• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Stop making fun of Croten's giant greatsword you know how ashamed he is of it.
This is how gestures are before quests
1256294_o.gif

So if I weren't able to buy MH4 until, say, another month or so, how bad will that impact my ability to play. Do you guys get super OP or do the monsters still stay challenging even if you play with a scrublord?

So if I weren't able to buy MH4 until, say, another month or so, how bad will that impact my ability to play. Do you guys get super OP or do the monsters still stay challenging even if you play with a scrublord?
Basically how it works is after you go through the first set of monsters, you get amazingly good gear but then monsters all jump up with a new set of quests and some new monsters, and then it happens again.

It gets divided into Low, High, and G rank. We could easily play on your level if we used low rank equipment, or we could come in with high/G equipment and wreck low rank monsters.

I'm pretty low level, so maybe in a month I might be willing to give the game another chance and play with you

croten

Basically how it works is after you go through the first set of monsters, you get amazingly good gear but then monsters all jump up with a new set of quests and some new monsters, and then it happens again.

It gets divided into Low, High, and G rank. We could easily play on your level if we used low rank equipment, or we could come in with high/G equipment and wreck low rank monsters.
Is it possible to one hit a great jaggi with G rank gear? I imagine it would be
Probaly. I'll go ahead and quit cause I ain't beatin this thing. I'll join back up if you're still down.
Sure, my room is still up.

You don't sell gear?

So if I didn't have time for a quest, I can just run around the overworld to collect materials? Are there roaming big monsters that might attack on sight or are things more passive?

Zenfalcia

Alright you lot, come jump into this dumb browser game with Beloved and I, it can hold up to 16 people.

I expect to only get a handful at first, it's not an overly complicated game, you just click
This: QUOTE TO REVEAL

and set your name and stuff and you'll be in, you don't need to make an account or anything like that.

It would be wise to just use your GAF name.
Oh, boardgame? It's pretty fun.

Xiraiya

Well that was fun, unfortunately I messed up Game settings and no one got to pick classes but I changed it so when we make a game then everyone chooses classes at the very start.
I can make another round now if more people are up for it.

Can even set up team matches, but Free For All tends to be more amusing.

semisonic

Banned
Well that was fun, unfortunately I messed up Game settings and no one got to pick classes but I changed it so when we make a game then everyone chooses classes at the very start.

If I'm on a team with ilvo can i still fuck him over

croten

So if I didn't have time for a quest, I can just run around the overworld to collect materials? Are there roaming big monsters that might attack on sight or are things more passive?
There is an expedition mission where you explore a procedurally generated map where you find resources and monsters can randomly attack but regumaps missions will only have specific monsters

There used to be a "hub" area that had a chance of random monsters. Now there's just gathering quests and expeditions. Gathering quests take you to one of the maps and let you gather some materials. Expeditions are RNG and give random stuff to gather and monsters randomly show up, but fighting those monsters is still a pretty long fight, just as much as in a 'real quest'.

Fighting or Capturing a monster is all a quest (generally) entails. They can take generally about 20-50 minutes, and there's a 50 minute time limit.

Zenfalcia

Isn't it better to make it random classes, since everyone would choose the best one and it would rely less on RNGsus.

ultimax

Not even salt
I just picked an arbitrary grudge
He revived me after I went into the pyramid not knowing what was up
and then lassoed me later
and I dedicated the rest of the game to fucking him up

lol that was pretty hilarious though. I'd play later

I wanna play

Xiraiya

Isn't it better to make it random classes, since everyone would choose the best one and it would rely less on RNGsus.
I don't know, last I played most classes weren't too unbalanced, it's mainly just for shits and giggles, if it turns into a series problem then we can start setting it to random.

QUOTE TO REVEAL
New game for anyone interested, you can spectate by joining the game after it begins.

Top Bottom