• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

croten

Damn, my once a week speech class got cancelled twice, now. Not sure how that's gonna work.
VIRAL IS SO FUCKING GOOD
What I love about Viral is that he's the rival to two characters. When you first meet him he basically kicks everyone's ass and it takes both Kamina and Simon to beat him but by episode 8 you can see Kamina fending him off with just Gurren and later Simon ends up beating him using one hand.

Xiraiya

Temporary forms are lame, the one I really liked though was in that one movie where Goku generates a Spirit bomb and instead of throwing it, absorbs it into himself and explodes the villain with an epic rage fueled spirit bomb filled punch.

Temporary forms are lame, the one I really liked though was in that one movie where Goku generates a Spirit bomb and instead of throwing it, absorbs it into himself and explodes the villain with an epic rage fueled spirit bomb filled punch.
Yo, that sounds awesome. I need to see that.

What I love about Viral is that he's the rival to two characters. When you first meet him he basically kicks everyone's ass and it takes both Kamina and Simon to beat him but by episode 8 you can see Kamina fending him off with just Gurren and later Simon ends up beating him using one hand.
It's rad, and I'm a complete sucker for the trope of rival-turned-ally, and his dream inside the pocket universe really hit me hard.
That's some Silent Hill amibiance bullshit.

Damn, my once a week speech class got cancelled twice, now. Not sure how that's gonna work.
VIRAL IS SO FUCKING GOOD

I liked him as a rival initially, but I enjoy the Vergil-esque rivals more where they're usually the end goal more than just a reappearing enemy. Kind of like
Kirei
in Fate/Zero, L in Death Note and Char in Original Gundam.

Sendo is the coolest.

Sendo is amazing, but Ippo's best fight in the anime so far was in Rising.

"hehehehehe"

I liked him as a rival initially, but I enjoy the Vergil-esque rivals more where they're usually the end goal more than just a reappearing enemy. Kind of like
Kirei
in Fate/Zero, L in Death Note and Char in Original Gundam.
That's fair. Fate/Zero's last fight
is amazing. Time Accel dabes

Insert overdone complaint about
what happens to L in
Death Note

ultimax

what happens to L in
Death Note
best gril
tumblr_mtatgwco1h1s1r9y2o4_500.gif

what happens to L in
Death Note

When I mean end goal, I mean that they're your rival and the major threat. Viral was never the end goal for Team Gurren since that was the spiral king. Unlike Death Note and Fate/Zero where L and (by season 2 especially) Kirei, were the end goals for the main protagonists to overcome in their respective shows, without specifically being the actual villain and more of a rival they keep clashing with.

Those are the kind of rivals I prefer more, even though there's nothing wrong with your Virals and your Vorkkens.

360pages

Okay Xenoverse is also pretty funny.

During the Battle of the Gods arc, Trunk even said the fight started for the stupidest of reasons.

When I mean end goal, I mean that they're your rival and the major threat. Viral was never the end goal for Team Gurren since that was the spiral king. Unlike Death Note and Fate/Zero where L and (by season 2 especially) Kirei, were the end goals for the main protagonists to overcome in their respective shows, without specifically being the actual villain and more of a rival they keep clashing with.

Those are the kind of rivals I prefer more, even though there's nothing wrong with your Virals and your Vorkkens.
No I getcha. I love both, but I do think I have a preference for the latter if it's done well. Though, I mean Vergil/Dante's
teamup boss of Arkham is lame cause that boss is turrible, but them working together SAYING JACKPOT, AND THEN HAVING ONE LAST FIGHT OH MY GOD

360pages

Saiyans just fight to get fight boners anyways
the females are probably constantly horny

I think it's more funny that despite Vegeta's pride, Goku still has a bigger fight boner than he does. I mean Goku legit ditches his family constantly to train and fight while Vegeta sticks around.

Jesus, things I've heard about these fight scenes were right, holy shit.

Ironically, this is probably the most tame of the actual servant fight scenes. S2 especially has some insane moments and fights.

As much shit as I give Aniplex US for their prices, this is probably the only show where I can maybe see why its so expensive. Both seasons come with a show with production values as high as this, the full Yuki Kajura soundtrack, and possibly the greatest dub in anime history.

This is actually a luxury/collectors item, compared to them charging the same price for KLK or even Nisekoi, which is bs.

Ironically, this is probably the most tame of the actual servant fight scenes. S2 especially has some insane moments and fights.

As much shit as I give Aniplex US for their prices, this is probably the only show where I can maybe see why its so expensive. Both seasons come with a show with production values as high as this, the full Yuki Kajura soundtrack, and possibly the greatest dub in anime history.

This is actually a luxury/collectors item, compared to them charging the same price for KLK or even Nisekoi, which is bs.
I would be totally ok with buying these and not feel ripped off.

That's tame? Holy hell.

Top Bottom