• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

semisonic

Banned
I thought Mr.X was way fucking cooler, he was basically mutant Kool-Aid Man!

Nemesis is just a big guy with pulsating veins everywhere..

Which has led to a lot of JillxNemesis doujin.

dammit sushi
You know whenever _____x_____ doujins are brought up I gotta search it, at least to know...
But this might be... too far...

That's about what I thought. Basically beat bayo one, kinda tired myself out with it for a bit and never went back to bayo two. Then captain toad came out and I totally forgot I owned it.
On a side not captain toad kicks so much ass. Fuck.

Yeah you can easily burn yourself out by playing the same kind of game back to back. I somehow was able to play both but I still needed like 3 weeks to finish both.

I gotta say, I'm not a huge fan of the Phantom Pain cover art. (But then, I bought the Japanese version of Ground Zeroes because I preferred the cover, so maybe I'm just too picky.)

I looked up the Japanese version of GZ and the box art looks exactly the same?

Also, did you not know about the Shinkawa reversable cover of the western version?

Oh God pc release date for MGS! Not day one but I can easily wait 2 weeks, I was not expecting it to be that close if it wasn't day one.

I don't know how you guys can wait two weeks. I feel like If I'm not playing that game within the first hour it releases I might actually go insane.

Emouse

Yeah you can easily burn yourself out by playing the same kind of game back to back. I somehow was able to play both but I still needed like 3 weeks to finish both.

I get that with some games, I played bayo 1&2 in the space of 3 days and it took me a while to go back and play 2 again, I don't think I'll ever replay bayo 1, I also played the uncharted trilogy over the course of a week, I'm probably never going to play those games ever again

That being said I can play shooters forever, I played Wolfenstein 3 times on release week and if/when the order gets a price drop I'll probably end up doing a few rounds of that too, it helps that it's short too I guess

Rizzi

Pretty sure Nemesis was scripted too. He could follow you for a while if you didn't deal with him, but he had set spawns. But it's been like 12 years since I've played it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Pretty sure Nemesis was scripted too. He could follow you for a while if you didn't deal with him, but he had set spawns. But it's been like 12 years since I've played it.

If you killed him at every encounter, possibly. But if you ran from him, he would follow you to the next screen and you could eventually get away from him. I remember this being a big deal cited in reviews. Mr. X you could run from and he would just be stuck behind you.

Youtube don't work at school, what are the highlights?

Helldivers - <March 3rd NA / 4th EU>
La Mulana EX <March 3rd NA / 4th EU>
OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood - <March 3rd NA / 4th EU>
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines - <March 3rd NA / 4th EU>
Flame Over <March 10th NA / 11th EU>
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number <March 10th NA / Unknown EU>
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters - <March 10th NA / 13th EU>
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - JP <March 12th>
Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 6 - JP <March 12th>
Higurashi When They Cry Sui - JP <March 12th>
Winning Post 8 2015 - JP <March 12th>
Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype <March 17th NA / 18th EU>
Irotoridori no Sekai World’s End -Re:Birth- - JP <March 19th>
Norn9: Norn + Nonette Last Era - JP <March 19th>
LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin <March 24th>
Metal Slug 3 <March 24th>
Daisenryaku Daitouakouboushi3 Dai-2-Ji Sekaitaisenbokpatsu Sujikuguntairengougun Zensekaisen - JP <March 26th>
Deception IV: Another Princess - JP <March 26th>
Friend to Lover - JP <March 26th>
JustyxNasty: Maou Hajimemashita - JP <March 26th>
Okashi na Shima no Peter Pan: Sweet Never Land - JP <March 26th>
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - JP <March 26th>
Senran Kagura Estival Versus: Shoujotachi no Sentaku - JP <March 26th>
Sword Art Online: Lost Song - JP <March 26th>
Toukiden: Kiwami (aka Toukiden: Extreme) <March 29th / 31st>
MLB 15: The Show <March 31st>
Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 6 - JP <March>
Red Goddess: Inner World <March>
Krinkle Krusher

croten

Also, did you not know about the Shinkawa reversable cover of the western version?

