• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

semisonic

Banned
jacknichilsonnod.gif

Yeah she fun, messing with Nanase now she fun too

Heads up that linne is super low-mid-tier. Not great, but definitely not akatsuki. You will have to work like a motherfucker to get in on the hildes, carmines, and gordeaus. And your combos don't do that much, and your health is kinda low. But the fun factor is worth it.
You're basically yosuke in a game of KOF

Emouse

Messing with girls is pretty fun yes

Ayyy

I find it amusing that you all hate Vanilla, but praise Futa.

Praise be to giant D

Heads up that linne is super mid-tier. Not great, but definitely not akatsuki. You will have to work like a motherfucker to get in on the hildes, carmines, and gordeaus. And your combos don't do that much, and your health is kinda low. But the fun factor is worth it.
You're basically yosuke in a game of KOF

Noooooo

Sounds like a pretty cool concept. (One of my favorite things that Marvel has done is House of M, and this kind of seems to be along those lines in basic concept, from your description.) You'll have to keep us (or at least, me) updated!

Well the story doesnt have that aspect anymore and just have chakra kind of abilities. Though I could gladly give you the gist of the nen kind of ability.
basically the base ability is called Beat which is life and will energy being made manifest, anyone can learn it but its really hard to actually master it. the ability has sub categories which are avalible depending on how you focus on things, so far ive only thought up two forms, Rythem which activates and manifests into simple minded people who can focus on one thing very easily and the power allows the user to basically go berserk on a single opponent, the opposite is Groove which comes naturally to those who can think things through and be able to focus on multiple things at once, the ability allows users to visualize the world around them as moving slowly and see details which allow them to pinpoint opponents weaknesses.

WHAT IS THIS MONSTER HUNTER BULLSHIT AHHH

tYY1vXH.jpg

Also fuck having gross old dudes in shit, that's another thing I don't want. It's an instant nope for me
This man know.
I wonder, who has been on GAF the longest anyway? I've seen some people that have survived for over ten years on this forum, but I don't know what's the case with frienders here.
GuardianE maybe? Or Pat himself.
Seraphis is a big dick OG.
Praise be to giant D
I want Solaire holding a doujin

beinfilms

Aw man, that new Age of Wooltron trailer looks amazing as fuck!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUoeqvedMo

I've been meaning to post about this. As hype as it looks (and it certainly does look hype as fuck), I have a serious problem with it:

I've been operating under the assumption that Age of Ultron will introduce Hank Pym (the original Antman), since he created Ultron in the comics, and then Scott Lang will replace him in the Antman movie. But based on the trailer, they were created by Tony Stark, which I don't particularly like, since it continues to set the trend of "everything cool in the MCU was made by either Howard or Tony Stark." Hank Pym deserves his share of representation!

Ok, nerd rant over.

semisonic

Banned
Well the story doesnt have that aspect anymore and just have chakra kind of abilities. Though I could gladly give you the gist of the nen kind of ability.
basically the base ability is called Beat which is life and will energy being made manifest, anyone can learn it but its really hard to actually master it. the ability has sub categories which are avalible depending on how you focus on things, so far ive only thought up two forms, Rythem which activates and manifests into simple minded people who can focus on one thing very easily and the power allows the user to basically go berserk on a single opponent, the opposite is Groove which comes naturally to those who can think things through and be able to focus on multiple things at once, the ability allows users to visualize the world around them as moving slowly and see details which allow them to pinpoint opponents weaknesses.

Can I just say how on board I am with this naming convention assuming you usually spell it right.

Yeah, you're right, he is from 2005. Seraphis is from 2009 and Pat is 2008. I'm merely 2012.
Pretty much. I'd rather not see Bestgaf change its behavior just because someone doesn't like it. If you don't like it, so be it. This is a thread where you can just join in and talk about practically anything anyway.
I keep forgetting it's 2015.

I think we should be willing to avoid topics that bother some people if they get overwhelming and they ask kindly. Just out of courtesy.
It's still freaky as hell, but now I'm laughing. That's awesome.

beinfilms

I like it. The naming convention is great, and the powers themselves are open ended enough that you could do all kinds of cool things with them.

Lol how long did you spend on that. That's pretty cool
Yeah, you're right, he is from 2005. Seraphis is from 2009 and Pat is 2008. I'm merely 2012.
Pretty much. I'd rather not see Bestgaf change its behavior just because someone doesn't like it. If you don't like it, so be it. This is a thread where you can just join in and talk about practically anything anyway.
We're basically just a glorified chat room

semisonic

Banned

something something super best chatroom
I can't shake the feeling that Beloved is lurking here right now and just looking on in horror.

