• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Skrams

Hey, that first boss fight was pretty good. They used tactics and actually had gameplay mechanics as part of the story. Then the murder mystery was pretty legit. Laughing Coffin was cool. There was some semblance of a plot. The first six episodes are at the very least pretty good.

I watched it forever ago and the only bias I had going in was Pat and Liam shitting on it in some old podcast. I found the first six episodes boring and there's cool ideas there like the Christmas event, but I don't think they're carried out very well. The parts that were bad were very bad, but the other parts were mostly just boring to me.

Also yeah, the first boss fight was fine besides Beater and trying to make me care about this leader that died that I don't give a fuck about.

Nordicus

OT15: nothin but sword art
No, fuck sword art, more Xenoverse.

It figures that even though everyone's complaining about SSJ ulti spammers online, and I have my skills geared to countering that, I only get paired up against awesome rushdown characters. They don't use ranged attacks so my ranged counter move is worthless, and I didn't have any moves equipped that could be used in melee when I have a second of breathing room. Still incredibly fun

It is also fun when they rush right into my Spirit Sword which is almost like a blockable grab. You just can't defend against it if you're rushing at me, and the spin move attacks the opponent twice for ridiculous damage if they try to recover out of it. Lie down sonny, you don't want to lose extra 30% HP from twitch reaction!

Emouse

No, fuck sword art, more Xenoverse.

It figures that even though everyone's complaining about SSJ ulti spammers online, and I have my skills geared to countering that, I only get paired up against awesome rushdown characters. They don't use ranged attacks so my ranged counter move is worthless, and I didn't have any moves equipped that could be used in melee when I have a second of breathing room. Still incredibly fun

It is also fun when they rush right into my Spirit Sword which is almost like a blockable grab. You just can't defend against it if you're rushing at me, and the spin move attacks the opponent twice for ridiculous damage if they try to recover out of it. Lie down sonny, you don't want to lose extra 30% HP from twitch reaction!

Yo that sounds awesome, I need to play more and unlock stuff, I've only done the first few missions and bits but I got busy with other stuff, the one thing I will say about it though is I don't enjoy the kind of 'dark filter' that the console versions seem to have

Good god are we riding the SAO tentacle again?

I'm gonna go watch NXT.

I thought the tentacle riding never stopped

croten

Reminder in case it hasn't been said before. Voting for the podcast awards is now open.

You can vote daily and you'll need to use an actual email to verify your vote. I doubt the SBFC will win, but no harm in trying.

Also man, this Gintama recap episode might be one of the best recap episodes I've ever seen. I'm having trouble thinking of any others I've seen that I've liked besides Gurren and KLK's, but man, this one was really good.
I actually didn't like gurren's recap episode

Nordicus

Yo that sounds awesome, I need to play more and unlock stuff, I've only done the first few missions and bits but I got busy with other stuff, the one thing I will say about it though is I don't enjoy the kind of 'dark filter' that the console versions seem to have
Yeah, spirit sword is incredibly fun but it's almost solely a 1v1 PvP move. In group fights you're incredibly vulnerable because the initial grab has no super armor and you can get knocked out of the move by a single random ki blast from a second nearby enemy. Once you get to the huge 360+ degree sword slash, you get the super armor.

I thought the tentacle riding never stopped

It really needs to stop, it's reaching monster girl level.

I started Anime with FMA and Fumoffu and loved it. Then was talked into watching Bleach, Naruto and Haruhi, all of which I hated, after which I stopped watching it for many, many years.

If it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't have started back up. Gurren Lagann was exactly what I needed in my life. Since then, I've already watched KLK (decent), Inferno coppu (true art) Bebop (possibly the best show I've seen) and JoJo (awesome).

Thanks, guys. That being said, I'm not going to follow your advice all the time. No oreimo for me. Ever.
I was into anime before but this thread is what made me embrace it. I never thought I would be following 4 shows in a season.
Oreimo is lighthearted fun, you just have to avoid the second season.

No fucking way, I actually got a conditional offer for a place at Uni. I honestly thought I fucked up and wasn't going anywhere next year.
Congratulations!

I also bought this Madoka figure for $19.
tLQKdyD.jpg
I went looking for Homura figures the other day and wasn't to impressed with what I saw. That new |Madoka Rebellion spoiler |
Devil
Homura figma would be good but those joints are offensive.

Skrams

I actually didn't like gurren's recap episode

Because it's still a recap episode or what? It's fine if you don't like recap episodes in general because they're just reused content usually, but I think the Gurren recap was pretty stylish. That's why I enjoyed it when compared to other recap episodes. Most other recap episodes are just

Morning Nerds

You should see how bad the visibility is in the snowstorm hitting NY today.

Shades of Silent Hill fog.

Im my restless dreams, I see that town.

New York City

Morning Nerds

You should see how bad the visibility is in the snowstorm hitting NY today.

Shades of Silent Hill fog.

Im my restless dreams, I see that town.

New York City

If you can make it there you can make it anywhere..in..

Newww Yoorkkk

These mandarins will make you feel brand new, the lying figures will inspire you..

in Newww Yoorrrkk

croten

Because it's still a recap episode or what? It's fine if you don't like recap episodes in general because they're just reused content usually, but I think the Gurren recap was pretty stylish. That's why I enjoyed it when compared to other recap episodes. Most other recap episodes are just
Mostly because it's just a recap episode, yeah. I did like KLK's one though.

Izumi is officially just doing it for the nookie now.

Edit: Fuck, top of the page.

By the power of my wet dick, I WILL LIVE!
She was the one constant in his life, I can see how when he was ready to break she could pull him back. The most unbelievable thing is Japanese people having sex.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Ever have that feeling when you go into a test thinking you were prepared and then realizing that you know fucking nothing and didn't do a study guide that was apparently worth points?

semisonic

Banned
Ever have that feeling when you go into a test thinking you were prepared and then realizing that you know fucking nothing and didn't do a study guide that was apparently worth points?

yep, though that hasn't happened to me since high school(the study guide part, not the test part. That's happened to me since.)
get shrekt nerd

By the power of my wet dick, I WILL LIVE!
She was the one constant in his life, I can see how when he was ready to break she could pull him back. The most unbelievable thing is Japanese people having sex.

It truly is a mindblowing thing.
When he does kill that guy, I want Limp Bizkit to play so bad as he just walks away..I would die a happy man.

I'm just going to use Youtube from now on. The main site works like garbage for me.

Also, regarding the PC elitism thing I complained about a while ago, you need to look no further than good old Neogaf to see what I mean. It's fucking absurd reading through stupid shit like this. Didn't even have to go to reddit.

zOK5bij.gif

PERFEKT.

I'm ready to throw down motherfucker,
and I didn't know there was a term for that but it's whatever

thestandoff.gif

Top Bottom