I don't know how you guys can wait two weeks. I feel like If I'm not playing that game within the first hour it releases I might actually go insane.
Well I was expecting at least a month, maybe even the same amount of time it took for ground zeros, that being said I might double dip for the PS3 version in the mean time

semisonic

Banned

Yeah that's probably a good amount of the reason why I haven't beaten many of my 8 ongoing hundred hour rpg's despite having enough time at this point. When I was running suikoden V and Wild Arms 3 it was perfect, but then I added in Danganronpa, and SMT nocturne, and I just couldn't handle it anymore.
Should've kept it as it was, but it made things harder because I was trying to do some of them as co-op(?) runs with my brother and then it was just a fucking mess for when I was alone.

Rizzi

If you killed him at every encounter, possibly. But if you ran from him, he would follow you to the next screen and you could eventually get away from him. I remember this being a big deal cited in reviews. Mr. X you could run from and he would just be stuck behind you.

Yeah, point taken. I like Mr. X more because he's just this huge grim looking fucker in a trench coat.

Before he gets super fucked up and mutated.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Helldivers - <March 3rd NA / 4th EU>
La Mulana EX <March 3rd NA / 4th EU>
OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood - <March 3rd NA / 4th EU>
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines - <March 3rd NA / 4th EU>
Flame Over <March 10th NA / 11th EU>
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number <March 10th NA / Unknown EU>
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters - <March 10th NA / 13th EU>
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - JP <March 12th>
Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 6 - JP <March 12th>
Higurashi When They Cry Sui - JP <March 12th>
Winning Post 8 2015 - JP <March 12th>
Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype <March 17th NA / 18th EU>
Irotoridori no Sekai World’s End -Re:Birth- - JP <March 19th>
Norn9: Norn + Nonette Last Era - JP <March 19th>
LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin <March 24th>
Metal Slug 3 <March 24th>
Daisenryaku Daitouakouboushi3 Dai-2-Ji Sekaitaisenbokpatsu Sujikuguntairengougun Zensekaisen - JP <March 26th>
Deception IV: Another Princess - JP <March 26th>
Friend to Lover - JP <March 26th>
JustyxNasty: Maou Hajimemashita - JP <March 26th>
Okashi na Shima no Peter Pan: Sweet Never Land - JP <March 26th>
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - JP <March 26th>
Senran Kagura Estival Versus: Shoujotachi no Sentaku - JP <March 26th>
Sword Art Online: Lost Song - JP <March 26th>
Toukiden: Kiwami (aka Toukiden: Extreme) <March 29th / 31st>
MLB 15: The Show <March 31st>
Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 6 - JP <March>
Red Goddess: Inner World <March>
Krinkle Krusher
I'm getting Hotline Miami 2 and thats it. Never played OlliOlli, how is it?

beinfilms

Nope, the Japanese version's got Kaz looking off to the right. He was replaced with a shot of Camp Omega because Peace Walker did so poorly in the west.

Yeah, I know about it (it's on the Japanese version, too), but I like having Kaz.

Also, I'm fucking crazy.

Never played it, but its got great reviews. I think its a runner but I can't tell honestly.

Also, nothing for me on Vita this month. Still got a decent sized backlog on that thing with Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars and Danganronpa 2, and that doesn't include all the PSP/PS1 classics.

Well I was expecting at least a month, maybe even the same amount of time it took for ground zeros, that being said I might double dip for the PS3 version in the mean time

Yeah, but then you'd have to replay the entire game and lose two weeks of progress. I'm just saying you're a way more patient person then we to wait an extra two weeks. But I guess the thought of "it could have been way worse" helps.

Nope, the Japanese version's got Kaz looking off to the right. He was replaced with a shot of Camp Omega because Peace Walker did so poorly in the west.

Yeah, I know about it (it's on the Japanese version, too), but I like having Kaz.

Also, I'm fucking crazy.

Kaz over Big Boss? You are.

I love Kaz too though.

