• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

So better than expected?

If you were aiming to do well, then a conditional shouldn't change things. But I'm surprised at how hard-ass your university is.
It was the presentation I thought I fucked up. We basically have 5 minutes to present our best work I'm front of the moderators. I would say I did OK at best considering how many people did better than me.

Skrams

Real footage of this Winter on the West Coast.
man-on-fire.gif

Portland Oregon - 35 Degrees, feels like 35 degrees
Louisville Kentucky- 27 Degrees, feels like 7 degrees

I'm not completely sure if you're Portland yet even, but it still works. West Coast must have it horrible with it's 60 degree weather during the day while the East sits around 30 or less.

Fuck snow, I'm just going to drown myself in goldfish and watch Parasyte or Gintama or some shit.

demidar

It was the presentation I thought I fucked up. We basically have 5 minutes to present our best work I'm front of the moderators. I would say I did OK at best considering how many people did better than me.

Ah, so you just scraped by. I did too, my score to get into uni was 71.05 and the cutoff was 70 :lol

You'll be fine.

Portland Oregon - 35 Degrees, feels like 35 degrees
Louisville Kentucky- 27 Degrees, feels like 7 degrees

I'm not completely sure if you're Portland yet even, but it still works. West Coast must have it horrible with it's 60 degree weather during the day while the East sits around 30 or less.

Fuck snow, I'm just going to drown myself in goldfish and watch Parasyte or Gintama or some shit.

This weather is bullshit man! I have to move in 65 degree weather! I look forward to the Winter all goddamn year long, because it's the only time my skin doesn't burn and my eyes don't sear! But no! I don't even get that, I get a fucking mild Spring all Winter! It's bullshit, Skrams, bullshit!

demidar

Welllll... Same, but luckily i slowly got rid of it, and then anime ruined my life.

Video games continue to ruin and enrich my life. Currently being sucked in by Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm.

I'm not actually that deep into animus and mangos (one could say I'm a surface-level shitbag) but I just started reading Touhou doujins which is just as bad.

Zenfalcia

Video games continue to ruin and enrich my life. Currently being sucked in by Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm.

I'm not actually that deep into animus and mangos (one could say I'm a surface-level shitbag) but I just started reading Touhou doujins which is just as bad.
how does those games even enrich your life?

Is that so? I thought you would be around "medium"-level. It's even worst.

demidar

how does those games even enrich your life?

Is that so? I thought you would be around "medium"-level. It's even worst.

Vidja games allow me to stretch and exercise my mind in ways other mediums can't. It's why I generally don't like watching things because I find it too passive and boring.

Probably the "deepest" animango I keep up with is JoJo, and it's just the anime adaptation. Most of my spare time is spent playing games.

I started Anime with FMA and Fumoffu and loved it. Then was talked into watching Bleach, Naruto and Haruhi, all of which I hated, after which I stopped watching it for many, many years.

If it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't have started back up. Gurren Lagann was exactly what I needed in my life. Since then, I've already watched KLK (decent), Inferno coppu (true art) Bebop (possibly the best show I've seen) and JoJo (awesome).

Thanks, guys. That being said, I'm not going to follow your advice all the time. No oreimo for me. Ever.

Don't forget Sword art ;)

Zenfalcia

That looks like plenty of love to me.
You might think you want that kind of love, but you don't...
galilei_donna_anime_gif_anime_anime____________961_by_aliceelliset-d7o18ql.gif

Different anime just cuz.
I started Anime with FMA and Fumoffu and loved it. Then was talked into watching Bleach, Naruto and Haruhi, after which I stopped watching it for many, many years.

If it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't have started back up. Gurren Lagann was exactly what I needed in my life. Since then, I've already watched KLK (decent), Inferno coppu (true art) Bebop (possibly the best show I've seen) and JoJo (awesome).

Thanks, guys. That being said, I'm not going to follow your advice all the time. No oreimo for me.
good job at getting back into anime.

Watch it tho.

Zenfalcia

Vidja games allow me to stretch and exercise my mind in ways other mediums can't. It's why I generally don't like watching things because I find it too passive and boring.

Probably the "deepest" animango I keep up with is JoJo, and it's just the anime adaptation. Most of my spare time is spent playing games.
I guess? Not all of those types of games do. some just makes you mindlessly do something repeatedly. I feel like i'm a mix of liking people playing games, but sometimes liking to play games myself...

So, you're basically liam. Watch more anime and read more mangos tho. There's a lot of good stuff out there.
Hey! That was a different thing. It was to see how far we could go into the abyss if we went together. Pretty far, it seems.Never! Berserk first, I've heard it's really light-hearted.
Definitely on my list, just not top priority.
WATCH IT THO.

NO! I've heard the show goes from Not-really-but-kinda incest to No-point-hiding-it-now incest. Not my thing. Kuroko seems good tho.

The jokes and creepiness aside, you probably wouldn't like Oreimo. It's pretty good for what it is when it's just a comedy about secret nerdiness, but it's certainly not the best.

Kuroko is just really fun and straight forward.

