• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Actually, i'm a junior in high school. Most of my classmates have the attention span of gnats and are some of the worst readers i've ever met, so starting with Frankenstein, my teacher got the graphic novel versions of books to try to get them to pay even a little attention and actually read. They still don't. Honestly, it's really disappointing. The graphic novel series cuts out a lot of stuff from its source material, which also sucks.

Congrats on being the youngest person here

YO THIS THING IS KINDA SEXY LOOKING
3KyCYfT.jpg
Real quick, does poogie actually do anything? I've seen some people say petting him right boosts drop rates.
Petting Poogie is the only way to get rare drops consistently.
Its a community troll/myth/goofy thing

It's not like it matters. People are just going to look up summaries anyway.

Actually, i'm a junior in high school. Most of my classmates have the attention span of gnats and are some of the worst readers i've ever met, so starting with Frankenstein, my teacher got the graphic novel versions of books to try to get them to pay even a little attention and actually read. They still don't. Honestly, it's really disappointing. The graphic novel series cuts out a lot of stuff from its source material, which also sucks.

I was in HS 6 years ago. We had to read most of the plays from the classic text.

It's really disappointing to hear that teens nowadays can't even handle a super condensed, cliff notes version of a classic English play.

I was in HS 6 years ago. We had to read most of the plays from the classic text.

It's really disappointing to hear that teens nowadays can't even handle a super condensed, cliff notes version of a classic English play.
I went to a private, "classical" circiculum high school. We were given original versions with some minor annotations. Reading stuff like Nathaniel Hawthorne took some real effort.

I find most classical literature wholly overrated and a product of it's time. It would make most sense to be read in addition to learning about the history of the period it was released in.

I went to a private, "classical" circiculum high school. We were given original versions with some minor annotations. Reading stuff like Nathaniel Hawthorne took some real effort.

I find most classical literature wholly overrated and a product of it's time. It would make most sense to be read in addition to learning about the history of the period it was released in.

Billy Shakes is the master of crafting plot and narrative tho.

Plus he writes a mean rhyme.

He gets all the ladies with his sonnets.

The oracle games are almost copies, think like Pokemon Red/Blue

Were they? It's been a while, but I remember the environment/villains being much different since one game had seasons while the other had past/present?

Red/blue were basically the same game except occasionally you'd find different pokemon in the wild

It really is. I swear, the people i've had in classes are some of the worst readers i've ever met. They're not understanding words learned in 5th grade. I understand not understanding every word, but missing some really basic shit is incomprehensible to me. For example, one girl didn't know what murdered meant. How. Fucking how. We're goddamn juniors.

It really is. I swear, the people i've had in classes are some of the worst readers i've ever met. They're not understanding words learned in 5th grade. I understand not understanding every word, but missing some really basic shit is incomprehensible to me. For example, one girl didn't know what murdered meant. How. Fucking how. We're goddamn juniors.
I know that too well. Then again i was an ultra nerd in hs. And the school system round these parts is garbage and only cares about test scores.

Heh.

NJ taxpayer funded public schools are that bad?

I saw Shakespear in Love, I'm pretty sure I know everything about good ol Bill Shakes

Billy Shakes is the illest.

Heh.

NJ taxpayer funded public schools are that bad?

Billy Shakes is the illest.
I'm not sure if the schools are just bad or if a lot of students just don't give a shit. I mean, not knowing what murdered means is embarrassing. Our public schools aren't great, but that is another level. They're not that shitty.

I'm not sure if the schools are just bad or if a lot of students just don't give a shit. I mean, not knowing what murdered means is embarrassing. Our public schools aren't great, but that is another level. They're not that shitty.

If it makes you feel any better last semester in my college criminal law class when my professor mentioned the firing squad a guy asked
"What does that mean? They burned him to death?"

the Oracle games were nothing like Pokemon, each one a completely different game
you had to buy both to fight the secret bosses Ganon and Twinrova though

360pages

the Oracle games were nothing like Pokemon, each one a completely different game
you had to buy both to fight the secret bosses Ganon and Twinrova though

Yeah, I heard seasons focused on fighting as well as being closer to Zelda 1 in terms of layout while Ages is just a regular Zelda game.

360pages

Honestly, I rather have someone do a comparison video of Link's awakening and Link to the past than the former with Ocarina of time

Top Bottom