I've had a bit of a grudge for the "Hey what's up" posts and stuff just because we're still a forum thread and not a chatroom, but maybe I should just let it go and roll with it.

Lol sjay I swear it was bad timing
We already do that. Whenever the thread goes nuts, you have people trying to turn it back to normal. However, I don't think we should just avoid subjects outright, just that we keep in mind possible complaints and adapt when necessary.
Sounds Perfect, You Know What I Mean?

I do enjoy a few things that if I mention may get me banned.
Don't we all. One day it will be the day for Delinquent Gals
something something super best chatroom
I can't shake the feeling that Beloved is lurking here right now and just looking on in horror.
Or she's just laughing at us with Xiraiya again
Stayed up till 9AM for nothing.... I feel dumb

So, whats going on with you guys?
Everything. Take a seat

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, if anything, I'd like to see the thread slow down a bit rather than change. I don't think any other OT on the entirety of NeoGAF moves as fast as we do, and it's really just a handful of people contributing most of the posts. Like a couple people above said, we're a chatroom. And honestly I'm a bit surprised no mod has stepped in and told us to slow down yet. It's a little crazy.

beinfilms

I've had a bit of a grudge for the "Hey what's up" posts and stuff just because we're still a forum thread and not a chatroom, but maybe I should just let it go and roll with it.

I mostly use them if there's a lot of backlog I don't have time to read, or if the topics being discussed are something I have nothing to contribute to. They're a good way to start a new conversation.

semisonic

Banned
At the strawpolls? There are way, way, way worse stuff than these. This is fucking nothing.No, we're not!
Yeah, we kind of are. But that's why we're in community. We talk enough SBF related stuff as well.

Oh I know.
I've stared into the abyss. And the abyss has stared back at me.
At which point I may have gotten a boner.

Yeah, if anything, I'd like to see the thread slow down a bit rather than change. I don't think any other OT on the entirety of NeoGAF moves as fast as we do, and it's really just a handful of people contributing most of the posts. Like a couple people above said, we're a chatroom. And honestly I'm a bit surprised no mod has stepped in and told us to slow down yet. It's a little crazy.

Well, we were the final nail in the coffin for the decision to move these threads to community.

Alfebit

Banned

No I know what you mean. It's why I don't post that I'm going to sleep unless I'm already replying to someone or making a post about the current subject.

No I know what you mean. It's why I don't post that I'm going to sleep unless I'm already replying to someone or making a post about the current subject.
I can't make up my mind on it. I'm probably thinking about other people using it too much.
5-7 minutes tops
It's pretty fucking amazing.
I mostly use them if there's a lot of backlog I don't have time to read, or if the topics being discussed are something I have nothing to contribute to. They're a good way to start a new conversation.
I have noticed that.
If I say morning or good night, I generally add it to the end of a different kind of post so it doesn't contain a greeting only.
Yup. that's fiiiiine.

semisonic

Banned

While I don't really like the what's going on posts(though I'll still make them to actually find out what's going on or otherwise if the thread's just dead to try and revive it a bit), I really appreciate the I'm going to bed posts.
I often want to talk to specific frienders, and try to do so not knowing they're already off for the night.

sjay1994

That Destiny OT moves faster, but then again its mostly people looking for games.

I like that we are kinda like a chat room. Makes it feel like we all have a comradery together and are comfortable with taking about things.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well, we were the final nail in the coffin for the decision to move these threads to community.

Eh, we would have been moved anyway, I'm sure. However I do think we were solely responsible for the GB thread getting moved.

I do enjoy a few things that if I mention may get me banned.

It's funny because I'm sure we all know what you're talking about.
:lol

Zenfalcia

Meh, it's not too bad.
On one hand, it keeps the thread lively, and not boring, but we do make things hard to keep track of.
Oh I know.
I've stared into the abyss. And the abyss has stared back at me.
At which point I may have gotten a boner.
Those are the best kind.
We were, especially since our thread was usually on top or near the top due to the non-stop infinite posting.

Now that we got moved to community I don't think it's a real problem we post so much. I kinda like it cause it's like a tinier Gaf within Gaf that we all discuss all the big topics that get posted on the non-community boards/ organize games/ talk about random bullshit

Top Bottom