I need to hurry up and play OlliOlli.

And Toukiden looks like a more fun MonHun.

Somewhere Monster Hunter fans are cringing and they don't even know why.

beinfilms

Kaz over Big Boss? You are.

I love Kaz too though.

Nope, both of them:

1384498429-pa3.jpg

Edit: That was a lot bigger than expected, sorry.

Skrams

Get PS+ and find out.

Honestly this is the best the Vita has been in awhile.
I'm against indies on Vita, but I'm fine with La Mulana and Hotline Miami 2

Gross. The Vita is a really great place for indies since the standby function exists. I enjoyed replaying Hotline Miami on it earlier this year and I've enjoyed a lot of other indies on it already.

SHINJI MIKAMI?!?!?!

No fucking way!

Shinji Mikami is the John Smith of Japan.

croten

Yeah, but then you'd have to replay the entire game and lose two weeks of progress. I'm just saying you're a way more patient person then we to wait an extra two weeks. But I guess the thought of "it could have been way worse" helps.
I'll probably stick to the side content rather than the main game, probably stick to MGOas well

SHINJI MIKAMI?!?!?!

No fucking way!
Yea he makes games
What are you talking about, that shit was like the last really interesting boss fight in TF before it sorta plateau'd.

Then again I adore bullet hells so maybe I'm an anomaly.

Owl's actually great, one of the best designed. Fugu's the worst. Especially if we're talking hard mode. Seriously fuck that. The water world in general stopped my hard mode 200% run.

I liked that somewhat okay otter fight more

Ilvocare

Owl's actually great, one of the best designed. Fugu's the worst. Especially if we're talking hard mode. Seriously fuck that. The water world in general stopped my hard mode 200% run.

Don't let him catch you in his rhythm tho.

The "do everything over again on Hard Mode" is literally one of the worst things about the new DKC games because it feels lazy as fuck. At least TP makes it slightly more interesting than fucking Returns...

Also final bossm'n would have literally destroyed your run if you had kept going anyways.

Gross. The Vita is a really great place for indies since the standby function exists. I enjoyed replaying Hotline Miami on it earlier this year and I've enjoyed a lot of other indies on it already.

It is my main place to play indie titles really. Just I'm not a big fan of the super indie push the Vita has. Mainly because I don't care about most indies. Waiting on Vita Shovel Knight until I play it mind. And STFU... and... Broforce. And... yeah.
I'm now not sure what I hate on

semisonic

Banned
Yea he makes games

I liked that somewhat okay otter fight more
Oh, you're only on world 3?
Oh okay.
What are you talking about, that shit was like the last really interesting boss fight in TF before it sorta plateau'd.

Then again I adore bullet hells so maybe I'm an anomaly.

Get the FUCK OUT
those later levels are fucking godlike
I will fight you bruh
Unless you're talking about boss fights. In which case I guess its okay.

semisonic

Banned
Don't let him catch you in his rhythm tho.

The "do everything over again on Hard Mode" is literally one of the worst things about the new DKC games because it feels lazy as fuck. At least TP makes it slightly more interesting than fucking Returns...

Also final bossm'n would have literally destroyed your run if you had kept going anyways.

Well I mean I beat him without getting hit the first time around, so...

I don't really mind it, as I even found time attack in that fun.
Although I gotta say I was super disappointed in the low difficulty of the temples. They just weren't returns quality.
Although bopopolis was great for lives grinding

I mean it does. I don't care about Hunting games in the slightest, so I don't care either way, but on a pure visual standpoint, Toukiden looks more fun.

I can agree. Form a visual point, Monster Hunter just looks boring.

I'll probably stick to the side content rather than the main game, probably stick to MGOas well

That works too. With the gameplay as good as it is, I'm really excited to see what MGO actually is in this game.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Get PS+ and find out.

Shinji Mikami is the John Smith of Japan.

I have PS+ but IDK if I have enough space. I'll have to delete Danganronpa 2, which I am confused by so far. Wheres the murder mysteries? Why am I supposed to be friends with everyone.

Top Bottom