• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

I'm just going to use Youtube from now on. The main site works like garbage for me.

Also, regarding the PC elitism thing I complained about a while ago, you need to look no further than good old Neogaf to see what I mean. It's fucking absurd reading through stupid shit like this. Didn't even have to go to reddit.

I still think it's fucking amazing how many units got sold in the two slowest months of the year, like fuck

thestandoff.gif

The war of two Dr.'s
who shall come out victorious

semisonic

Banned
Man I'm listening to the PSO2 soundtrack, there's 4 30 minute songs, two of which are variations on the other 2. That's 30 minutes of constantly changing music, with no looping. It's super interesting to sit through in one go.

Gaming is dying.Yeah, It's kind of absurd, though I doubt it'll be able to keep up this speed for too long. Still, congrats to sony.It IS perfect. What I don't understand is why these, apparently PC fanboys, have issues. Why do people care so fucking much that consoles are selling? Isn't this a good thing regardless of who's doing well? Whether it be MS, Nintendo, Sony or Valve, I welcome success and competition.

It's because plebs don't want to join the superior PC master race so they're upset that people keep buying them

Gaming is dying.Yeah, It's kind of absurd, though I doubt it'll be able to keep up this speed for too long. Still, congrats to sony.It IS perfect. What I don't understand is why these fanboys, quite a few being PC fanboys, have issues with this. Why do people care so fucking much that consoles are selling? Isn't this a good thing regardless of who's doing well? Whether it be MS, Nintendo, Sony or Valve, I welcome success and competition. Rivalry between console brands? Stupid, but sure, but this PC vs Console shit is the dumbest, most obnoxious thing ever.

As long as the gaming pie is expanded, I don't care who wins the console race.

I'll be a little upset with no Nintendo in the future console race, but as long as I get Zelda, Mario, and the like I'll be a happy camper, no matter where you buy.

but shit, that means the PS4 is going to stay at around 400 dollars :(

hqdefault.jpg

PC is my primary, consoles are the supplement.

I mean it's as simple as that. Sure I don't have disposable income to have anything but my PC and my WiiU right now, but I'm not salt over a console doing well.

As someone who has actually used an oculus rift, I'm not all that excited.
For the sound design, sure.
But basically everyone on this thread, including me, wears glasses, which really fucks with that shit.
It's pretty terrible

Oh yeah my eyesight is fucking horrible, I've never really cared about VR for that reason.

semisonic

Banned

I'll be a little upset with no Nintendo in the future console race, but as long as I get Zelda, Mario, and the like I'll be a happy camper, no matter where you buy.

I really feel the same. Some companies gonna win, some gonna lose, but as long as I still gots my nintendo, I'm still all in on gaming.
If they went out tho? I don't want to talk about it.
The real reason I hate the pc master race shit is because of the elitism.
That shit drives me nuts no matter who's doing it.

Neol

I mean it's as simple as that. Sure I don't have disposable income to have anything but my PC and my WiiU right now, but I'm not salt over a console doing well.

The best combo to have. There are some exclusives I would like to get for PS4 but nothing to make me go crazy.

As someone who has actually used an oculus rift, I'm not all that excited.
For the sound design, sure.
But basically everyone on this thread, including me, wears glasses, which really fucks with that shit.
It's pretty terrible

Its definitely not comfortable. Just think VR headsets in general have a long way to go but it has has been improving tho.

If you listened to the GB podcast this week with the 8-4 guys, Nintendo is doing fine in Japan as well as here. Probably better over there. Nintendo will be with us for a while.

If it comes to that to satiate my gaming needs, I'll no longer be buying hardware.

I don't think everyone can afford or wants to spend the money or credit to own both and consumers shouldn't feel the need to.

I really feel the same. Some companies gonna win, some gonna lose, but as long as I still gots my nintendo, I'm still all in on gaming.
If they went out tho? I don't want to talk about it.
The real reason I hate the pc master race shit is because of the elitism.
That shit drives me nuts no matter who's doing it.

One of my friends is like that a lot granted he's toned down a lot as time has gone on, it was so fucking grating to try and talk about videogames with him

If it comes to that to satiate my gaming needs, I'll no longer be buying hardware.

I don't think everyone can afford or wants to spend the money or credit to own both and consumers shouldn't feel the need to.

I own both because the WiiU is affordable and has exclusives interesting to me, and PC has games on the cheap. I built my own PC because I was ready to take that plunge and made a modest system on a $500 budget.

You don't have to if it isn't your thing. That's the amazing thing about the world, you're free to choose what you want! And one choice isn't superior to any others as long as it fulfills your needs!

It fucking blows my mind that this is still going on. Years after Nintendon't and SMEGMA stopped being a thing.

I always assumed that term was used as a joke, you know, tongue-in-cheek. I was surprised and embarrassed for those people when I learned that a lot of people use it in a serious manner.