FUCK SWORD ART. PIECE OF SHIT GARBAGE. IF YOU BURNT IT, THE FUMES WOULD KILL EVERYONE IN A 200KM RADIUS.
Oh it's bad alright, but there are worse out there.
Speaking of worse, I might give up my Saturday morning Jojo to watching all of Master of Martial Hearts. I hear it's so bad it becomes offensive.

Speaking of worse, I might give up my Saturday morning Jojo to watching all of Master of Martial Hearts. I hear it's so bad it becomes offensive.

I've seen many things objectively way worse than SAO. But similar to how Fast and Furious 6 isn't a great movie but is my favorite, SAO isn't the worst but is my least favorite by quite a bit.

I watched all of Master of Martial Hearts when I was like, 15 and didn't mind it at the time.

demidar

I guess? Not all of those types of games do. some just makes you mindlessly do something repeatedly. I feel like i'm a mix of liking people playing games, but sometimes liking to play games myself...

So, you're basically liam. Watch more anime and read more mangos tho. There's a lot of good stuff out there.

When I watch someone play, I always suffer at how much better I would be at the game if I were to play it. The question is how much I want to suffer for the other virtues of the video.

I'm basically Liam? Aww fuck.

jokes, I <3 you liam

Watch MullHolland Drive.

Is there a super easy way to watch it that doesn't involve buying or importing a box of DVDs?

I've been meaning to do that. Since I have a snow day today, i'll probably start it a little later.

Skrams

Any anime I've watched and enjoyed gets added to the list (aside from Bebop, need to fix that). I enjoyed it quite a bit, but it's not too great a show. It's just pretty decent/good and fun in my opinion and I like the blade.
It's pretty good and fun. I can see you saying decent considering you've only cared about 5 shows, but eh, the hype it brings me wouldn't allow me to call it only decent.
Spoilers! It doesn't become incest tho!
You're right, but still, just no.

I've seen many things objectively way worse than SAO. But similar to how Fast and Furious 6 isn't a great movie but is my favorite, SAO isn't the worst but is my least favorite by quite a bit.

I watched all of Master of Martial Hearts when I was like, 15 and didn't mind it at the time.

Yea there are much worse things out there, Sword art is just a big target due to how popular it is.

I don't know if that's meant increase or decrease my expectation.

Yea there are much worse things out there, Sword art is just a big target due to how popular it is.

I don't know if that's meant increase or decrease my expectation.

For me it's not even that it's popular, it's that there was a very good amount of potential there. I really, really enjoyed the first 6 episodes. But it fell so hard into the worst tropes and the animation was so sporadic and the characters made no sense and goddammit fuck that show.

For me it's not even that it's popular, it's that there was a very good amount of potential there. I really, really enjoyed the first 6 episodes. But it fell so hard into the worst tropes and the animation was so sporadic and the characters made no sense and goddammit fuck that show.
I think everyone who was watching the start while it aired thought it had a lot of potential (hell I was already thinking it was going to be one of my favourites) only to be completely let down.
Rewatching it in the instasync made me realise how much I hate Asuna.

Skrams

You even enjoyed beater and not tentacle rape of a loli?

Also fuck, you people need to stop bringing up SAO. I end up just repeating the same beater blackswordsman tentacle rape incest bullshit and then I just get sad.
;_; but it's a fun show.
Sort of, but still no

You even enjoyed beater and not tentacle rape of a loli?

Also fuck, you people need to stop bringing up SAO. I end up just repeating the same beater blackswordsman tentacle rape incest bullshit and then I just get sad.

I didn't say I loved it or that it was perfect, but that's regular anime bad, and I'm fully used to that. It's what happens after that that I can't handle.

Skrams

I didn't say I loved it or that it was perfect, but that's regular anime bad, and I'm fully used to that. It's what happens after that that I can't handle.

So does "really, really enjoyed," mean that you really, really enjoy regular anime bad or was there something else there that was enjoyable besides the not tentacle rape.

So does "really, really enjoyed," mean that you really, really enjoy regular anime bad or was there something else there that was enjoyable besides the not tentacle rape.

1. I do really, really enjoy regular bad anime. It's what I spend most days watching.

2. I really, really enjoyed the parts that weren't regular anime bad but were legit.

Skrams

1. I do really, really enjoy regular bad anime. It's what I spend most days watching.

2. I really, really enjoyed the parts that weren't regular anime bad but were legit.

This is where I think, well, Aaron likes anime because it's anime, so there's not much point in me saying anything.

Except you're right. Asuna eating that roll with virtual butter was legit as fuck.

This is where I think, well, Aaron likes anime because it's anime, so there's not much point in me saying anything.

Except you're right. Asuna eating that roll with virtual butter was legit as fuck.

Hey, that first boss fight was pretty good. They used tactics and actually had gameplay mechanics as part of the story. Then the murder mystery was pretty legit. Laughing Coffin was cool. There was some semblance of a plot. The first six episodes are at the very least pretty good.

Hey, that first boss fight was pretty good. They used tactics and actually had gameplay mechanics as part of the story. Then the murder mystery was pretty legit. Laughing Coffin was cool. There was some semblance of a plot. The first six episodes are at the very least pretty good.
To me the murder mystery was one of the lowest points of arc 1. First boss fight was fine.

Top Bottom