever you want.

Oh yeah, america people. Go get the Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked for $30. You save 20% on every video game purchase so that's $12 on anything that's $60. It's a membership for 2 years even. That shit has saved me so much money.

There's just nothing that is interesting on the system.

I'm being a dick, but to you there isn't. For me I have plenty of Vita titles to still play like P4G, Danganronpa, Ys, more Project Diva, and other garbage.

Emouse

Oh yeah, Steins;Gate is coming to Vita. I'll finally actually learn what even Steins;Gate even is.

I almost forgot about that, gon be gooood seeing as it's way waaaay more in depth than the anime as far as I've heard, it's great tho, erryone should watch it

Top Bottom