It used to be a joke. The Subreddit was very tongue-in-cheek. Then people started to get serious and I stayed away from it.

If you listened to the GB podcast this week with the 8-4 guys, Nintendo is doing fine in Japan as well as here. Probably better over there. Nintendo will be with us for a while.

Good news to hear.

Having said that, they need to have some serious price drops on their stuff. It remains too expensive to buy most first party Wii U titles because of the price staying up so high.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Man I'm listening to the PSO2 soundtrack, there's 4 30 minute songs, two of which are variations on the other 2. That's 30 minutes of constantly changing music, with no looping. It's super interesting to sit through in one go.
OST time is over. Let it go!

I think I'm just going to buy a used one. Fuck it. I'm buying a PS4 for Bloodbourne.
Good.

They're not going to do VR for a while or maybe they never will. I don't think so because Nintendo is all about social experiences, which VR is not.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Don't. There are plenty of them floating around with bundles that will make it worthwhile.

I'd wait until next Christmas.

But Bloodbourne... I have 300$ extra laying around, in 2 weeks It could be 600$ if I don't save or spend any of it. I think I'll do that.

I own both because the WiiU is affordable and has exclusives interesting to me, and PC has games on the cheap. I built my own PC because I was ready to take that plunge and made a modest system on a $500 budget.

You don't have to if it isn't your thing. That's the amazing thing about the world, you're free to choose what you want! And one choice isn't superior to any others as long as it fulfills your needs!

It fucking blows my mind that this is still going on. Years after Nintendon't and SMEGMA stopped being a thing.

I dunno, a lot of people feel the need to defend their gaming needs because of bullshit arbitrary reasons.

It's no secret that I like Nintendo products, but I also buy Sony and MS. Nintendo & Sony just scratches my personal itch that much more.

But Bloodbourne... I have 300$ extra laying around, in 2 weeks It could be 600$ if I don't save or spend any of it. I think I'll do that.

Yep just save and get a new ps4 in the box if you can't wait for this coming november. There may be some bundles still lying around I dunno.

BB is going to get a bundle. If MGS5 got one, so will BB.

I'm gonna wait for the eventual Kingdom Hearts 3 bundle. I know my brother would love to split the cost for that.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
BB is going to get a bundle. If MGS5 got one, so will BB.

I'm gonna wait for the eventual Kingdom Hearts 3 bundle. I know my brother would love to split the cost for that.
It for sure will. Has it been announced?

November is black friday so you usually get nice bundles.
I got my PS4 for 350 with Farcry 4 from Best Buy in December.

Oh, I always go up north for Thanksgiving, so I'm never near any stores. Darn.

How many people did you have to stomp to death for that?

I attempted to get one in store and failed that ps4 section was fucking barren. Then I ordered one online and picked it up a few days later. The 350 deal lasted from the christmas eve to news year day if I remember correctly

360pages

I buy games not companies, unless a company has done something that legit made me hate their guts/ hasn't really produced something that I want. (Capcom/ Ninja Theory)
I'll still take a look at their games/

Emouse

I attempted to get one in store and failed that ps4 section was fucking barren. Then I ordered one online and picked it up a few days later. The 350 deal lasted from the christmas eve to news year day if I remember correctly

That doesn't surprise me, the rush for deals in the U.S. seems like insanity sometimes

That doesn't surprise me, the rush for deals in the U.S. seems like insanity sometimes

My mom and my aunts loved to face the gauntlet each year and fight for what they knew in their hearts they truly deserved. Shit is downright bonkers, especially as the years have gone on and stores are constantly trying to one up each other
Precious memories~

Oh Man. I had a dream where it took place in the Harry Potter universe but it controlled lik Dragons Dogma and the environments and stuff were like between Dark Souls and Bloodborne. All the enemies had the Sonic the a Hedgehog thing where killing them saved a small animal that had been transformed into the monster. Final boss was a huge Quelaag ripoff.

There was a huge emphasis on getting a certain sword and I kept riding around from place to place to get details on it, but it ended up being located beneath my parent's house.
-
Anyway yeah PC Master Race is stupid.

Xiraiya

PSO2 has one of my favorite Boss themes of all time which was pretty hype to play through.

This.

It's the kind of thing I would want to have as a boss theme in a character action game.
q5DVj8.gif

ultimax

Oh Man. I had a dream where it took place in the Harry Potter universe but it controlled lik Dragons Dogma and the environments and stuff were like between Dark Souls and Bloodborne. All the enemies had the Sonic the a Hedgehog thing where killing them saved a small animal that had been transformed into the monster. Final boss was a huge Quelaag ripoff.

There was a huge emphasis on getting a certain sword and I kept riding around from place to place to get details on it, but it ended up being located beneath my parent's house.
-
Anyway yeah PC Master Race is stupid.

/dead

What the fuck?

Top Bottom